Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

sabat wrote: »
    Why is a 29 year old gay GP with no state role intimating that he can help set someone up with a direct provision contract? There's a lot more to come from this IMO.

Are you referring to Varadkar as a 29 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Needs to be an investigation into these reports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

awec wrote: »
    It may be. I would find it very strange that the whistleblower bring such a high profile story to such a non-entity of a publication that only actually publishes monthly, so I can only assume he also brought it to more substantial media outlets.

They either turned him down, or they're trying to get more solid information before publishing.

Either way, the story as it exists today is a bit wishy washy and lacks any real damning evidence.

Or they are concerned about the massive advertising spend around Covid-19 in every publication. Preposterous amounts being shat away on full page ads/infomercials continually by the HSE for months on end with no end in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Infamy,infamy, they all have it Infamy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Are you referring to Varadkar as a 29 year old?

Have you even read the article? Do you know who Maitiú Ó Tuathail is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Why is a 29 year old gay GP with no state role intimating that he can help set someone up with a direct provision contract? There's a lot more to come from this IMO.

In your opinion indeed. I can see the imagination is running in over drive, even bring his sexuality into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Archeron

There is no way that's Leos handwriting. When is the last time anybody could read something a doctor wrote by hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Have you even read the article? Do you know who Maitiú Ó Tuathail is?

Is he anything to Niall O Tuathail, the Soc Dems lad? Both from Connemara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Its odd the the magazine didn't approach either O'Tuathail or Varadkar for comment.
    That would be normal journalistic practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭elperello

LV to make a statement later today according to Niall Collins on
    Rte now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭jackboy

elperello wrote: »
    LV to make a statement later today according to Niall Collins on
    Rte now.

The correct move if he is innocent. One robust statement of denial and then let the lawyers do their stuff.

If the story is true however, he will make it ten times worse by making a denial statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Phoebas wrote: »
    Its odd the the magazine didn't approach either O'Tuathail or Varadkar for comment.
    That would be normal journalistic practice?

They approached Varadkar for comment apparently. https://twitter.com/Bryan_Wall/status/1322504394429075458

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I get he shouldn’t have shared the contract allegedly.l but I can’t figure out who benefits or why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    In your opinion indeed. I can see the imagination is running in over drive, even bring his sexuality into it.

No imagination here; Varadkar's extra-curricular activities are an open secret. I'd be surprised if he wasn't compromised or engaging in quid pro quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

Is he anything to Niall O Tuathail, the Soc Dems lad? Both from Connemara

Someone asked Niall that question on twitter earlier and he said they found out recently that they're distant cousins but no closer than that seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

jackboy wrote: »
    The correct move if he is innocent. One robust statement of denial and then let the lawyers do their stuff.

If the story is true however, he will make it ten times worse by making a denial statement.

Yes, denial might not be enough, has to legal and make them withdraw or front up.
    It's a third hand story, maybe the village figure that gives them an out somehow.
    But Leo has to quash this dead, if it drags on it will only discredit him, true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No imagination here; Varadkar's extra-curricular activities are an open secret. I'd be surprised if he wasn't compromised or engaging in quid pro quo.

That is a leap and many many halves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nothing in the article evidence-wise that isn't easily falsifiable. I mean fake text conversations make up half the humour sites these days so they count for nothing. The contract seems to be the most damning evidence but at the end of the day its a pile of papers with a cover page and some scribbles. Anyone with a printer and a marker could reproduce that.

Leos reaction should be interesting. A strong denial and there isn't really a whole lot for them to go on.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully this is the last we see of Leaky Leo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

Surely they don't publish something like this given likely legal implications if its made up/incorrect? Seems incredible stupid if so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Jim O'Callaghan calling now for Leo to make a statement to clarify the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

francois wrote: »
    Wake me up when the manufactured outrage level gets to 5

It looks a very serious allegation to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I'm afraid this one isn't going to be the big explosive exposé that the conspiracy theorists want. A good statement this afternoon and then get back to the important work of fighting Coronavirus. Will be forgotten by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

#Leotheleak is trending on Twitter!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Archeron wrote: »
    There is no way that's Leos handwriting. When is the last time anybody could read something a doctor wrote by hand?
    Leo is a failed doctor, a failed politician and a failed person though. So that may be why it's readable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Anyone know what journalist wrote the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

#Leotheleak is trending on Twitter!!

#leakyleo would seem better, given some past form. To think a magazine call the Village might be ruin of one of the Village People.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Anyone know what journalist wrote the article?

You gonna have them Arkancided ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,172 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Leo is a failed doctor, a failed politician and a failed person though. So that may be why it's readable.

A failed person.

That's a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement