Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMA wish list! I'd really like to hear from...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

A professional scientist who doesn't believe in climate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Censored11 wrote: »
    John Delaney?
    Could ye imagine. There would be 500 pages of questions, and not one answer.
    In an interview Delaney asked himself a question.
    "Am I doing a good job?"
    "That's a very good question."
    "Yes I am."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

notobtuse wrote: »
    I’m a big Donald Trump as US president supporter.  Campaigned for him in 2016 and will do so again in 2020.  Seems most here on Boards.ie can’t understand how anybody could ever be a supporter, and the mods in the politics forum act upon their clear bias (and abuse their power) against anybody who supports him.  Don’t know if anybody would be interested in hearing from (rather than yelling at) a Trump supporter.  8-)
    Will he hold up his hands and take the blame when the economy tanks bigly?

Biggest stock market rises in history (DJIA Dow Jones Industrial Average)

03/09/1929 it had risen 497% from the previous low. The it fell 89%, or to 11% of its high value.
    03/10/1937 it had risen 372% from the previous low. It fell 52% to 48% of that high.

03/10/2018 it had risen 410% from the previous low, the second highest run up in history.
    That is thanks to Donal Trump, and he will keep pumping the economy until the 3rd November 2020 presidential election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Will he hold up his hands and take the blame when the economy tanks bigly?

Of course not. That’s not his style. And neither would any other president before him.

My youngest daughter is starting college at a prestigious university in Washington, DC. She was accepted into their Scholars Program in the Politics, Policy and Law Discipline. Only 15 students from across the world are accepted each year into the PPL scholars program and they are expected to make differences in the world. She will be required to intern at least 4 times in either the White House, US Senate, US House of Representatives, Pentagon, Homeland Security or with an ambassador (arranged by the university). She has already been offered an internship with a US Congresswoman next semester. She really wants to intern in the White House at some point but not with Trump, or with a Democratic Senator. (Where have I failed?) If she interns in the White House I’ll ask her if she would be willing to answer questions… if anyone is interested, that is.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What about am undertaker?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

notobtuse wrote: »
    Of course not. That’s not his style. And neither would any other president before him.

My youngest daughter is starting college at a prestigious university in Washington, DC. She was accepted into their Scholars Program in the Politics, Policy and Law Discipline. Only 15 students from across the world are accepted each year into the PPL scholars program and they are expected to make differences in the world. She will be required to intern at least 4 times in either the White House, US Senate, US House of Representatives, Pentagon, Homeland Security or with an ambassador (arranged by the university). She has already been offered an internship with a US Congresswoman next semester. She really wants to intern in the White House at some point but not with Trump, or with a Democratic Senator. (Where have I failed?) If she interns in the White House I’ll ask her if she would be willing to answer questions… if anyone is interested, that is.

That would be fantastic notobtuse and congratulations to your daughter! That is a fantastic opportunity for her, I wish her the very best of luck. If she has the time, I'm sure there would be interest in her doing it no matter where she interns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Someone who has climbed Everest or any of the other well known summits? There was some really interesting conversation in a thread in AH about it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Someone who has climbed Everest or any of the other well known summits? There was some really interesting conversation in a thread in AH about it recently.

Been there, done that! (Not me but Boards!) :D

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057730695

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The owner of the Charleville Hotel/White Moose Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ooh a jockey!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't think anyone in the army (Irish army anyway are permitted to do something like this.

You might get an ex-serviceman. Even if a nom-de-guerre were used to retain anonymity, there is too much chance of a response or speech pattern or whatever identifying a serving soldier (Or in my case, I'm possibly the only US soldier on Boards, so that's a gimme...). You'd be amazed how many requests I get as a mod in military to delete posts from even a few years ago which the poster fears could be used against them.

Would ex-servicemen do for you?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Of course, anyone who has an interesting story or aspect of their life that they are willing and able to talk about is more than welcome aboard. We just don't want anyone getting themselves in hot water over it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Not sure if it would a bit controversial but I'd be interested to hear from a peadophile hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Not sure if it would a bit controversial but I'd be interested to hear from a peadophile hunter

Aren't they anonymous by their very nature?

That said, in a public area, they are liable to be filmed; would imagine some people know who those in the only Irish one I'm aware of are.

Court case yesterday where Judge criticised the vigilante behaviour of the group (without naming 'em) for targeting an individual who's SN and is a vulnerable adult, is in a care home/residential setting etc.

Like social media when it comes to reporting "news", this genre're a law onto themselves in that they operate somewhat outside of or on edge of the law and, using yesterdays court report, tend to arrive in numbers; 5 (3 M + 2 F) in one case and as for their "security"? Crikey the PSA don't license for this stuff.

So yeah, bring on such an AMA please!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

A psychic/clairvoyant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Been there, done that! (Not me but Boards!) :D

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057730695

Not quite the same thing, that was just the trek into base camp, the foot of the mountain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Very unlikely to happen but id love to hear from a pro brexit politician. Might cause a bit of a stir though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

A NCT inspector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I'd like to hear from a postal worker/courier.

Read around online about problems people have with "attempted deliveries" and you'll see it appears to be a pretty dysfunctional business where drivers have unrealistic targets, which incentivizes them to actually not deliver packages. Would be fascinating to get more info into what goes on behind the scenes.

(No prizes for guessing I've just been burned by this fake "attempted delivery" craic myself...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

Slaughterhouse worker

An Irish Opera singer or classical singer etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Would love to hear some stories from a Tattoo Artist or a Body Piercer...
    they must have some good ones

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lfen wrote: »
    A psychic/clairvoyant

I knew you were going to say that... :pac:

This might have been posted before - a Freemason?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I'd love to hear from someone who volunteers as lifeboat crew with RNLI.

There was already an AMA here with a woman who had an affair so, how about having one with a man who already has a significant other and who has had OR IS HAVING an affair with a woman who may be attached or not.

I would also like to see an A.M.A. with someone who's in a 'Friends with benefits' relationship and one with someone who's in a polyamorous relationship.

Someone who has suffered with eating disorders ..OR a professional who works with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This guy!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112262284&postcount=478

Will he remain Nameless? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭gzoladz

A driving license tester...

Advertisement