Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ASTEC 63DV - Outdoor Alarm Box

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Why do you never answer the simple questions?
    How would HKC be in a better position to answer a question that asks what you believe.
    Ill ask again. ....
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you believe HKC had the ability to create a new interface if this chip doesn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Why do you never answer the simple questions?
    How would HKC be in a better position to answer a question that asks what you believe.
    Ill ask again. ....

I have answered the question:
    altor wrote: »
    I don't know the workings of the interface to know if it can be done with another chip.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I didn't ask anything technical about the workings of it. I am asking (for the 3rd time)
    Do you believe HKC has the ability to create a new interface if this chip doesn't work?

Its a simple yes or no. I am baffled as to why you can't answer this.:confused:

My answer is I believe they have the ability, but I also believe they won't .

For example if you were to ask me do you believe NASA can build a new rocket? Why would I need a degree in rocket science to say yes I believe they can or no I don't believe they can.
    I'm not asking you if they can or not ,I'm asking what you think?

I'm not asking you if they can or not ,I'm asking what you think?

And I am telling you for the 3rd time I dont know if they can. I dont work for them.

Now if you where to as me are HKC actively seeking a working solution for the S22 then I can tell you they are. Will it work? I dont know.

I don't know either, but I know what I believe. Don't you??:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Believing and reality are two different things ;)

Still not answering then? Why are you afraid to simply state what you believe?
    Some things never chage..;)

Me believing does not mean it will work.
    My belief is that HKC are making every effort to develop a new interface card.

Your whole argument is can HKC make the S22 or will they just say they cant.

I am telling you HKC are actively seeking a working solution for the S22.
    If you dont want to believe this is reality then that is up to you.

If this works then they will become available again.
    If it does not work then we may all say good bye to the S22.

So will it work?
    I dont know.

So will it work?
    I don't know either

Only time will tell ;)

Me believing does not mean it will work.
    Anything but answer the question, ehh?.
    I'm not asking will it work I,m asking (still)
    Do you believe HKC has the ability to create a new interface if this chip doesn't work?

The question is either yes or no.
    You either believe they can or you don't believe they can. Still baffled as to why your afraid to give your opinion on HKCs abilities. I would have though this would be an instant yes given your confidence in HKC.
    Are you losing your faith??

You either believe they can or you don't believe they can.

I dont know to be honest, but as soon as I find out if it can be done I will post it for you. As I have said HKC are actively seeking a working solution for the S22.
    I would have though this would be an instant yes given your confidence in HKC.
    Are you losing your faith??

Never, looking at the next generation of control panel I would never loose the faith. They have a very good crew in there and HKC themselves are going high places. Sure they make all there own devices for the control panels they design and manufacture. Cant say that for many company's out there :rolleyes:

I have asked about the S22 and have being told they have to develop a new board to work with a new chip. They are working on it and have not given any promises it will work. They have not said, look we are just saying it is a work in progress to let everyone down easily. They are working on it, believe it or not.

If this works then they will become available again.

• Advertisement

Never, looking at the next generation of control panel I would never loose the faith. .

But yet you can't say you believe they have the ability to create an interface for an Astec sysyem to talk to a global bell?:eek:
    I have to say I'm surprised.:confused: I would say HKC are well capable of this.
    It was, after all, designed by a company with a hell of a lot less resources at ther disposal.
    Now , I know your going to say that chip is no longer required ......etc etc etc..
    But there is over 15 years of advances in technology since then. Its really not saying much for your confidence in HKC if you don't know whether they are capable of devoloping something like this.
    After all they are capable of designing some very good alarm systems.:confused:

Trying to design something to work on an old system that they did not design is a work in progress, which they are trying to come up with a solution for.

If they cant then that will not reflect on the quality of the systems they design and manufacturer under the HKC LTD brand.

As you say, they are trying to design something to work on older technology, new board, new chip, and a new system to them that they know nothing about.

Instead of giving them time to see if they can do this, you just want to stick your belief in. Many people read these threads and from what your saying they are just letting everyone down easily. That is bull, they are working on a solution to get the S22 working again. They cant be blamed if the chip that was used in this old device to make a global sabb work with again the old Astec systems has become obsolete. All they can do is try develop a board to work with a newer chip which they are doing.

Again, if this works then they will become available.

And you still can't say you believe they are capable of it or not?
    On the contary I am complimanting HKC in saying I believe they are capable of designing an interface.
    Me sticking my belief in (as you put it) in me posting my opinion. Thats allowed. Even if your afraid to post yours (Why I don't know)
    Me saying they are letting us down gently is ,again,my belief .(again my opinion)

Anyway regarding the question you can't answer ...

Its my belief HKC would be well able to develop such a device. Any compay with their resources should be able to. I rekon you could bring it to China & find plenty of company's to make a working version no problem.
    Why you doubt this confuses me, considering how much faith you have in HKC.
    So if they can , why would they not?
    If they can't , in my opinion,its a poor reflection on the ability of such major player in the security industry here.

If they can they will, they are working on it.
    If they cant it wont be through lack of trying to come up with a solution.

Either way it wont reflect badly on them as a major player in the security industry here.

You don't think its a bad reflection on a compay the size of HKC if they can't develop a product to work on a system they now own?
    Do you not feel you are contradicting yourself here? You are on one hand saying how great they are & on the other you have doubts on their ability to create a replacement device for a basic enough purpose.
    How about a relay card? could they produce one of them for an Astec System?

They own :D

The Astec systems are no more. They are working on a solution to try get a device to work with an old system. It wont happen at a flick of a switch.

If they can they will, if they cant it wont be from lack of trying.

No I don't, it has not being proven they can or cant get a working solution for a replacement S22.

No one knows if it will work at this present time.

Still dodging the questions?
    How about a relay card? could they produce one of them for an Astec System?

I don't know the workings of the relay card to know if it can be done.
    I would ask you to direct this question to HKC.

So do you think they would be able to produce a relay card?
    Considering they have a working model already?
    Or is there no components available to make one of those?

So do you think they would be able to produce a relay card?
    Considering they have a working model already?
    Or is there no components available to make one of those?

I dont know what they can manufacture in relation to Astec products.

Do you?

• Advertisement

So you don't think they are capable of making a Relay Card either?

Well?
    I dont know what they can manufacture in relation to Astec products.

Do you?

I believe they would have the ability to make these also?
    So do you not believe they could produce a relay card either?

Why not ask HKC tomorrow and post your findings.
    They will know more than you or I.

I asked this already, along with a few other Qs?
    How would anyone in HKC be able to answer a question about what you believe.?:confused:

I am still baffled as to why you keep refusing to answer the simple questions ?

I'll try combine it into one question for you.
    Do you believe HKC would have the ability to create either a SAB interface or a relay card to work with an Astec 2 wire system?
    To clarify I'm not asking you to answer on behalf of HKC, or whether HKC Can or Can't or Will or Won't . Im simply asking do you believe they could.
    You don't need any knowledge of their working to answer, its just an opinion.

Another example maybe.
    A guy asked me recently do you know a plumber?. I do , my neighbour's a good plumber. Do you think he would be able to fix my boiler? I said yes I think he could, and he calld him & he did. Now if I said to him , well I don't know, what would he have thought? I know what I'd have thought. I'll find a better plumber!!
    To be honest if I had difficulty forming a basic opinion like this about any company I do business with I would have serious concerns.

I am telling you HKC are actively seeking a working solution for the S22.
    If you dont want to believe this is reality then that is up to you.

My opinion on if that can or not will have no relevance on them being able to do it or not. It also has no relevance on there systems that they design and manufacture under the HKC LTD brand.

Only time will tell if they can or not.

I know that , Ive heard that as well.
    Still curious as to why you can't answer a simple question of what you believe.:confused:
    Hard to break a tradition I suppose.
    For the record I believe HKC have the ability to produce both of these.
    I also believe they won't.
    Every one I know in the industry believes Astec was bought for the global sensor only.
    I would ask do you, but no doubt you wouldn't answer that either.

There are a number of ways that a Global SAB could be interfaced with a 2 wire Astec System .
    Can you think of any?

Again, my belief is that HKC are making every effort to develop a new interface card.

Are you trying to suggest they are and if they do they wont manufacture it :confused:

I would think they bought Astec for a number of reasons.

If you have a suggestion to get the S22 working again then contact HKC here.

Again I can say what I believe.
    I am not dodging the questions
    I believe they have the ability to produce a solution to connect a global SAB to an Astec 2 wire system.
    I also believe if this new chip doesnt work they will not pursue this any further.
    Do you believe they have that ability?
    Do you believe they will pursue other ways if this doesn't work.
    As an experienced engineer would you agree a solution is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 TheImp

Hi I've been reading the above thread which was posted earlier this year. My Astec alarm will not work. I had an alarm guy come take a look at it and he said there is an issue with the external bell from the fault code but if I source a s20 adapter he might be able to get it up and running. I notice from your thread that you are talking about a S22. Is it the S20 or S22 I require? Do you have an idea if this part can be sourced?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to avoid replacing the whole system

Advertisement