Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotted snow on a car- horrific! :)

• 17-03-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

While driving on the N2 northbound from Dublin, I spotted snow on the back on a KE reg car.

I was horrified(i'm a mildy:))..so was there snow somewhere today? Perhaps up in the mountains?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Are you sure it wasn't hail? There was plenty of hail around today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Are you sure it wasn't hail? There was plenty of hail around today.

Perhaps. Its was quite thick on the back window, I just couldn't believe it. You're right in that a bucket load of hail could be mistaken for snow on a car, hmm was there any reports of snow on higher ground at all or was it all hail?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

had heavy hail storm here in and around D15,for a good half hour,which in fairness one would of mistaken it for snow as the ground was covered. Thunder & lighting in the mix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

A heavy hail shower closed Lucan golf course at around 12.30 yesterday. It left a 2" covering that looked like snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

There was rain here last night for a few hours with a temp of 4C; if the car had been in the mountains it's possible it was snow.

Ooops....

Strike that - I'm a day late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I was driving through heavy sleet/wet snow for a time around 12ish last night between Roundwood and Kilmac so there was definitely some around, i'd say it may well have been sticking further up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Was driving up m50 yesterday at 2.30ish and the hard shoulders and grass verdge was white around lucan turn off may have been hail but looked like snow went futher up towards finglas and there was sleet mixed with hail falling there temp was 5.c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

vickers209 wrote: »
    Was driving up m50 yesterday at 2.30ish and the hard shoulders and grass verdge was white around lucan turn off may have been hail but looked like snow went futher up towards finglas and there was sleet mixed with hail falling there temp was 5.c

It was 100% hail. I heard reports on the radio that people had reported snow throughout the city...it was definitely hail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Yeah, it was very heavy hail. and the ice stayed around quite a while. This is around an hour after it stopped.

196892.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Great shot!

Now if only it was a tad smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Great shot!

Now if only it was a tad smaller.

It was a big shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Nice covering of hail on the mountains in Mayo...

6850877300_dedd97e3a3_z.jpg

Croagh Patrick, mweelrea were completely white near the top. Thats the sheefry hills in the picture

Advertisement