Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Absolutely stunning day again, not even a hint of cloud all day, doesn't get much better in this country

20180606_185739.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Absolutely stunning day again, not even a hint of cloud all day, doesn't get much better in this country
    except during the blizzard in march .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Just back from a spin on the bike, what an evening, just glorious

Perfect cycling conditions for me. Not too hot and a slight breeze.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Another peach of a day in Waterford with long sunny spells. Max Temp 21.3c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Absolutely beautiful weather we are having lately,really puts everyone in great form,long may it continue,well looks like til the middle of next week anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Absolutely beautiful weather we are having lately,really puts everyone in great form,long may it continue,well looks like til the middle of next week anyway

Yes supposed to break down next week but did I read somewhere here its to get warm again after that around end of June? Or is it too far away to tell? Fingers crossed. This weather for this length of time has been glorious and so good for the soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Yes supposed to break down next week but did I read somewhere here its to get warm again after that around end of June? Or is it too far away to tell? Fingers crossed. This weather for this length of time has been glorious and so good for the soul.

It’s too far away to tell but o Lordy this has been glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭appledrop

What a luxury to be able to come home from work + go to playground without it being to cold or chilly. Don't know how anyone can say seabreeze makes Dublin cold. Very little breeze out there today. Perfect temperature for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

When you look at what much of the southern half of Europe is experiencing at present with massive thunderstorms and disruption, we should thank our lucky stars for the weather most of us have been getting.

Just goes to show you that on the rare occasions with get a prolonged period of good weather, it causes utter chaos elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

15 days over 19c in the NW of Ireland in a row.

When has that happened previously?

Theres another 4 or 5 days still possible

we might get 20 days but Sunday looks 17 or 18c here in Sligo

Today was so warm that noticed nothing when I pulled down car windows. Cooler now. About 19c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

pauldry wrote: »
    15 days over 19c in the NW of Ireland in a row.

When has that happened previously?

Theres another 4 or 5 days still possible

we might get 20 days but Sunday looks 17 or 18c here in Sligo

Today was so warm that noticed nothing when I pulled down car windows. Cooler now. About 19c

For Markree Castle (since you live in Co. Sligo), July 2013 from the 15th to the 29th (15 days) and if it were not for the 13th/14th failing to reach 19c, you would have another 6 days added onto that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beer
    Music
    Garden
    Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

The weather recently has been so lovely, helps that I'm on maternity leave this summer! I just hope some of it continues..heading to Connemara for three weeks next Friday, even a few days of this and I'd be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Beer
    Music
    Garden
    Heaven

The midges are now in heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Amazing evening in Malahide: minimal sea breeze (for a change!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The midges are now in heaven

Why is that? We had a shocking dose of them was it last year or the year before the whole summer but the last few days I haven't seen that many. Hopefully they can't survive these temps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Beer
    Music
    Garden
    Heaven

Working nights trying to sleep with 25c heat, kids roaring , lawnmowers going.

Hell.

But I do enjoy eating my breakfast at 5pm in the glorious evening sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Enjoy it guys! I'm in Alicante where today we got one of the most severe thunderstorms I've ever seen.  Non stop torrential rain from 5pm until about 9pm with the angriest sky I've ever seen here on the Costa. Conversely, flying out over Kerry on Monday was also surreal, with the country bathed in sunshine. Has to be climate change!
    I'm not complaining though as it's still very warm here and we have a full two weeks more, so unless things have gone completely haywire,we'll experience the proper southern experience. 
    Do hang onto it there though till we're back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

My pet dog, normally a sun worshiper who enjoys a bit of heat, has gone funny in the head this last week in that has become moody, quiet and lethargic. He is in good health but watching him lying down in the shade out the back and still panting heavily, he clearly isn't enjoying this abnormal spell weather. Still 19.1c here and feels incredibly clammy.

New Moon

acequion wrote: »
    Enjoy it guys! I'm in Alicante where today we got one of the most severe thunderstorms I've ever seen.  Non stop torrential rain from 5pm until about 9pm with the angriest sky I've ever seen here on the Costa. Conversely, flying out over Kerry on Monday was also surreal, with the country bathed in sunshine. Has to be climate change!

Swap?

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    acequion wrote: »

Swap?
    No. It's always lovely to get right away. :)  And sunshine is default to Spain as rain is to Ireland. So nature will revert to course.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

What a glorious day that was probably the warmest one yet in the north west. It really is a different country when we get weather like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Amazing day in Cork City, really enjoyed the heat. Got to 24 degrees in my area with clear blue skies all day and a light wind only!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Absolute maximum temperatures for all Irish synoptic stations for the period May 23 to June 6 2018.

EBWJ82S.gif

25.9c is my highest so far which was recorded on the 29th. Always going to be that little bit warmer here in town than the surrounding exposed countryside and am very happy with the performance & high accuracy of my new Davis sensor (Sensiron SHT31) during this spell.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

AllForIt wrote: »
    Why is that? We had a shocking dose of them was it last year or the year before the whole summer but the last few days I haven't seen that many. Hopefully they can't survive these temps.

Oh they survive and thrive. They have all migrated to West Mayo... Cannot open the door here without getting assaulted. Praying for even a small breeze as the dog is getting cabin fever.

Thick airless fog out here on an offshore West Mayo island.even the birds sound muffled... Cool still, but that seems set to change later.

according to met.ie, not going to be much sun today? Then cloudy all week...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Graces7 wrote: »

according to met.ie, not going to be much sun today? Then cloudy all week...

I don't see that! Are you reading their text forecast, or their symbols (which have a shockingly low level of accuracy)

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I don't see that! Are you reading their text forecast, or their symbols (which have a shockingly low level of accuracy)

I am using Mayo default as locality then it gives Westport and at the bottom of that page. Cleared for sun now but the rest of the week cloudy .. they said 10 am sun but it is now at 12.30

https://www.met.ie/

Advertisement