Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow/sleet REPORTS - 23/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Snowing in Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

It said on BBC news that there is reported snowfall in Northen Ireland.

Snowing in Arklow.
    Yes I can confirm this.
    Currently snowing here in Arklow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Pangea wrote: »
    It said on BBC news that there is reported snowfall in Northen Ireland.

Closer to home Pangea, see cars coming from Fintown direction have a good bit of snow on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Its snowing in Wicklow just out side the town :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Yes got big flakes just a little north of town :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

"They seek snow here,
    they seek snow there,
    those Boardies seek snow everywhere.
    Is it in Arklow, does anyone know?
    That damned elusive snow."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭arctictree

No snow here. Looks like a coastal affair. I can see big clouds to my east..Temp at the moment exactly 0.0c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lots of snow in central Donegal last night as mentioned above, the Fintown area seems to have gotten quite a bit

Think we had a shower or two here overnight as theres a bit of slush on top of my bin but nothing worth noting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yogidc26 wrote: »
    Its snowing in Wicklow just out side the town :D

No fair. Clear blue skies here in Goatstown, a few little wisps is all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Great fun with the little snow shower we had in Arklow earlier:D Kids were all excited going off to school;)

At the moment its a lovely sunny brisk day:) i've just been down on the beach in arklow, looking out to sea theres lovely snowy clouds hopefully they will blow inland:rolleyes:

Whats the chances of that????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Some pictures of Kippure mountain that i took from my window a few minutes ago, doesnt seem to be snow on it 2day as ther was on it this time yesterday.

Took 4 to show how far i am from it ha.
    136350.jpg
    136351.jpg
    136353.jpgd=1290682428[/IMG]
    136354.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Defo no snow on the Dublin side of Wicklow Mountains today.
    But the streamers heading south over the Irish Sea are impressive, if only the wind direction changed to E we'd be in heaven...

clouds_bay_1.jpg

clouds_bay_2.jpg

Kind Regards,
    Winger_PL

Hey Ark, did u take them with ur new camera?
    Is it good?

Found this video on youtube, only recorded yesterday.

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hey Ark, did u take them with ur new camera?
    Is it good?

[OT]
    Yup, it's perfect, although it will take some time for me to learn how to shoot great pictures. Hence, I hope for an extreme winter. BTW I think I found your gloves under the seat in the car, seems you left them after the Carmen chase?
    [/OT]

Winger_PL wrote: »
    [OT]
    Yup, it's perfect, although it will take some time for me to learn how to shoot great pictures. Hence, I hope for an extreme winter. BTW I think I found your gloves under the seat in the car, seems you left them after the Carmen chase?
    [/OT]

Ah cool, hopefully ill get my new one around christmas for the month of January .
    Ah dont worry , there only gloves, i can get them in work cheap .
    SO if it snows are ya gonna be chasing it up the mountains with snow chains on the car? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Some pictures of Kippure mountain that i took from my window a few minutes ago, doesnt seem to be snow on it 2day as ther was on it this time yesterday.

Took 4 to show how far i am from it ha.
    136350.jpg

I used to go to that school!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Snow/hail/icey mix on the roads of belfast this morning!

SO if it snows are ya gonna be chasing it up the mountains with snow chains on the car? haha

I don't have snow chains, if you can get some we can do this :cool: I wouldn't risk driving through Wicklow without them after I nearly got stuck for good near the Sally Gap last year :pac: Anyways, enough as we've strayed OT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I swear I won't be believed but there is a very very light snowy dust falling in Lucan village right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same as the stuff we had last night I'm guessing, its like a really light hail or something

We've just had sleet here today, some proper big flakes mixed in but still more rain than snow, promising for tonight though

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

yeah i was up 3 rock this morning and no snow up there :( There were some cool icicles tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Streamers at about noon stretching from direction of howth down the east coast on their way to clipping Arklow. That would be some train to be under the centre of. Blue skies the other 270 degrees. Went up to the field on Bray head and could also see that 3rock has nothing, certainly on the eastern and southern side and that Kippure has a light dusting. I'm sure by the end of the weekend the same view will yield an Alpine scene like last year.

Video starts pointing south east at Bray head and and pans back Northwards towards Dublin/Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

A few flakes of sleet here earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

csd154.jpg

This was early this morning when the snow was just beginning. A view from the bedroom.

csd155.jpg

And this one is from a few minutes ago out the backyard. Stopped snowing around an hour ago and the forecast is for more snow showers for the weekend.

I'm in Duluth, Minnesota by the way. Currently -10 here if the thermometer on the porch is accurate.

Light rain in here in Finglas N Dublin 66m ASL :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Light rain in here in Finglas N Dublin 66m ASL :(

Ah stop making me jealous. I'm from Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Rained here a while ago. It's bloody freezing though, what's that about?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just started raining here. Temp 3.7c DP 1.4c. So close but yet so far away.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Raining in Dublin city centre at the moment.
    Arctictree, cheer me up and tell me its snowing there ..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement