Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Broadband - Price Increase - Break Contract

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Happy to pay if they can justify it rather than forcing users to select new plans with increased speeds and proclaimed improved services

Always going to be increased speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

irishgeo wrote: »
    Always going to be increased speeds.

240 to 250 Mbps l...10 Mbps increase....no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

240 to 250 Mbps l...10 Mbps increase....no thanks

You don't think Vodafone will scrap lower speed tariffs when it suits them.

Your broadband speed is lowered when you get Vodafone TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Can anybody who recently signed up to VM tell me how long it took from order to delivery roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

DubDJ wrote: »
    Can anybody who recently signed up to VM tell me how long it took from order to delivery roughly?
    depends is there existing connection, as seems those who have line installed its couple days to get the box, in no connection then could be week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

scamalert wrote: »
    depends is there existing connection, as seems those who have line installed its couple days to get the box, in no connection then could be week or two.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it was a lot quicker than I expected. We ordered late last night hoping for delivery before Friday and we’ve already received a notification from nightline with an expected delivery of tomorrow. Less than 48 hours from order to delivery it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭steves2

We got Vodafone 1000Mbps installed on Friday, I've noticed the signal drop from my phone over the weekend a couple times but thought it might have been my phone. My wife works from home and she said the network disconnected a couple times today which never happened with VM. Said I'd go on their site and try to get someone on support...have to call and no tech chat team...I'm really considering cancelling and going with another siro provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

steves2 wrote: »
    We got Vodafone 1000Mbps installed on Friday, I've noticed the signal drop from my phone over the weekend a couple times but thought it might have been my phone. My wife works from home and she said the network disconnected a couple times today which never happened with VM. Said I'd go on their site and try to get someone on support...have to call and no tech chat team...I'm really considering cancelling and going with another siro provider.

try splitting your network. 2.4 and 5g And dividing up the devices . Far away devices to 2.4 and close devices to 5g

try splitting your network. 2.4 and 5g And dividing up the devices . Far away devices to 2.4 and close devices to 5g

We already did that but thanks. The fact that the wired network was dropping is a bad sign, she said it never did with VM, but even worse is the support which is only a free call if you have Vodafone mobile.

steves2 wrote:
    We already did that but thanks. The fact that the wired network was dropping is a bad sign, she said it never did with VM, but even worse is the support which is only a free call if you have Vodafone mobile.

I was having slow speed issue last week and they sorted it put by sending an engineer next day..I have found their support to be excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I cancelled and went on rolling 30 day contract . Siro is due to be live next month at my address at which point I will cancel virging again.cant wait to get rid of them

i think siro should went independtely to be honest, the way its being leased to any company creates mess, some engineers have low skills, others need to get extra taining as its farily new thing.

if they kept it in house having proper support and engineer teams think they would make bigger influence then say contracint to companies just to use their lines. A healthy competition brings progress but if plan is to roll cables and sell them to highest bidders i can see issue arising. then again given cost maybe its the only way they can even proceed with fiber in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

scamalert wrote: »
    i think siro should went independtely to be honest, the way its being leased to any company creates mess, some engineers have low skills, others need to get extra taining as its farily new thing.

if they kept it in house having proper support and engineer teams think they would make bigger influence then say contracint to companies just to use their lines. A healthy competition brings progress but if plan is to roll cables and sell them to highest bidders i can see issue arising. then again given cost maybe its the only way they can even proceed with fiber in this country.

Siro is a joint venture by Vodafone and ESB. They were forced to open it up to competition by the regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

Called up just there and got my 6 months half price handy enough. Just walked him through the yearly price of both Eir and Sky and asked him to match it as close as he could. Fair play to him he got it almost the same.

geordi wrote: »
    Called up just there and got my 6 months half price handy enough. Just walked him through the yearly price of both Eir and Sky and asked him to match it as close as he could. Fair play to him he got it almost the same.
    from every year experience i think if you get someone in Limerick, its usually few mins of turning down some 15e offer and then they return with 6mo.
    That said 9 mo half price takes lots of haggle, but think as someone said previously they run stats how many customers they lose how many willing to accept low bids etc and draw line what they can offer, thou with likes of siro rolling wider, cant see them keeping up, as seen someone posted to be happy to get 6mo deal that works out over 900+ a year, granted tv service they use but still in my eyes its not even close to decent pricing.

Clocked 300GB gb on vodafone in last 11 days and it's been seamless...one niggle of low speed in evening but fair play to voda to sort it out ..

I was having slow speed issue last week and they sorted it put by sending an engineer next day..I have found their support to be excellent

They said it was the router, checked it while I was on the phone to them. Sending one out to get it tomorrow hopefully, he could see that the network dropped a few times today. Their hardware mightn't be the best. But if it's working after the new one arrives then ill be happy.

steves2 wrote:
    They said it was the router, checked it while I was on the phone to them. Sending one out to get it tomorrow hopefully, he could see that the network dropped a few times today. Their hardware mightn't be the best. But if it's working after the new one arrives then ill be happy.

The gigabox (black) is as good as virgin hub..which one do u have ?

The gigabox (black) is as good as virgin hub..which one do u have ?

Yeh it's the Gigabox we have from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Quite impressed with the Vodafone app. Not getting anywhere near 1gb though. More like 300mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi anyone know if the deal Vodafone have on their website 25 for 6 months and then 65, is the gigabox thanks

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi anyone know if the deal Vodafone have on their website 25 for 6 months and then 65, is the gigabox thanks

Yes....Even the 25 for 6 and then 40 is Gigabox !

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

I didn’t see the 25 then 40 deal is that on their website , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

This is my first one of these price increases with Virgin so I've never gotten any sort of offer before. Currently paying 54e a month and with the price increase will be 57.50 which is steep enough to be fair.

What sort of a deal could I get? What will I say when I ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Due to be disconnected on Dec 1st. Called again today and got a €15 off for 9 months offer. Couldn't get half price. Currently on 240 package + home phone at a cost of €59 which will rise to €62.50 in January. New price will be €47 then €62 for the remaining 3 months.

Asked about the 360 deal - €52 for 9 months then €67 for 3.

Don't know whether to go for the 360 speed or not. Thinking of buying my mother a smart tv. We live next door to each other and she can piggyback off my wifi. If I go for the faster speed it might be better for the new TV?

Don't know what to do :confused:. Virgin are the fastest in my area unfortunately so have no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

I called today : I have 3 tv points, movies and sports, 240 meg Broadband and home phone too ! Actual price for all this is €165 a month (which I never paid over the last 12 month). My wife is from the UK so the use of the home phone saves us alot on our mobiles.

New deal I got is €113 for the next 12 months with all of the above again plus my broadband increased to 250 meg.

Happy enough as I got a few 9 months / 6 months deals the last few years. I did have to get the attendant to go to his manager twice though before we settled on €113.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Had a very frustrating call today. I pay for 240mb broadband plus TV plus home phone. Last year got this for 47 for 9 months and 94 for 3. Best they were offering me this time was 79 for 9 months so I told him to cancel my account. In fact at one stage he thought canceling the price increase would keep me happy. He no longer thinks that! Thing is I'm currently getting 49-84mb over WiFi so moving to Vodafone 100mb would actually be an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

I was on the Black Friday deal from last year (TV+Broadband+Free TV for €59pm).
    I am dropping the TV and going Free-to-air.

Best I could get was half price broadband for 6 months (Full price = €59pm)
    They would have given the TV+Broadband deal half price for 9 months but they were upping full price to €79pm so pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

got offered 2 different 9 months deals but moving down to 240mb to save extra cash.

Had vodafone lined up but issues with running cable put me off for another year

• Advertisement

noble00 wrote:
    I didn’t see the 25 then 40 deal is that on their website , thanks

It's just broadband uptown 100Mbps

Advertisement