Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ASTEC 63DV - Outdoor Alarm Box

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The S22 is the SAB interface. I think he's also suggesting the Astec relay card which would also allow you to connect global bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheImp

Thanks Koolkid. Do you know if they are still available and where they can be sourced?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You won't get them in any suppliers.
    I might have a few left, I'll check tomorrow.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheImp

You would be a life saver Koolkid if you did! Live in Drogheda but travel to Dublin for work every day! He came back to me today and said its the s22 I need

Send me a PM with your details & I'll give you a shout later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 rorytours

does any know if i could get a s22 kit anywhere?

There are a few options. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rorytours

im in ashbourne co meath, my house is wired for astec, so if i cannot get the bell sorted i will have to buy and install wire free .
    i will arrange collection anywhere

I have just looked into this with the manufacturers . We have a lot on order. Not sure if they will be here before Christmas I'm afraid.
    If you were thinking of upgrading the GSD i70 would give you the option of a Global bell or a wireless one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

HKC are supplying the S22's. NEW have them in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jp1000

I see hkc are selling a bellbox HKC-AS-S22 will this work with an astec 2 wire system without a conversion? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My local electrical wholesaler got on to hkc and they said that box would not work with astec. Now I managed to get an s22 module and i have a secondhand aritec bellbox AS522 would anybody know how to connect them together? I will post a photo of the wiring diagram on the bellbox

It won’t let me post a photo of bellbox so here are the connections on the aritech:

1-beacon hold-off 0v or floating
    2-siren hold off 0v or floating
    3-10-14.5v 70ma max standby 500 ma max. Operating ( including beacon
    4-GND
    5-28v max 100 ma
    6-tamper loop

jp1000 wrote: »
    It won’t let me post a photo of bellbox so here are the connections on the aritech:

1-beacon hold-off 0v or floating
    2-siren hold off 0v or floating
    3-10-14.5v 70ma max standby 500 ma max. Operating ( including beacon
    4-GND
    5-28v max 100 ma
    6-tamper loop

1 - Internal or Strobe -
    2 - Ext bell -
    3 - Ext Bell +
    4 - BHO Bell Hold off.
    6 Tamper return in series with whatever resistor the panel requires.

You may also need a 1k resistor across 1 & 3 & 2 & 3.

jp1000 wrote: »
    I see hkc are selling a bellbox HKC-AS-S22 will this work with an astec 2 wire system without a conversion? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This appears to be an old link on Mercury website.
    No news of these being available. Still investigating , although I cant see HKC wanting to go back to something they ditched so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jagrace

hi I have an Astec alarm and the outside bell box is knackered I cant get hold of an S22 card but i have a relay card can I set this up to trigger a global bell? thx

jagrace wrote: »
    hi I have an Astec alarm and the outside bell box is knackered I cant get hold of an S22 card but i have a relay card can I set this up to trigger a global bell? thx

A bit messy but it should work.
    Eight hand side of bell output & right side of zone input will give you 12vdc.

The connections you mentioned would trigger the relay when the alarm goes off ? how would I wire the global SAB up to work with it I presume the relay when triggered just opens or closes a set of contacts? what about the bell hold off strobe connects etc? thanks for the reply

You would wire as follows..

+ to + bell +strobe
    - to common of 2 relays and BHO
    NO of relay 1 to bell -
    NO of relay 2 to strobe -

Thanks koolkid i will give this a try thanks for the help

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    You would wire as follows..

+ to + bell +strobe
    - to common of 2 relays and BHO
    NO of relay 1 to bell -
    NO of relay 2 to strobe -

hi koolkid i had a look at the relay i have its a s71 mains relay will that work ? thx

If the relay is N/O to close then yes. If its switching mains out you may need another relay with a mains coil to give you an open/close contact.
    Getting a bit messy now..!

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the relay is N/O to close then yes. If its switching mains out you may need another relay with a mains coil to give you an open/close contact.
    Getting a bit messy now..!

hi kool kid thanks again for getting back to me it say mains but just looks like a relay i would say you could switch anything through it . from your previous post will i need two N/O contacts ? the relay only has one. can i put a + in and switch out to the + to the strobe and bell ? where can i pick up the + and - from on the panel? thx

jagrace wrote: »
    hi kool kid thanks again for getting back to me it say mains but just looks like a relay i would say you could switch anything through it . from your previous post will i need two N/O contacts ? the relay only has one. can i put a + in and switch out to the + to the strobe and bell ? where can i pick up the + and - from on the panel? thx

sorry meant switching the - not the + through the relay !!!!

Advertisement