Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whole food plant based, yes or no?

• 12-09-2019 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

This seems to be the latest food/ diet trend taken off
    I have to say it all round does look appealing and probably the most logical way of eating and living compared to low carbs, high proteins all fats.. it's cheaper, easier to grow, more accessible and even more sustainable.
    But I do wonder having briefly done keto..is there something to be said for been carniviours like our ancestors all things considered the dairy/beef industry seems to have taken a huge knock lately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

I follow a mostly WFPBD - I still have treats though. Also I'll use the likes of soymilk, etc.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

I’m currently (stress) eating processed foods as part of my diet, and you can absolutely tell. Between the huge amounts of salt, sugar and fats it’s a disaster for well being. When life is calmer and I have more time, I tend towards a mostly WFPB diet and it’s brilliant. Brilliant for me and brilliant for the environment (less packaging, less plastic, less destructive palm oil). I watched The Game Changers last night and the athletes are so impressive and positive, it makes me want to work my way back to real food asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'll be getting complete blood test results next week on mainly a whole foods plant based diet but I also eat the "highly processed muck" as the farmers call it.

Looking forward to it. Health isn't all about weight. It's good to have your entire blood count checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Unearthly wrote: »
    I'll be getting complete blood test results next week on mainly a whole foods plant based diet but I also eat the "highly processed muck" as the farmers call it.

Looking forward to it. Health isn't all about weight. It's good to have your entire blood count checked.

Please let us know your findings and thoughts. Personally, I feel great on a WFPBD - when I go out with friends for a meal, I invariably feel 'bunged-up' the next day. :eek: I would say everywhere uses the cheapest ingredients they can find, and it's all white pasta, white sugar, white flour, white rice. The whole versions always have taste!

Advertisement