Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I made a mistake, they were actually 17 down, not 16. Ridiculous performance from KD. An unexpected 27 from Jeff Green too to make up for Harden and Kyrie.

The Bucks blew that though, in the same way Brooklyn blew game 3 and a possible sweep.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,121 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Harden was bad bad bad. Unbelievable performance in its own way beside KD’s!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Harden was bad bad bad. Unbelievable performance in its own way beside KD’s!

He was, but you have to cut him a lot of slack as he’s clearly not 100%x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

Giannis not guarding KD down the stretch is unforgivable

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1405142801625620483

According to Charania, Paul's "isolation period could be shorter for a vaccinated individual." Paul has not publicly revealed whether he's been vaccinated. In March he called vaccination a "personal-type decision."

So, all in all, Paul's anti-vax beliefs could cost him and his team a Championship.

• Advertisement

Kawhi out for the remainder of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 23,149 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1405142801625620483

According to Charania, Paul's "isolation period could be shorter for a vaccinated individual." Paul has not publicly revealed whether he's been vaccinated. In March he called vaccination a "personal-type decision."

So, all in all, Paul's anti-vax beliefs could cost him and his team a Championship.

I enjoy the Suns but Paul fùcking the whole franchise because of his daft belief would be amusing. Surely he'd have to be traded

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Kawhi out for the remainder of the series

Just saw that, absolutely disastrous, he's been on some tear. With his history of knee injuries it could be a slow return.

Adam Silver has really made a mess of this season with the schedule. Players are falling apart all over the place.

Yeah the injuries killing the playoffs a little bit. We’ll not really know who the best team was tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only knocking 10 games off the regular season wasn't nearly enough, should've just done 58 games play every team twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Looks like Kawhi's injury is an ACL, that's just horrible.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Looks like Kawhi's injury is an ACL, that's just horrible.

Latest I’ve seen is only definitely out for Game 5 but could be out for rest of series.

Chris Paul out indefinitely due to Covid 19 protocols. Jesus he has no luck.

Also, anyone see the fight in the stands the other day in the Suns Nuggets game? I’ve never seen anything like that in a basketball arena in the US before (apart from the malice in the Palace obviously). Strange viral stuff on it too.

Scott Brooks and Stan Van Gundy fired. Surprised with Brooks with Westbrook there but not at all surprised with Van Gundy after how bad New Orleans were, but also with all the stories that came out of there about his stall we “style” and interactions with the players.

Weird one struck me today - did JJ Reddick play at all in the Dallas Clippers series?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Weird one struck me today - did JJ Reddick play at all in the Dallas Clippers series?

He got injured during the regular season and never returned. Shot surprisingly poorly this year could have been having trouble all season.

Gregk961 wrote: »
    He got injured during the regular season and never returned. Shot surprisingly poorly this year could have been having trouble all season.

I knew he was playing poorly but he was not very subtly hinting at problems in NO. Totally missed the injury!

Only knocking 10 games off the regular season wasn't nearly enough, should've just done 58 games play every team twice.

You’re forgetting the players agreed to this…..because of money basically.

I agree it’s been disastrous but the players association should be taking medical advice on overload and the likelihood of injuries. I’d like to think they did and ignored it, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Latest I’ve seen is only definitely out for Game 5 but could be out for rest of series.

Chris Paul out indefinitely due to Covid 19 protocols. Jesus he has no luck.

Also, anyone see the fight in the stands the other day in the Suns Nuggets game? I’ve never seen anything like that in a basketball arena in the US before (apart from the malice in the Palace obviously). Strange viral stuff on it too.

That fight was hilarious, going to make some broad sweeping statements but was a pleasure to see that punk get a beating, I know those types of fans by just looking at them, annoying cocky arrogant little pricks
    They picked the wrong guy to mess with, he looked like an ex hockey player or something the way he grabbed the young guy
    Then at the next game, people had posters of him 😂😂

Whoever loses this will be devastated , crazy game !!

76ers were up by 26 at one point.

They now haven't scored in seven minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Trae Young and Collins are two fuc.king animals.

What a choke job by 76ers, the body language at the end was pretty telling, not sure what to say, Doc Rivers really has to take responsibility for this, you can’t be losing that game. Happy for Trae Young, finally getting out of Doncics shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 30,814 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kawhi is such a massive loss to the Clippers. They're doing well to compensate for now, but it's hard to see them being able to keep it up.

Reeeally hope he just misses tonight and it's not an ACL as is feared.

Trae Young growing up big time in these Play Offs. That Philly collapse though (assuming they lose the series) could see the end of Simmons I feel as a Sixer, esp. with Morey in charge. Also Doc Rivers has presided over some serious collapses in his time now across multiple teams. I know he won a title with Boston but the resume since then isn’t great considering the talent he’s had at his disposal.

To think they thought about trading John Collins? Crazy.

Trae Young growing up big time in these Play Offs. That Philly collapse though (assuming they lose the series) could see the end of Simmons I feel as a Sixer, esp. with Morey in charge. Also Doc Rivers has presided over some serious collapses in his time now across multiple teams. I know he won a title with Boston but the resume since then isn’t great considering the talent he’s had at his disposal.

To think they thought about trading John Collins? Crazy.

Yeah, it looks really bad coming off the back of last seasons 3-1 collapse with the Clippers too.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, it looks really bad coming off the back of last seasons 3-1 collapse with the Clippers too.

He had two 3-1 collapses with the Clippers actually (one to Houston too), and one in Orlando. Of the 13 times it’s happened in play off history, Rivers has coached 3 of them.

And Atlanta are playing without Hunter.

If they lost this they can’t keep this team intact, and it has to Simmons who moves.

Huge, huge result for the Clippers on the road without Kawhi. Jackson really stepped up to bring those extra points on top of Morris and PG.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Massive performance from George.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Couldn't be happier watching Simmons tank his value, been saying for a long time that he'd be perfect in Portland and this might actually be the year both teams are looking to make a big trade :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

The sad thing about Doc Rivers is that no matter how poorly he performs at a team he will walk straight into another high profile job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement