Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Healy Raes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Graces7 wrote: »
    When I left Kerry, I started the long drive at midnight. Hate city driving and Limerick and Galway ahead..

Stopped off the the pub , just after midnight, weekday, to give the keys etc in as they also have the Post office..

The place was packed and so was the car park .. the fumes kind of hit you..

Very interesting story except there is no car park, the pub is on the side of the main road.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Very interesting story except there is no car park, the pub is on the side of the main road.

Probably another pub Grace is talking about.

Mike said last night in an interview that he wouldn't rule out running for President some time in the future.

What a great ambassador he would make for Ireland, it would be great if he was the first president of a 32 county Ireland.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Probably another pub Grace is talking about.

Thanks..

I did not specify which pub; same applies to all of them and the one i referred to which was not in Healyville had cars parked front, side, back :eek:, Focus on the real point please RG ...that pubs have large number of cars so some drivers drinking? Thank you

Mike said last night in an interview that he wouldn't rule out running for President some time in the future.

What a great ambassador he would make for Ireland, it would be great if he was the first president of a 32 county Ireland.

:eek: Just choked on my banana.. :p

• Advertisement

Thanks..

I did not specify which pub; same applies to all of them and the one i referred to which was not in Healyville had cars parked front, side, back :eek:, Focus on the real point please RG ...that pubs have large number of cars so some drivers drinking? Thank you

The previous 150 posts were all about the Healy Rae's, as one would expect in a thread specifically about them.

You gave the impression that you handed back your keys in their pub and also mentioned they own a post office (which they do).

I merely pointed out the fact that the Healy Rae pub does not have a car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/residents-win-battle-to-block-healyrae-pub-plan-37534694.html

great result for the residents, just a pity that they had to go all the ways to an bord pleanala to get this sorted. questions how the planning dept in kerry Co Co missed the changes of use when they reviewed the application

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think they are meant to work for the whole country? No?

I think they're a damn sight more concerned about the state of the nation than Leo and his cronies that bend the knee to corporate interests and Merkel every damn time, even when doing so is at odds with the good of the nation.

doolox wrote: »
    The Healey Raes are TD's. representatives of what is going on in rural Ireland in remote locations to this day. Most representatives like to put it out the drink driving does not happen in rural areas and that most people driving around at 2 in the morning are cold stone sober when in fact the truth is that many people in remote rural areas are driving around with at least 2-3 pints in their system with very little chance of being caught.

A lot of virtue signalling is going on with most rural TD's who are too scared of urban opinion to speak up and admit that many of their rural constituents have a few pints and drive home on a regular basis. They now face very stiff penalties and certain disqualification for now doing so. Most remote pubs are gone by now because of the impossibility of doing business in the face of such draconian laws against any form of drink driving.

The safety people won't stop there.

There are already plans afoot to legislate against walking on the public road while drunk, at levels similar to the levels used in DUI laws.

Also laws against the use of bicycles while drunk can mean you can lose your driving licence while using a bicycle under the influence if you are foolish enough to produce your licence as ID, use something else to establish ID.

Once the safety people get started they will not stop until a curfew is practically imposed on all entertainment taking place outside a persons house.
    lacking public transport or taxis many rural areas will become no go zones with people prohibited from walking, cycling or driving home.

For whatever ulterior reason the Healey Raes are at least honestly representing the concerns of at least some of their voting supporters something many TD's from other rural areas of the country are silent about for fear of arising the ire of the safety lobby.

I wonder will the Irish State have to revisit this issue in the future when a flood of licences are taken off people and jobs lost in the very same rural areas from lack of alternative transport to the private car? Opting for immediate disqualification on a first offence is too strict in my opinion.

Why should jobs be lost unless drivers are drinking? Easy enough to orgainse a designated driver.. driving when drink taken kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

:eek: Just choked on my banana.. :p

Don't worry. Practice makes perfect. If Linda Lovelace could master it, then so can you. :D

• Advertisement

conorhal wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    I think they are meant to work for the whole country? No?

I think they're a damn sight more concerned about the state of the nation than Leo and his cronies that bend the knee to corporate interests and Merkel every damn time, even when doing so is at odds with the good of the nation.

True as one of hhese largest landlords in the dail they need the country working for them...hopefully they won't use any pressure tactics on the residents now that the planning was refused

Will the reported assault by 2 Healy rae in papers last week impact the political ambitions of o e of them in castleisland area local election

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Bellview wrote: »
    Will the reported assault by 2 Healy rae in papers last week impact the political ambitions of o e of them in castleisland area local election
    lolnope, the Healy-Raes have a proud tradition of fixshing Kerry's roads and that's all that matters.

Bellview wrote: »
    lolnope, the Healy-Raes have a proud tradition of fixshing Kerry's roads and that's all that matters.

And a few wind farms....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

Danny got me my house. The Healy Reas help the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Dunno them that well. They're foreigners from some country called... Kerry? Think I'll stick with Leo and Paschal who are from the best city in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

This is what happens when you use Dáil facilities to print your calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 40,121 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Normally i would just assume that that is a photoshop but given who issued the calendar i have no problem believing it is real.

Danny got me my house. The Healy Reas help the people.

You mean he bumped you up the housing list so that some other poor wan had to wait longer? Yeah he does that! Tried it with me and I told him where to go etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

dok_golf wrote: »
    parish pump politicians. .

Is there a politician who doesn't want to help people in his locality? That's the reason I hate that term - there isn't a politician who wouldn't want to benefit his constituency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

You mean he bumped you up the housing list so that some other poor wan had to wait longer? Yeah he does that! Tried it with me and I told him where to go etc.

Is that not the kind of thing all local TDs do though ? Just that the Healy Raes might be more vocal about it. I live in Dublin and junk mail comes in my door constantly telling me what my local FF, FG, independent TDs are doing with regard to local buses, playgrounds, amenities, crime etc. Funny they all take credit for exactly the same things.

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Is that not the kind of thing all local TDs do though ? Just that the Healy Raes might be more vocal about it. I live in Dublin and junk mail comes in my door constantly telling me what my local FF, FG, independent TDs are doing with regard to local buses, playgrounds, amenities, crime etc. Funny they all take credit for exactly the same things.

One election one family got six houses between them; 6 votes bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dunno them that well. They're foreigners from some country called... Kerry? Think I'll stick with Leo and Paschal who are from the best city in the world.

Never left Dumpland have you?

More fantasy land rubbish.

But again is that not the system we have. What are all the people who turn up at politicians clinics going in about. I bet it's all personal to them or local stuff.

But again is that not the system we have. What are all the people who turn up at politicians clinics going in about. I bet it's all personal to them or local stuff.

No, it's not the system we have.

Imagine the conversation, "Hello, I'm looking for your vote"

"There's six votes here for ya if you can get us all a house each before the election".

............?

No, it's not the system we have.

Imagine the conversation, "Hello, I'm looking for your vote"

"There's six votes here for ya if you can get us all a house each before the election".

............?

Well that was an extreme example of Graces but people vote for politicians based on how they, (they = other politicians same as the Healy Raes) work for the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Did you not state in another thread that you were living in Clare or somewhere? (apologies if I've the wrong poster) - why would the Healy-Raes offer to get a house for someone from a different constituency?

Well that was an extreme example of Graces but people vote for politicians based on how they, (they = other politicians same as the Healy Raes) work for the community.

In between "Graces" and "but" should be "imagination".

There is no doubt that the Healy Rae's are elected for the local work they do.

• Advertisement

Gravelly wrote: »
    Did you not state in another thread that you were living in Clare or somewhere? (apologies if I've the wrong poster) - why would the Healy-Raes offer to get a house for someone from a different constituency?

I left Kerry a while ago. Was there at that election time and the house gifting antics were very well known. MHR actually offered me a house for my vote. Was well known for it.

Advertisement