Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAMSAT Cutoff Scores

• 17-10-2020 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All,

So each year the CAO publish the GAMSAT cutoff scores for GEM courses, which shows the minimum score required to gain entry to each course. For 2020:

http://www2.cao.ie/points/GraduateMedicine2020Round0.pdf

The score published each year is for Round 0 entry (beginning of August), but does not show if applicants with lower scores were made an offer in later rounds, which happens every year (for example, this year I was offered UCC with a score of 57 in round 1, whereas their official cutoff score according to CAO is 58*).

Is there any way to find out the actual lowest score that obtained a place in medicine in the various universities?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cal100

coopersock wrote: »
    Hi All,

So each year the CAO publish the GAMSAT cutoff scores for GEM courses, which shows the minimum score required to gain entry to each course. For 2020:

http://www2.cao.ie/points/GraduateMedicine2020Round0.pdf

The score published each year is for Round 0 entry (beginning of August), but does not show if applicants with lower scores were made an offer in later rounds, which happens every year (for example, this year I was offered UCC with a score of 57 in round 1, whereas their official cutoff score according to CAO is 58*).

Is there any way to find out the actual lowest score that obtained a place in medicine in the various universities?

Thanks in advance!

Have a look at the pdf on CAO that has the points data for all courses- in that file it says UCC 57* in round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

Cal100 wrote: »
    Have a look at the pdf on CAO that has the points data for all courses- in that file it says UCC 57* in round 1

Yeah I did check that document but UCC is the only one that has a score, UL, UCD and RCSI are blank...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cal100

coopersock wrote: »
    Yeah I did check that document but UCC is the only one that has a score, UL, UCD and RCSI are blank...

I’d say your best bet is to contact the colleges directly to find out. They should tell you. There isn’t much transparency on cao unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ma003

I know UL was 56* this year but there were people who did get in on 55 after everyone on 56 was offered a spot in later rounds !! Maybe only a few though, not sure.

Advertisement