Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Knex. wrote: »
    Once this is all done and dusted, are we having a Gentleman's Club Beers where everyone turns up wearing Creed Aventus? :D

I'll be wearing amouage.

Have none of yee learned anything from the Tommy boy rage, or the Paco rage? Everyone with the same scent just smells boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'll be wearing amouage.

Have none of yee learned anything from the Tommy boy rage, or the Paco rage? Everyone with the same scent just smells boring.

Ha, I remember every lad in the country wearing joop in the early 00s. What were we thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'll be wearing amouage.

I wasn't exactly being serious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll admit, I've never been one for aftrshave but want to change that. And this sounds like a great way, so please keep me in mind for future splits.
    Followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭tritium

Will be following this for future. Super idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

OK, with the exception of Aventus split #3 (I've already told buyers re bottle company leaving me short empty bottles), all splits are now done! And so begins the process of packing etc! This will take a number of days. My aim is to get as many as possible to the courier on Monday but I do not expect to get them all done by then. I'm then away for a couple of days and will try to get the rest out Thursday, although that could potentially slip to the following week if I don't make it as I don't want the packages sitting in the depot for the weekend.

For Dublin heads: I'll be in Dublin a couple of times over the next two weeks and can bring stuff for collection on the 16th and 23rd May (shipping fees refunded obviously).

New splits: I'll be sticking up a new list of splits next week - there's some goodies in there! Provisionally looking at Monday but that could well slip as I'm very busy at work ATM. Will give at least 24hrs notice on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Hi Padraig,

I've be interested in another split if you could get Creed Green Irish Tweed on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭OldRio

ike wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,

I've be interested in another split if you could get Creed Green Irish Tweed on the list

I can highly recommend the Green Irish Tweed.
    I've had more women comment on it than any other scent. And I'm an old git.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

ike wrote: »
    Creed Green Irish Tweed

+1 for this as well!

I would definitely be interested in GIT if that could be possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

+1

All packages for shipping are now sealed, locked in the boot of may car, and booked with the courier! Aim is to have them to the depot tomorrow evening but I could miss that due to work.

New splits: I'm just not going to get the time tomorrow to prepare the post (that takes a surprisingly long time!) and curate the responses so will hold off for a few days - probably Thursday. I am going to give in to popular opinion though and include Green Irish Tweed despite originally not planning to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Many thanks Padraig - serious job of work involved - much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Thanks for all the hard work your putting into organising this. I can't imagine it's easy. You clearly have a very understanding family.

I'm looking forward to participating in future splits. Particularly GIT and the TF TV.

Thanks for all the hard work your putting into organising this. I can't imagine it's easy. You clearly have a very understanding family.

I'm looking forward to participating in future splits. Particularly GIT and the TF TV.

LOL - it gets done when they're gone to bed! GIT this week. TV soon - waiting for someone to confirm travel dates that can pick it up for me.

I don't want to be seen as jumping the gun but how would I get on the list for GIT?

I don't want to be seen as jumping the gun but how would I get on the list for GIT?

Post here when I update the thread with new splits - provisionally Thursday. Will give a day's notice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone who isn't familiar with these fragrances, any recommendations? I assume all are good or you wouldn't be using them

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As someone who isn't familiar with these fragrances, any recommendations? I assume all are good or you wouldn't be using them

I'm hoping to get Creed Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. They're two that I've wanted for a long time, but could never really justify it before now with Padraig Mor doing these splits.

They're two that I will immediately notice people wearing even if they walk past me on the street, tbh.

The rest I wouldn't be too familiar with.

Creed Aventus and Green Irish Tweed are beautiful scents. I am just coming to the end of my bottle of Aventus but I couldn't justify spending ?229 on another bottle in BT. I will happily go in on the split for GIT, it would be madness to pay full price when someone like this man is offering a split for a fraction of the cost. If you are unsure of how they smell then take a wander into BT and have a whiff of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Collected my Aventus today in Cork. Thanks Padraig.

Yip, it's all good! Texts from two 'Aventus virgins' I dropped some to over the weekend: ""****ing love the Creed!", "That Creed stuff is unreal" - it's certainly the most popular out there! For me, my top ones are:

Best overall: Creed Spice and Wood ($$$).
    Best 'any situation': Terre d'Hermes.
    Best 'freshie' / citrus: Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil.
    Most 'regal': Amouage Jubilation XXV.
    Biggest recent surprise: Atelier Cologne Poivre Electrique - superb. I'll be splitting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Interested in getting on the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Here's a rundown on the different Creed fragrances,

Everything - except Aventus #3 and splits being shipped with it, plus any being collected - is now with the courier and should be delivered tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

just got a delivery in work!! what could it be? tune in at lunch time to find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Mine arrived a while ago, that Amouage is top class.

Mine arrived a while ago, that Amouage is top class.

I think it takes a while to get used to it, but it is VERY good.

**New splits Thursday folks - hopefully around lunchtime**

If you're a Creed fan you'll want some of this action! Some other goodies too.....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Which bottle is which?

Also, if I buy any more nice smelly stuff, my woman will think I'm playing around.

Advertisement