Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Your secret is safe with us ;) Fabulous bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

oh wow - its gorgeous and you'll have it forever!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I ordered a couple of things from Zara in their sale section.

This was reduced to €5.99
    1509100105_1_1_1.jpg?ts=1579081470427

This was reduced to €7.99. Its not the colour I ordered, mine is a green colour. It seems to be sold out now.
    1198155803_1_1_1.jpg?ts=1579795977480

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Bally Heline low heel shoes (purchased at a bargain price, win!)

10955367_4578058_322.jpg

These will be handy for work - I’ll most likely wear them with cigarette trousers.

(Their profile reminds me of Salvatore Ferragamo Vara shoes, which I love as they’re so iconic and cute :) )

Hush Puppies Bailey loafers, leopard
    HUSBaileySlipLeopard_1024x1024.jpg?v=1561994123

These go quite nicely with jeans, particularly coloured variations like coral.

Picked up this black shacket on Asos, doesn't look much but it's really nice on. I sized down, it looked quite baggy on the model.

13537764-3?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-cotton-pocket-shacket-in-black/prd/13537764

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Nasty Gal had a good sale on the other day and I had an additional student discount code. The following are out for delivery and on there way to me. I'm twitching every time I hear a van outside . I've been after two tone jeans for months so fingers crossed.

agg64276_khaki_xl?$product_image_order_history$&fmt=webp
    agg55880_khaki_xl?$product_image_order_history$&fmt=webp
    agg54813_light%20blue_xl?$product_image_order_history$&fmt=webp
    agg52417_black_xl?$product_image_order_history$&fmt=webp
    agg51566_black_xl?$product_image_order_history$&fmt=webp
    agg50141_white_xl?$product_image_order_history$&fmt=webp
    agg50141_black_xl?$product_image_order_history$&fmt=webp

Did you get the combats from the first pic? Been after something similar so would love to know what they're like when they arrive!

SozBbz wrote: »
    Apologies for using this thread as a confessional but I've not actually admitted to any of my friends (let alone by OH) know what I bought the other day.............

Fair play, an investment piece :)
    As mentioned you'll have it forever, wonderful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Twee. wrote: »
    Did you get the combats from the first pic? Been after something similar so would love to know what they're like when they arrive!

New Look had a very similar pair to those, not sure if they are still on their website. Vero Moda had ones too.

Twee. wrote: »

Yeah I got the combats and they're nice and light.I'm a 12/14 and the combats were snug at the waist in a 14 and the 14 in the jeans were very loose but fine with a belt.

This is the link the the combats https://www.nastygal.com/ie/working-hard-high-waisted-utility-pants/AGG64276-2.html?color=135

I'm keeping everything except the combat skirt which I bought in a size 12.It was going nowhere near me and fits my niece who wears an 8 perfectly.The joys of women's clothing.

Thankfully the returns with nasty gal are free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Boden have a sale on, handy work dresses for when I eventually return to the office. Here is one of them..

E8069DBA-9B00-411C-A1D9-F690C9C883CB.png

I found these black ankle boots by Bershka in TK Maxx today, they were €9.99!!

Bershka-Ankle-Boots-Stretch-EU-36-US-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I found these black ankle boots by Bershka in TK Maxx today, they were €9.99!!

Theyre lovely, been trying to find a pair of boots like this for work, its so hard to find a nice pair with a rounded front. Maybe im looking in the wrong places but only seem to find boots that are elongated with a pointy toe. Not my style at all. Ill be in TKMaxx tomorrow and keep an eye out for these.

Theyre lovely, been trying to find a pair of boots like this for work, its so hard to find a nice pair with a rounded front. Maybe im looking in the wrong places but only seem to find boots that are elongated with a pointy toe. Not my style at all. Ill be in TKMaxx tomorrow and keep an eye out for these.

They were a very random find! I don't think they were even in the right section! I wasn't even looking for boots, but at that price I couldn't leave them behind.

