Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willing to learn Irish...help ^_^

• 29-01-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

Ciao, I am an italian girl who is living in Eire since 11 months....
    I lived the first 9 months on Inis Mor, Aran Islands and is now living in Cork City...I have just a bit of Irish at the moment but I'd love to improve it.

Does someone know about some course in or near Cork, for beginners, I'd say.
    I would also be ok with private lessons or I'd like conversation exchange.

If you know something, please please please let me know.
    Go raibh mile maith agaibh :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 daphilp

You could try Univercity College Cork, ( Ionad na gaeilge labhartha). They run night classes at all levels. Classes are currently under way, but they let you join.
    Dave
    Cork
    Slán

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Thanks for the suggestion Dave! ^_^
    My pro with UCC is...How much that would cost me?
    Are there courses for people who don't attend UCC?
    I am confused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 daphilp

Hi,
    there are about 7/8 classes left I think, so it would not be too expensive if you got it. I go every Monday night for two hours and I am not a cooege student.
    Also some of the secondary schools run classes over the Winter, you could check with you nearest one,
    Slán tamall,
    dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Hmmm...Thank you again!
    But...I really need to begin from the beginning...lol
    Maye i should look for Irish for foreigners...probably.
    It sounds even more difficult to find...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MichaelC

Ciao, I am an italian girl who is living in Eire since 11 months....
    I lived the first 9 months on Inis Mor, Aran Islands and is now living in Cork City...I have just a bit of Irish at the moment but I'd love to improve it.

Does someone know about some course in or near Cork, for beginners, I'd say.
    I would also be ok with private lessons or I'd like conversation exchange.

If you know something, please please please let me know.
    Go raibh mile maith agaibh :P

Salve, Io sono di Cork ma purtropo non possiamo enconrarci la perche vivo in Galway-. Mi scusi per il mio Italiano brutto, il mio problema e che non faccevo lezzione formale, (imperavo nei bar e con gli amici), ed quindi no ho prattica scrivendo.

Possiamo parlare sul skype/scrivere sul messenger se vuoi, Gaelico-Italino, bellisima! Lo sai che chi sono diversi cose sul tg4.tv ed i podcast da rnag.ie

Micheál

• Advertisement
Advertisement