Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Nadine Coyne is someone I'd compare to Mumba. Remember when she was on something (the LLS?) and couldn't pronounce Nass (someone from Nass won a phone-in or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nadine Coyne is someone I'd compare to Mumba. Remember when she was on something (the LLS?) and couldn't pronounce Nass (someone from Nass won a phone-in or something).

It’s “Naas” (pronounced like mace, but with an n). Nadine however made it “Nazz”.

To be fair to her, not many Nordies would be familiar with the town or the correct pronunciation of its name.

You should check out her saying “flour” on YouTube though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did anyone see that Theresa Lowe and Frank McNamara were bankrupt?
    I mean how does anyone as an RTE lifer and a Barrister on the refugee/immigration gravey train go bankrupt?

Don't worry a kindly judge is looking after their best interests...

https://www.thejournal.ie/frank-mcnamara-theresa-lowe-case-4775610-Aug2019/
    A HIGH COURT judge has said he is minded to approve a personal insolvency arrangement for musician Frank McNamara and his wife, barrister Theresa Lowe, to assist them with debts of €3.7m, subject to clarification of certain issues.

Financial fund Tanager DAC, which is owed €2.26m by the couple, had opposed the application. That debt is secured against the couple’s family home in Dunshaughlin, Co Meath, which is valued at €550,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Don't worry a kindly judge is looking after their best interests...

https://www.thejournal.ie/frank-mcnamara-theresa-lowe-case-4775610-Aug2019/

Well thanks be to God for that. If you owe half a mill we can come to an agreement. If you owe €500 on an overdue on your bank account, well woe betide you. You will get your credit rating destroyed and your children repossessed and sold off as chimney sweep apprentices.

It’s “Naas” (pronounced like mace, but with an n). Nadine however made it “Nazz”.

To be fair to her, not many Nordies would be familiar with the town or the correct pronunciation of its name.

You should check out her saying “flour” on YouTube though....

I wonder what was the inspiration for this comedy sketch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Keelin Shanley has disappeared from the Six One News and I haven't heard on radio bulletins either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah thats true about Shanley, havent seen her since about April or May and never heard she was preggers or anything.

Probably mentioned back up the thread but former Formula 1 driver Eddie Irvine is rarely heard from. Heard a snippet somewhere yesterday about him buying some house in Miami for $12m and that was the first Id heard about him in years. Strange because he always seemed to love the limelight and Im sure chat shows would be asking him to appear given his racing car driver playboy image. He probably has 10 kids and is completely settled down now for all Ive heard about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Radio5 wrote: »
    Keelin Shanley has disappeared from the Six One News and I haven't heard on radio bulletins either.

I think she's a bit too old to get pregnant... not trying to be a jerk, but she's 51.
    Already has children, and a husband, so she's alright. Catriona Perry is on maternity leave, so I imagine RTE are in limbo as to what to do with her at the moment.

But Keelin is definitely missed from the news-she's probably one of RTE's most underrated presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

I think she's a bit too old to get pregnant... not trying to be a jerk, but she's 51.
    Already has children, and a husband, so she's alright. Catriona Perry is on maternity leave, so I imagine RTE are in limbo as to what to do with her at the moment.

But Keelin is definitely missed from the news-she's probably one of RTE's most underrated presenters.

Keelin is a very talented lady. Hopefully she’ll return soon.

Paddy Doherty seems to have dropped off the radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Rory McIlroy, former top tier golfer and professional mouth.

Won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That is quite miserable, Rory is No 2 golfer in the world ATM. Take your gripe elsewhere.

The Russian one from Fair City, what became of her?

Paddy Doherty seems to have dropped off the radar

No harm, probably organising bare knuckle fights or relieving some poor widow of her furniture. Oh just heard after he bet around some young fellas then he beat prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is calling him a bucket o' shute on Youtube and is calling him out for a rematch!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Rabble but Catriona Perry is on the way back to the Six One news sometime in November. She wrote a book about American politics and launched it last week with all the RTE newshounds at the launch party. No doubt her book wont be mentioning the time she giggled like a schoolgirl when Trump called her over to his desk in the Oval Office.

