Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which Player Holds The Record For The Most County Senior Medals?

• 15-10-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

See somewhere else thought it wa interesting.

Brian 'Bruno' McCormack from Portlaoise won his 15th Laois SFC medal at the weekend. Also has a hurling title as well.

Paul Hearty has 19 Armagh SFC medals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Mulbert

In Waterford, Mick Flannelly, Mount Sion won 15 Senior Hurling and 4 Senior Football county medals. Plus 3 Junior Football.

I think his brother won 5 minor titles in hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭conor05

The record holder is Ciaran Dowds from Burt in Donegal.

It was on Hoganstand.

He won his 20th SHC medal with Burt in 2018.

Burt won the Donegal SHC 39 times in their history and Ciaran was involved in 20 of those.

Serious longevity to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

Paul Hearty Crossmaglen Rangers has 19 county senior medals in addition to a host of Club and provincial titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Some Tooreen hurlers in Mayo are probably up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

There is surely a ladies footballer in Mayo or Waterford that has in or around the 20 as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭cms88

Leighton Glynn i think have at least 20 between football and hurling. I thik i remember hearing a fella from Tooreen had something like 25 hurling titles!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

https://hoganstand.com/county/mayo/article/index/49071
    from 1991

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/31366-tooreen-legend-wins-club-stars-award

"Henry – who won the last of his 24 Mayo Senior Hurling titles in 2000 (the first coming in 1972) – is widely regarded as Mayo’s finest and most famous hurler and carved a niche in the hurling lore of this land; winning three Railway Cup medals, two National Hurling League medals, went on two All Star trips as a replacement (1979 and 1986) and also represented the Rest of Ireland in 1979 against the reigning All-Ireland champions, Kilkenny. "

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Lar and Des Foley must be close to or over 20 Dublin counties each for Vinnies between both games.

Advertisement