Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

• 23-04-2011 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Are you?

I'm asking this question with gender options as I've encountered so many people gender stereotype this, as in "All woman are interested in the royal wedding, no women will be in town friday morning" and "No men are interested in it, only men will be on the streets friday morning". I don't like gender stereotypes myself so I'm curious as to how people here feel. I'm talking about interested from a style and fashion perspective, not a political one.

Personally I think Kate Middleton is beautifl and William is a good looking man too, but there's thousands of others who look just as well.

I'm trying to insert a poll on this so I'd appreciate help from moderators in doing so, I'm fairly technology illiterate! No back space on my computer, help please mods!.

Danke schön!:)
    F

...10 mins later, thanks Dudara!

Are you interested in the Royal Wedding? 247 votes

Yes and I'm female
    0% 0 votes
    No and I'm female
    44% 111 votes
    Yes and I'm male
    25% 64 votes
    No and I'm male
    9% 24 votes
    Yes and I'm intersexed
    19% 48 votes
    No and I'm intersexed
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

no and i'm a woman. The insane amount of media coverage it's been getting is extremely annoying too.

(although I do want to see her dress :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread now updated with poll.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

From a fashion point of view im very interested particularly the dress

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm not interested in the wedding itself but I am interested in the style. I'd imagine that it will be quite subdued but it will be interesting to see if anyone does anything a bit different.

I also want to see her dress. I chose my own last week so I'm all about wedding dresses right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Nope not interested in it at all but curious about the dress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Really don't care about any part of it, only that the tv programming will probably be interrupted :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Yeah it's about time Prince Albert got hitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm interested merely because i am in the UK at the moment and its a novelty to me, I'm going to a Royal Wedding party at my friends house on the Friday for the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

I'm interested simply because my BF is from London and when I visit it's all I hear about . It happens that his b/day is next Friday too so i guess it will be mixed celebration . I just want to see her dress really ....but i'll be flying at 2pm so hopefully it will be shown the airport tvs !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I'd imagine William will be in his SD 1's so nothing too interesting there. No interest in the dress or the female fashion so I'll have a quick gander at the suits on display by the various male guests and that will be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

No interest in the wedding itself, but am interested in the dress, it's like the Oscars - boring event, fancy clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I am much more interested in the wedding plans of people I know. The cult of personality bypassed me completely.

So Bobblehead, did ya pick out a dress? Is yer man wearing a towel around his head? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I just want to see Kate's dress.

Not really into weddings/wedding plans of celebrities or people I know, weddings usually bore me to be honest.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OldGoat wrote: »
    So Bobblehead, did ya pick out a dress? Is yer man wearing a towel around his head? :)

What better way to always know where your towel is than to keep it on your head. :p

I'm looking forward to seeing what Victoria Beckham is wearing. I love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I'm want to see the dress, hair and make-up. I'd watch it like I watch Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, Four Weddings or anything like that.
    Infact, there's a drinking game based on it that looks like fun, so if any pub shows it I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Yes it's going to be one of the most iconic weddings of our time. From a f&a perspective the fashion will be emulated by brides all over the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

My sisters getting married in August so il be watching it to check out the style. Word on the street is there will be hardly any hats and it will be all fascinators.

I hate those fascinators, they look so cheap,like a hairbad with flowers stuck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

It's just a wedding so no I don't care, really don't see the big deal at all. I'm actually kind of glad I have an exam that day :D
    My mother on the other hand is obsessed with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm not interested at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

No interest in the wedding. Female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yes and I cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just found this, absolute madness in my opinion, starving yourself just to attend a Royal wedding, it surprises me how low people will go just to get what they want.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20110422/tod-fasting-mexican-gets-her-wish-to-see-6058bda.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Just found this, absolute madness in my opinion, starving yourself just to attend a Royal wedding, it surprises me how low people will go just to get what they want.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20110422/tod-fasting-mexican-gets-her-wish-to-see-6058bda.html
    These events always bring out publicity seekers and attention seeking people in general, Anything to get yourself written about. It shouldn't be a reflection on the big day. There are some strange so called fans hence security being so vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sibylla wrote: »
    Yes it's going to be one of the most iconic weddings of our time. From a f&a perspective the fashion will be emulated by brides all over the world.
    Lol thinking back on all those Diana knockoffs

I hope Kate's dress is a bit nicer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Female and I'm looking forward to it! I'm working but I'm planning on watching it on my phone via Sky News. I might even bring in a netbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Female and really interested in it I have to admit! Just dying to see what the dress is like and the style in general. Not that often that someone really beautiful has married into the royal family. I probably won't get to see it live but will record it, I've noticed though from female friends and colleagues that the majority seem to have mentioned it in some form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm female and interested just in the dress and the guests' style, I think Kate Middleton is certifiably insane to be marrying into that life, no amount of love or money would make me do it, but I'll happily look at her pretty dress on the day! Would prefer if she hadn't gone so skinny for it because I would have preferred to see a dress fitted to the curves of a proper womanly figure, which she had, but now she is just so thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Female and very, very interested. As a kid I just loved reading my gran's copies of HELLO! and other such mags that gave pages and pages to royalty. I guess my interest and dare I say fascination stems from her. I am coming up against a lot of slagging in work (some not so nice may I add) and from friends because I will be sitting watching it on friday with enthusiasm.

My mum is the same..last week when she came to London we had great craic checking out the palace, the 'prospective route', the Abbey and seeing all the tack that was on sale..so many people, film crews already in place! It is a little bit of madness we can enjoy in the course of everyday boring life.

I am keen to see the dress of course, and have always been a fan of William and Harry, and in all honestly, the whole thing is exciting to me. Might make me look sad to many, many others, but I have the day off and I will be glued to the box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Female and don't care but wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for the dress

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

I love Royal Weddings, even though I am male. The British excell at pomp and ceremony and they have a wonderful sense of history and tradition. It will be a glittering occasion and not to be missed - I just can't wait!

Advertisement