I'd say when Perry is back Sharon Tobin is going to get dropped which is a shame because she is an excellent newsreader and miles better than Perry who is out of her depth most of the time.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Rabble but Catriona Perry is on the way back to the Six One news sometime in November. She wrote a book about American politics and launched it last week with all the RTE newshounds at the launch party. No doubt her book wont be mentioning the time she giggled like a schoolgirl when Trump called her over to his desk in the Oval Office.

I'd say when Perry is back Sharon Tobin is going to get dropped which is a shame because she is an excellent newsreader and miles better than Perry who is out of her depth most of the time.

Well this is horrible news... :(:(:(

Jesus... I imagine her book will portray her as the victim of trump's 'harassment'. A 'metoo' moment that will shatter the glass ceiling of political reporting... exposing the tragedy of being a woman.just doing her job, violated by Donnie's perverse words...how powerless she felt in that moment. How much she empathises with Louise O'Neill's play 'Asking for It'...because 'it almost happened to her'...

Or at least it will be with how it's portrayed. I imagine Una Mullaly will be there to help promote the victimhood... I mean book.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The book is already out and none of that has happened.

Not everything I say is serious.

Sometimes it's a sarcastic comment on the media, notably RTE.

Same way the narrative around Joker was completely false to how events actually played out.

darkdubh wrote: »
    What was that RTE music show from the late 90's? Wasn't on very long, circa 97-98. I thought the female presenter might have been Gerri Maye but no mention in her Wiki page. The male presenter had a shaved head and goatee. I vaguely remember the female presenter got some stick for saying that Richard Ashcroft was "hitting" a woman in the video for the Verve's Bittersweet Symphony.
    darkdubh wrote: »

Pearse Lehane was the male presenter. He's been a producer and director in the UK since the 00's

078_82cf5878f6e3b6a9c01d84fcc80f9e7b257d44e3.jpg

There was a third presenter, Róisín Saxe. Shes running a voiceover agency, also in UK.

075_d15fc67b27de6216d5d1597c0aa3faeabeaa04be.jpg

Remember an RTE quiz show called its Not The Answer? Circa 1999/2000. It was presented by a David McWilliams lookalike called Brian Smyth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Russian one from Fair City, what became of her?

Does she not appear in the Sindo Life magazine anymore?

Remember an RTE quiz show called its Not The Answer? Circa 1999/2000. It was presented by a David McWilliams lookalike called Brian Smyth.

Found his twitter-I think he's doing music.

Husband's loaded, owns his own 3d medical printing company.

Juliet Turner, singer/songwriter who was big-ish for a while in the early 00's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think she trained as a psychologist.

She was at Barry Egans super duper annual Christmas party for the Z list last week and he wrote about it in the Sindo Life, I got a little sick in my mouth reading it and how he managed to get warring Twink and Rory Cowan into the same room :rolleyes:

Muahahaha wrote: »
    She was at Barry Egans super duper annual Christmas party for the Z list last week and he wrote about it in the Sindo Life, I got a little sick in my mouth reading it and how he managed to get warring Twink and Rory Cowan into the same room :rolleyes:

So what if he could I could get two travellers into a field for a fight, no big achievement.*

*(Apologies to the traveller community, in no way did I want to compare you to that complete knack bag, Twink. )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Be right back

Isn't Barry just great? Great achievement there, well done him!

Isn't Barry just great? Great achievement there, well done him!

Clearly this needs the acknowledgement of a Nobel peace prize? He is up there with Ian Paisley, Nelson Mandela, Martin McGuinness and Barack Obama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Be right back

Clearly this needs the acknowledgement of a Nobel peace prize? He is up there with Ian Paisley, Nelson Mandela, Martin McGuinness and Barack Obama

Most definitely!

Advertisement