Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Overlapping dashed lines look solid

• 13-02-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

I have overlapping dashed 3D polylines which make up 3D solids of both cubes and cylinders. The dashed lines of the cubes display ok but the cylinders don't. I've attached an image to demonstrate...
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stevie_d

I don't know a universal solution to this looking at line types etc but,
    a work around is to bump the line weight properties of your cylinders separately to match
    Right Click->Properties-> LineType Scale
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭clonagh

Thanks for that. Changing the LineType Scale does help provide a dash but the dash ends up being too big and out of keeping with the rest of the drawing. I find it strange that the cubes are fine but the cylinders aren't...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stevie_d

Ok, so workaround #2

If you draw a 2d circle in 3d workspace then extrude it it seems to update fine

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭clonagh

I'll try that, thanks again.

Advertisement