Following my nasty gal purchases last week I agreed to pick up a bodysuit for my niece from them and of course I got carried away and got a few bits for myself.I've lost the run of myself....and I'm off to Kildare Village on Friday.

agg61199_blue_xl?$product_image_category_page_horizontal_filters_desktop$&fmt=webp
    A second pair of two tone jeans because the other pair are fab but a little big.These are much more snug and I'm justifying it because the denim tones are different to my last pair :p

agg55368_black_xl?$product_image_category_page_horizontal_filters_desktop$&fmt=webp
    This is closer to a maxi skirt on me but it swings fabulously.

agg51071_black_xl?$product_image_category_page_horizontal_filters_desktop$&fmt=webp
    I got a large and as a 12/14 its huge. Probably could have done with a medium.I plan on wearing it with a black belt,fishnets and doc martins. Be fun for a night in the pub if that becomes a thing again.

agg50699_black_xl?$product_image_category_page_horizontal_filters_desktop$&fmt=webp
    Super short black bike shorts because my new WFH uniform are bike shorts and an oversized T-shirt. I'm not in charge of the heating and it can get toasty.

jqg27SfJN-Lgl9TyTUMNzrWIk2N7HseDl9Dj-43utpp74jbF9tsGJSBmzmDF8WcEK3epixB3qIwVbqUtBh39ZyRbnL1lwQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://i1.adis.ws/i/boohooamplience/agg43108_red_xl

This t-shirt is lovely and vibrant.I like it tucked into jeans.It's currently sold out on the website. I've only started listening to The Doors in the last two years and I've a rule with band t-shirts that I can't buy them unless I know at least 4 songs. I don't know why but I get annoyed when people are wearing a band t-shirt and then I start a conversation about the band and the wearer looks blank. It's happened to me with Nirvana and Ramones t-shirts a few times.One girl didn't even know the Ramones were a band:rolleyes:

Oh I LOVE that Doors tshirt!!

Fleetwood Mac t-shirt
    I got a large and as a 12/14 its huge. Probably could have done with a medium.I plan on wearing it with a black belt,fishnets and doc martins. Be fun for a night in the pub if that becomes a thing again.

The Doors t-shirt
    This t-shirt is lovely and vibrant.I like it tucked into jeans.It's currently sold out on the website. I've only started listening to The Doors in the last two years and I've a rule with band t-shirts that I can't buy them unless I know at least 4 songs. I don't know why but I get annoyed when people are wearing a band t-shirt and then I start a conversation about the band and the wearer looks blank. It's happened to me with Nirvana and Ramones t-shirts a few times.One girl didn't even know the Ramones were a band:rolleyes:

I love band t-shirts :D While I like many songs from The Doors back-catalogue, I'm a major Fleetwood fan (Rumors is probably one of my favourite albums of all time!).... I must buy that t-shirt! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

The Doors in the last two years and I've a rule with band t-shirts that I can't buy them unless I know at least 4 songs. I don't know why but I get annoyed when people are wearing a band t-shirt and then I start a conversation about the band and the wearer looks blank. It's happened to me with Nirvana and Ramones t-shirts a few times.One girl didn't even know the Ramones were a band:rolleyes:

Get into "LA Woman". That's their best album.

On topic, getting myself prepared for the cold, wet winter ahead and bought this, by Protest:

s-l300.jpg

It's a ski coat so hopefully will be warm enough and waterproof enough to get me through the daily dog walking in the rain!

It looks like I can't stop spending but I swear this is my last post for a while.On a trip to kildare village today I got this Ted Baker Purse for 58.I love it. Pink,sparkly and a little bit tacky,just like me.
    ted-baker-womens-accessories-cattrin-crystal-pearl-bobble-sml-purse-mid-pink-p28438-50306_zoom.jpg

And this comfy jumper in Tog 24 for 35 euro.
    oatmeal_marl_ellerby_sweatshirt.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&fmt=webp&qlt=60

I got this chiffon pleated midi skirt in Penney's today. I love it. Its lovely quality and has a slip underneath so not see through. It will be lovely with boots and jumpers in the winter! I can't find any image on Penney's website, they don't seem to update it anymore and haven't much on it. I have used the image from 'Style in the City' facebook page.

118764384_1398467717022411_2134732735075981813_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-s7YE_9FF2cAX8ty5xT&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4980aa02ad4596d96811ad47242f52bf&oe=5F77E956

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I've been fairly good the last few weeks especially since its now too late to buy summer stock and the A/W stuff is still making its way to the shops but this is probably the start of my winter purchases.

Zara;

https://www.zara.com/ie/en/camisole-dress-p00003342.html?v1=64298779

I love dresses like this with sweaters/jumpers and either trainers or boots

I've also bought these boots in 2 sizes, so at least one will be returned, but hopefully one of the sizes will work for me and the style will suit.

https://www.zara.com/ie/en/lace-up-flat-leather-ankle-boots-p12106610.html?v1=53077503

& Other Stories

https://www.stories.com/en_eur/clothing/knitwear/sweaters/product.alpaca-blend-ruffled-cable-knit-sweater-purple.0929105001.html

https://www.stories.com/en_eur/clothing/knitwear/cardigans/product.wrap-cardigan-beige.0657572013.html

Bought these two jumpers on the back of having been really pleased with the quality of dresses that I got from &Other Stories earlier in the summer. Trying to buy nice quality pieces that will last. I love comfy jumpers in winter and especially with so much WFH this year. I will be spending €0 on high heals this year!

A pair of boots I'd been watching on Asos just sold out with the discount code today :( Picked up these similar ones instead, hope they're not too round on the toe! https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-authentic-premium-leather-western-boots-with-harness/prd/14828696?colourwayid=16647319&SearchQuery=western%20boots

14828696-1-black?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

Purchased a few bits and pieces over the last few weeks gearing up for a/w (I can't explain why everything I bought is primarily black! :o )

New Look Coat
    912flJTRubL._AC_UL320_SR246,320_.jpg

Rockport Ankle boots These are arriving today - hope they're nice irl :)
    rockport-Black-Womens-Total-Motion-Ariahnna-Strap-Boot-Size-5-Best-Footwear-Technology-Black.jpeg

Adidas track jacket
    SST_Track_Top_Black_FM3288_21_model.jpg

Coach bag
    7bc74e1b45d84e418a62e38f88b72f9d.jpg?imwidth=1800

I ordered these Superdry trainers from ASOS, reduced to €33.73 from €55

13873104-1-optic
    https://www.asos.com/superdry/superdry-skater-trainer/prd/13873104?ctaRef=my%20orders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Had a crummy week with everything so up in the air so decided to take the plunge and bought my wedding shoes :)

526593.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

September is one of those great months when nice stuff lands in the shop. This jacket/cardigan was on my list for a year. It's great quality

dynamic.chain]

Uniqlo U have in my opinion some of the best quality/price basics. I have this on order. It doesn't look very exciting but those are very solid and well made building blocks to add more exciting stuff to. The only problem is that their sizing is all over the place and I more hope than know that their stuff will fit me. I suspect their 27 jeans size is more like 29, their dresses and coats are are oversized. I'm normally size 10 and I could probably go for XS in dresses, some knitwear fits me in S and some in M.

goods_09_432730.jpg?width=734
    goods_69_430967.jpg?width=734
    goods_08_431420.jpg?width=734
    goods_00_430872.jpg?width=734

Had a crummy week with everything so up in the air so decided to take the plunge and bought my wedding shoes :)

How exciting! That must have put a spring in your step :)
    meeeeh wrote: »
    September is one of those great months when nice stuff lands in the shop. This jacket/cardigan was on my list for a year. It's great quality

Where is the jacket from? It's gorgeous. I had my eye on a similar one in navy from Whistles but it sold out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Arket. They are doing them for a few years now with slightly different material composition (this one is wool and cotton). They don't overly discount them which is annoying.

main]

I was in H&M and this bomber jacket caught my eye.I'd seen similar on asos and urban outfitters but this was only €28 so I thought it was a great bargain.
    Went up to the till and it scanned in at €6.90.Unbelievable.
    The girl at the till went to go get one to put it aside for herself then :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

From Dorothy Perkins:

DP03400513_F_1.jpg?$w1300$&fmt=webp&qlt=80

DP03494313_M_3.jpg?$w1300$&fmt=webp&qlt=80

DP56384004_M_1.jpg?$w1300$&fmt=webp&qlt=80

Advertisement