Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12 Week Blow Dry

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I tried those Keratase tabs for three month and they really did not make any difference. And they are very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jackira

mood wrote: »
    Ok, there is no way I would get it done at those prices but I am wondering (in case I will the lotto on Sat night) does it effect your skin? I get breakout easily (on face and neck) so would be concerned. like I'm sure many others would.

I would get a small test done first to see if it will effect you? Depending on what product is used you might have a reaction. A friend of mine breaks out to pretty much everything, i did a test on her and it did irrate her a bit ( the only person who it has done this to ) it was mild but still a reaction. She went ahead and got it done anyway, she's done had it done a 2nd time and this time there was no reaction. You'd need to find out what products the salons is using. I dont use the free version, i've found the results arnt the best and dont last as long, ( which is why some people are saying it's not worth the money for the time they get out of it ) i use the 2% version. Some salons are claiming to use chemical free like Dylan bradshaw but i dont know how true this is and i dont know which product they use, like said on a earlier post they may be formaldehyde free but their not chemical free, to get the best results i still say you need to use the product that has formaldehyde in it. If you do get reaction easily then a totaly chemical free would be best for you, but i'll bet anything you wont get anywhere near the 12 weeks out of it.

For me i'm still loving the product, and i've just had my 2nd treatment done, I dont really have curly hair and it's not really unmanageable cause i can blow dry it myself but with this product it just cuts down the time that it takes to do it. I did my 2nd treatment after about 8 weeks, i didn't really need to do it again i could of waited but i wantd to see how it worked the 2nd time. For me it's not made my hair look greasy or less shiny it actually "looks" better, but i will say i haven't noticed a different in the overall condition of my hair, i have bleached hair but i very rarely use straightners so it's not in really bad condition anyway but it could be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

How are people getting on with their 12 week blow dry? I haven't taken the plunge yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

I'm taking the plunge next week :D The salon I go to are bringing it in from next week onwards, haven't got a definite time\day yet but will post back with results once I have the treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Ya mine is great. Will go for my third treatment next month. Can't remember what life was like without it. Saves me a few hours a week. I haven't used my GHD in months so my hair is in much better condition. Can get it done for 150 euros in Sligo so not bad at all for 3 months free of hassle. Hair not limp or greasy either in my case. Only good things to say about it. But no way should you be paying 250 for the same treatment. Too high a mark up!! Shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Have to thank everyone here for the advice on the 12 week blowdry!!!
    Had it done this week and OMG the results are amazing - I paid €200 and it is definitely money well spent (Dublin north city centre) . I was hesitating about the price but then figured sure girls pay 150 to get full head of highlights and a cut so that was my comfort factor :p Hair is just so smooth and shiny and straight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 What_to_Do?

Have booked an appointment for two weeks time in Dylan Bradshaw, but after reading all the conflicting posts here, am not so sure whether or not to go ahead and do it...

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

i got it done and it was great. went on holiday for a month and I didnt even bring my hairdryer. My boyfriend said my carbon foot print has reduced dramatically.

It is very expensive, so i have bought the product myself.

carasbars wrote: »
    I'm taking the plunge next week :D The salon I go to are bringing it in from next week onwards, haven't got a definite time\day yet but will post back with results once I have the treatment.

Just an update on this - got the treatment and I looooove it.
    I was very nervous prior to getting it done for some reason ( I'm a bit of a nerve bag at the best of times) but I have to say, so far so good, my hair feels and looks fantastic.

The girls in Khaki were very patient and re-assuring, they explained how it works and how to make sure I am looking after my hair over the next few weeks. It took me about 3 hours in the salon, my hair is quite long and thick and USED to be prone to frizz attacks ;).

I'm dying to give it a real test this weekend when I head out for the night but for now I'm delighted with the results and it it gets a big thumbs up from me :D

Test taken and passed with flying colours! I can't believe I went so long without getting this done, I was in the office this morning before 8:30 for the first time in yonks ( ok - probably more to do with the fact that half the country is on strike), I just had to dry my hair off this morning and its sitting perfectly on my head, no messing around with the GHD or anything.

Well worth 200 quid in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 lisamp

Has anyone had this done and can recommend it?
    Want to get it done before Xmas coz going away for New Year.
    I thought Dylan Bradshaw's would be the best place to get it done and emailed them through their website for a price but they just booked me in for an appointment and told me to ring with my card details, still havent gotten a price from them, even though I've asked at least 3 times for one. Apparently you also have to buy the shampoo and conditioner on top of the treatment which is nearly €50!
    Can anyone recommend a different salon in Dublin (City Centre) that this treatment for under or around €200.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

this salon are doing it - the price depends on how long your hair is I think. I read on another forum that price in dylan brawdshaw starts at €250....
    Its worth the money if your hair is hard to manage...I've been checking around and prices everywhere seem to be above €150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Are there any salons in Dublin doing it for under €200?

Seems a tad overpriced. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 phoenixrun

How is everyone finding their hair now that they've gotten the treatment done? I'm taking the plunge at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CiaraODonnell

Did anybody get the 12 week blowdry done in Galway? I hear Barry's one is good but I'm hoping it actually lasts 12 weeks and if it doesn't that they give you your money back :)

My hair is actually damaged at the front, it's very frizzy and dead if I do not straighten it with irons..

Can anyone tell me if the 12 week Blow Dry will fix this temporarily so I won'y have to straighten my hair?

Thanks

phoenixrun wrote: »
    How is everyone finding their hair now that they've gotten the treatment done? I'm taking the plunge at the weekend!

I'm loving mine...so happy I had it done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭satcie101

I'm really pissed off at this thread. I wanted to get this done and there are so many users with low posts obviously trying to plug their salon. How many times has that women signed up from that salon in Mayo and posted under different user names. How is anyone meant to know where is a genuine salon that wont wreck you hair. Lock this tread and start a new one and don't let anymore of these as%H&!es on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you suspect someone of being a shill or spamming the thread then report it rather then just assume it will be controlled. If you don't report threads then the mods may not catch it. The means to keep threads tidy is in the hands of the posters.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement