Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forbidden Archaeology

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Im guessing I will not be changed much by the experience, but it does sound fun to watch.
    I look forward to a discussion on the ins and outs of this theory.
    Alot of Ct's branching off this general idea.
    Aliens,evolution,the bible,massive blocks moved.
    Not sure about the human like footprint beside the dinosaur footprint, im guessing there is a simple explanation for that.
    How and when both prints were made on soft material im not sure.
    I do know you cant carbon date a carving or footprint, only the rock itself.
    Or at least that is what I have been lead to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I was working near a few Brazilian guys doing stone work one day on a farm near
    a neolithic site and they were digging and the next thing they dug something up
    which was cut stone.

They were amazed because they reckoned there wasn't the tools to cut the
    stone into the shape it was the said the cut was too perfect almost at a perfect
    right angle even todays tools would crack the limestone or dinge it
    They showed the slab to someone who was into archaeology he said he will take it
    away to get it checked out...

A week later no sign of the stone 2 weeks later we were told the stone never existed
    he just told us to forget about it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I find this an interesting subject. More please.
    I remember reading some Graham Hancock books on undersea archaeology. It seems that archaeologists are quite set in their ways. The notion of someone intelligent around a little too long ago just doesn't seem to wash.
    What will people say in 20,000 years time? That we didn't exist?

Actually yes, that's exactly what they'll say!

Why?
    Why do we do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

shedweller wrote: »
    I find this an interesting subject. More please.
    I remember reading some Graham Hancock books on undersea archaeology. It seems that archaeologists are quite set in their ways. The notion of someone intelligent around a little too long ago just doesn't seem to wash.
    What will people say in 20,000 years time? That we didn't exist?

Actually yes, that's exactly what they'll say!

Why?
    Why do we do that?

Aswell as that, the last thing the land owner needed was people walking through his lands,falling over and putting in claims etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The notion of someone intelligent around a little too long ago just doesn't seem to wash.

This should interest you so
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skara_Brae

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

I was thinking about gobleki tepe when a something occurred to me those pillars look like

Tau Crosses

gopekli_tepe_temple2.jpg?w=490&h=349

Göbekli Tepe

These crosses are ancient symbols across the world .they are also very important symbols in Freemasonary /Christiianity ..

The Tau (or T-shaped) Cross:
    Hopi-Maya-Egyptian Connections
    It is interesting to note that when Moses entered the Sinai desert, he found the Midianite tribe (also called the Kenites) wearing the T-shape on their foreheads. This sign, which represented their god of storms (bringing water) and war (thunder), later became known as the "Yahweh Mark."

Much later Jesus may well have been crucified on a Tau or St. Anthony's cross rather instead of on the Latin cross we think of today, though this will probably be forever debated.

In his classic book Atlantis: the Antediluvian World, Ignatius Donnelly states that tau was an important icon signifying "hidden wisdom" for Mexicans as well as for Peruvians, Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Chaldeans. In general, it was emblematic of rejuvenation, freedom from physical suffering, hope, immortality, and divine unity.

Thus we have seen how many cultures associate the T-shape with burgeoning new life, the rising sun, psycho-spiritual journeying, and ultimate resurrection. Sometimes the simplest symbols contain the deepest meanings.

http://www.theorionzone.com/t_shape.htm

The Cross of Tau is also called the Tau Cross, St. Anthony's Cross, the Old Testament Cross, the Anticipatory Cross, the Cross Commissee, the Egyptian Cross, the Advent Cross, Croce taumata, "Saint Francis's Cross" or the Crux Commissa. Hence, this cross is often used during the Advent season. It also appears on the arms of the ancient de Lemos clan of Spain and Portugal, which according to family sites also represents a meeting place and the balance of justice and trade.

As with Christianity, other ancient societies who used the "Tau" symbol also expanded upon its symbolism to include life, resurrection, reincarnation, and blood sacrifice.[citation needed] These crosses are rare, and only a few are left in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Tau

Done a bit of searching for pictures the only palce I could find them represented in stone is gobleki tepe and one other place Ireland

That got me thinking about Michael Tsarion and his theory about The Irish origins of civilization
    I watched the video a long time ago as far as I can remember he maintained that ancient Irish Druids/priests travelled west to east bringing their knowledge with them after the deluge/flood

I think I will have to watch it again when I get a few hours to spare

Tau Crosses in Ireland

tory_tau_cross3.jpg

Tory Island Tau Cross
    This is probably one of the most recognisable images of Tory. The cross, made of one piece of mica slate, 1.9m/6' 3" high and 1.1m/3' 6" wide, stands beside the pier and dates from the 6th century or perhaps earlier. The cross is of great imporance to the people of the island and many fishermen still pray at it before setting off to sea.

As we have said, the Tau Cross on tory is made of mica slate which is not found on Tory. Mica was used in ancient Egypt and the Tau Cross shape was used by the Coptic Christians, who came from Egypt. The link here is in connection with Killybegs on mainland Donegal where there is a Holy Well set on a hill just outside the town. The well is called St. Catherine's Well. The St. Catherine it is named for is St. Catherine of Alexandria (in Egypt). The well was founded by three men (holy men or scholars it is thought) many centuries ago and the story goes that they hit very stormy waters and prayed to reach safe land. They prayed to St. Catherine and promised that if she saved them and they made it to land, they would found a Holy Well in her name. They did land safely, washed up at Killybegs and founded St. Catherine's Well. So, we don't know how the Tau Cross got to Tory or where it came from but there are some interesting links between areas of Donegal and Egypt

http://www.welovedonegal.com/islands-tory-island.html

Or is it possible that the cross was brought from ancient Egypt by princess Scotia or her husband the Pharoah
    Could they have brought it to show the people of ireland that they were familiar with their ancient people and their knowledge that they learned from the druids.
    Could Tsarion be onto something did anciet Irish travel across Europe 1000,s of years ago did they settle in turkey and form a base there and set up Gobleki tepe as temples using the tau cross Did they leave under some kind of threat and decided to cover up their temples and head on to egypt and teach their ways to the egyptians
    According to several references in medieval Irish mythology Scotia, wife of the former Milesius and mother of six sons, was killed in battle with the legendary Tuatha Dé Danann on the nearby Slieve Mish mountain. Scotia had come to Ireland in 1,700BC, [3]to avenge the death of her husband, the King who had been wounded in a previous ambush in south Kerry
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotia%27s_Grave

kilnaboy-tau-cross-1x1.jpg

Tau Cross formerly at Kilnaboy, Co.Clare.

Dalkey%20Castle%20Tau%20Cross%20001s.jpg

St Begnet's Church .Dalkey

Freemasonry
    There are three distinct forms of the cross. The first is called the TAU (more correctly the TAV). It closely resembles the modern letter T, consisting of a horizontal bar resting on a vertical column, the two arms being of equal length. An oak tree cut off some feet above the ground and its upper part laid across the lower in this form was the symbol of the Druid god Hu. It is suspected that this symbol originated among the Egyptians from the spread of the horns of a bull or ram (Taurus or Aries) and the vertical line of its face. This is sometimes designated as the hammer cross, because if held by its vertical base it is not unlike a mallet or gavel. In one of the Qabbalistic Masonic legends, CHiram Abiff is given a hammer in the form of a TAU by his ancestor, Tubal-cain. The TAU cross is preserved to modern Masonry under the symbol of the T square. This appears to be the oldest form of the cross extant.

The TAU cross was inscribed on the forehead of every person admitted into the Mysteries of Mithras. When a king was initiated into the Egyptian Mysteries, the TAU was placed against his lips. It was tattooed upon the bodies of the candidates in some of the American Indian Mysteries. To the Qabbalist, the TAU stood for heaven and the Pythagorean tetractys. The Caduceus of Hermes was an outgrowth of the TAU cross. (See Albert Pike.)
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/secret_teachings/sta45.htm

It will thus be seen that the jewel of the R.A., far from being a mere ornament, contains in itself a summary of the sublime teachings of that degree; the more so as it also has a triple tau. With regard to the tau cross, we have already shown in our earlier handbooks that in its origin it was a Phallic symbol representing the Creative power. We shall remember also that we make a tau cross every time we receive the S.s in the Craft Degrees. Thus the M.M. has himself made the triple tau. It is also worth reminding our readers that only those who have passed the chair and actually ruled a Lodge are entitled to wear three tau crosses on their aprons

http://www.mastermason.com/luxocculta/higher.htm
    This enigmatic symbol of Egypt represents in its simplest interpretation ‘eternal life’ and was often found in the names of Pharaoh’s such as the infamous Tut-ankh-amun. The symbol is often depicted being held by a god to a Pharaoh, giving him life, or held by a Pharaoh to his people, giving them life – this basically set aside the immortals, from the mortals, for anyone wearing or carrying the Ankh had gained or hoped to gain immortality. Those holding the ankh were the great magicians, the ones capable of altering reality - they had the power of the Otherworld through the device, which symbolised the access to the Otherworld. So what elements of this ankh give it this special power?

The Ankh is technically known as the Crux Ansata. It is a simple T-Cross, surmounted by an oval – called the Ru. The Ru is often seen as the portal or gateway to another dimension such as heaven, in essence, the Otherworld. The ankh therefore becomes the symbol of transition from one plain to another. It outlived Egyptian domination and was widely used by the Christians as their first cross, but in this symbol holds a clue to the secret of the serpent
    http://www.thetemplebooklet.co.uk/The%20Cross%20of%20the%20Templars.htm

2196008652_0dda414528_m.jpg

2195218527_e1ddf80aaa_m.jpg

Tripple tau cross Sheffield Cathederal (lots of masonic carvings on the pews)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/evissa/sets/72157603736127146/with/2195219803/

Including swastikas which also come up when you search for pictures of the Tau Cross

Christianity
    St. Francis of Assisi (Italian: Francesco d'Assisi, born Giovanni di Bernardone; 1181/1182 – October 3, 1226)[2] was an Italian Catholic friar and preacher. He founded the men's Franciscan Order, the women’s Order of St. Clare, and the Third Order of Saint Francis for men and women not able to live the lives of itinerant preachers followed by the early members of the Order of Friars Minor or the monastic lives of the Poor Clares.[3] Though he was never ordained to the Catholic priesthood, Francis is one of the most venerated religious figures in history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

ofs.gif

Heresy and the Inquisition. Cathar Beliefs
    Some Catholics retained the Essene lifestyle while otherwise conforming. Canon 8 of the Nicene Council of 325 concerned “those who call themselves Cathari”. Canon 19 concerns “the Paulianists”. For established Christianity, the Ebionite-like or Nazarene-like Christians were a nuisance, but they persisted to become the earliest declared heretics
    http://www.askwhy.co.uk/christianheresy/0810Inquisition.php

coincathar.jpg

Cathar Coin showing Ankh-like Tau Cross

The franciscan order and Nazis (search for tau cross pictures brings up swastikas also )
    Very revealing as to the utter fanaticism that gripped the Roman Catholic Church in Croatia during these early days of the war and the infant Croatian state, is this excerpt from the diocesan newspaper of the archdiocese of Sarajevo: "Until now, God spoke through papal encyclicals. And? They closed their ears... Now God has decided to use other methods. He will prepare missions. European missions. World missions. They will be upheld not by priests, but by army commanders. The sermons will be heard with the help of cannons, machine guns, tanks and bombers." The Ustasi were known to have publicly taken oaths in the Catholic churches, pledging to work for the eradication of the Serbs and Orthodoxy. Especially militant and very prominent in the Ustasi were members of the Franciscan Order. Immediately after the proclamation of the Ustasi state, the Croatian primate, Archbishop Alojzije Stepinac of Zagreb, gave his blessing in the name of the Roman Church to the Croatian state and established "close collaboration." (It should be pointed out, however, that the Croatian Catholic Church was, at least officially, speaking for itself at that time. The procedure for obtaining recognition by the Vatican was in full progress, but officially the Vatican still recognized the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and had diplomatic relations with the government-in-exile. In short, the Vatican gave de facto recognition to the Ustasi regime, together will full diplomatic protocol at state occasions, though never official recognition.)

On May 8, 1941, the infamous martyrdom of the Serbs of the Glina region began. The Ustasi began by killing seven Serbs. In the short time that followed, they arrested and murdered 560 people from that region. Then on May 11 a train carrying 120 Serbs stopped at Glina. They were then removed to the courtyard of a local Jewish merchant, where a number of them were killed, and the rest taken to an unknown destination.

On May 4, the Orthodox bishop of Banja Luka, Platon, was ordered by the Ustasi to leave town immediately. He then appealed to the local Catholic bishop to intercede with the authorities to grant him several days to prepare. The Catholic bishop gave him his word, but during the night six Ustasi terrorists came and arrested the hierarch. Then, together with Father Dugan Subotic, he was led some six kilometers away to the village of Vrbanja, where they were all killed. Their bodies revealed how they had been tortured. They were shaved with a blunt knife, their eyes were put out, their ears and noses cut off, and fires were lit on their chests. Their remains were found in the Vrbanja river on May 23

http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/serbian_newmartyrs.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Much later Jesus may well have been crucified on a Tau or St. Anthony's cross rather instead of on the Latin cross we think of today, though this will probably be forever debated.

Its called the "crux commissa". The Christian cross we know today only started to appear as a symbol around the time of Constantine. The Mormons maintain that Jesus was crucified on a "crux simplex" which is basically a tree or a pole.
    Either would have been simpler to construct. Early Christians most likely didn't use the cross as an icon. The first 200 years don't seem to feature crosses in the art work at all.

After circles, crosses are one of the first images drawn by children from all cultures. Not until 5 or 6 do children begin to draw culturally specific items.
    I wonder how many Neolithic sites like Gobleki Tepe contain circles in their art work also.

Jehovah's Witnesses also do not believe Jesus was set on a cross.
    They insist it was a pole as was apparently customary around that time for criminals etc.

Interesting research there enno99.
    I have seen al Tsarions stuff or at least all his first series of lectures.
    It was pretty interesting at he time,but also very heavy going if your not really interested in the topic.
    At the time i was alsoaware he may of had agendas too, so I took it allwith a pinch of salt.
    I probably dont have time or the will to go back over it, but if you do, I would love to hear your conclusions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea the Forbidden Archaeology stuff interests me too. Even looking at the full on above board official archaeology there is evidence of it. Look at the Americas and the peopling of same. For soooo long the Clovis culture was the first(tm) and this was written in stone(no pun). Even now when clear and peer reviewed evidence of pre Clovis people has shown up many in the scientific community still hold to the idea. The peopling of the Americas can get real political. Understandably considering how the native folks ended up getting fcuked over. There are some sites in that neck of the woods that may show earlier non modern humans may have got there waaaay before us. Wouldn't shock me TBH. Homo erectus made Australian backpackers look like homebodies. :) They got everywhere, even to islands in the middle of nowhere that required boats/rafts to get there. Yet they never made it to the Americas? Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

Another one was the single out of Africa model for modern humanity. That got real bitter at times(even accused the miltiregionalists of being racists. For no good reason, but always sure to cause an emotive response) when others questioned the notion and showed evidence in the bones and stones that it was more complex than that. More recent gentic evidence that proves we got jiggy with other humans outside of Africa has been welcomed but not universally and there is still the smell of "we're hoping to disprove it" going on.

Closer to home, I recko their is evidence out there of paleolithic non modern humans. We've not found it yet, but it's there, somewhere. If lads and lasses where in the UK a million years ago, yet we're told humans first made it here 11,000 years ago? I say GTFO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Interesting topic. I see it more as gaps in knowledge than a planned, conspired cover up though.

• Advertisement

Torakx wrote: »
    Jehovah's Witnesses also do not believe Jesus was set on a cross.
    They insist it was a pole as was apparently customary around that time for criminals etc.

Interesting research there enno99.
    I have seen al Tsarions stuff or at least all his first series of lectures.
    It was pretty interesting at he time,but also very heavy going if your not really interested in the topic.
    At the time i was alsoaware he may of had agendas too, so I took it allwith a pinch of salt.
    I probably dont have time or the will to go back over it, but if you do, I would love to hear your conclusions.

LOL I know what you mean the last time I tackled it I thought my head would melt
    I agree most of what you you come across on these kind of subjects should be taken with a good pinch of salt
    It would be interesting to see if the carvings at Gobleki Tepe could be linked to ancient celts/druids
    like you said earlier this topic runs across all the CT spectrum
    UFO sightings like Rendelsham forest witness getting coordinates that turn out to be for Hy Brasil a mythical Island of the coast of Ireland
    also that Island been shown on an ancient map

studiorat wrote: »
    Its called the "crux commissa". The Christian cross we know today only started to appear as a symbol around the time of Constantine. The Mormons maintain that Jesus was crucified on a "crux simplex" which is basically a tree or a pole.
    Either would have been simpler to construct. Early Christians most likely didn't use the cross as an icon. The first 200 years don't seem to feature crosses in the art work at all.

After circles, crosses are one of the first images drawn by children from all cultures. Not until 5 or 6 do children begin to draw culturally specific items.
    I wonder how many Neolithic sites like Gobleki Tepe contain circles in their art work also.

Yea I think early christian symbols were a Fish and the anchor (which would contain the cross ) I dont really know a lot about symbolism except that it seems to be important in lots of cults religions freemasonry etc
    As for publicising them Maybe getting fed to lions would put a damper on that :)
    Gobleki Tepe was constructed in circles but the symbols were more elaborate depicting animals spiders domestic birds

tory_tau_cross3.jpg

Tau cross on tory Island

coincathar.jpg

Cathar coin

I cant seem to load these images in the other post ?

The gifts of the animals

We discover the special qualities and gifts which these animals offer through experience – through exploring the world of animals and relating to them out in nature, and through interacting with them in the Otherworld too. The Ovate work in particular is focused on learning how to do this. But in addition to personal experience, we can also learn from the accumulated experience of our ancestors by studying traditional animal lore, and just as certain trees are associated in the Druid tradition with particular qualities, so certain animals have been found to mediate particular attributes too. For example: the bear, boar, cat, dog, goose, otter and raven are all associated with the quality of protection; the adder, boar, dog, frog, ram and raven are connected with healing; the owl and raven with initiation, and so on. When we need the qualities or abilities that these animals represent, we can call upon them to help us – seeing and relating to them in our inner world, dancing or singing with them, and connecting with them in the outer world too.

http://www.druidry.org/druid-way/teaching-and-practice/druid-animal-lore

The relief’s (carvings) on the pillars include foxes, lions, cattle, wild boars, herons, ducks, scorpions, ants and snakes. Some of the relief’s had been deliberately erased, maybe in preparation for new pictures. There are freestanding sculptures as well, that may represent wild boars or foxes. Comparable statues have been discovered in Nevalı Çori and Nahal Hemar.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Anatolia_Turkey.htm

lots of the same animals deemed important by Druids and whoever built Gobleki tepe

From Cave Paintings to the Internet

From Cave Paintings to the Internet cannot save you from information overload and offers no panacea for information insufficiency. Using Internet technology, it is designed to help you follow the development of information and media, and attitudes about them, from the beginning of records to the present. Containing annotated references to discoveries, developments of a social, scientific, theoretical or technological nature, as well as references to physical books, documents, artifacts, art works, and to websites and other digital media, it arranges, both chronologically and thematically, selected historical examples and recent developments of the methods used to record, distribute, exchange, organize, store, and search information. The database is designed to allow you to approach the topics in a wide variety of ways.

http://www.historyofinformation.com/index.php

This looks like a really cool site I just came across it on ATS

Mysterious ancient Stone Chambers of New England

He comapres some of them to irish stone sites

he also gets into giants with double rows of teeth

Gigantism results when a growth hormone–secreting pituitary adenoma is present before epiphyseal fusion. In 1909, when Harvey Cushing examined the skeleton of an Irish patient who lived from 1761 to 1783,1-3 he noted an enlarged pituitary fossa. We extracted DNA from the patient's teeth and identified a germline mutation in the aryl hydrocarbon–interacting protein gene (AIP). Four contemporary Northern Irish families who presented with gigantism, acromegaly, or prolactinoma have the same mutation and haplotype associated with the mutated gene. Using coalescent theory, we infer that these persons share a common ancestor who lived about 57 to 66 generations earlier.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1008020

Familiar with Ireland's folkloric history as a home to giants, researcher Dr. Marta Korbonits, a professor of endocrinology and metabolism at Barts and the London School of Medicine, looked to the past and found a genetic link connecting four modern-day Northern Ireland families with one of the nation's most famous titans.

Korbonits and crew used DNA extracted from the teeth of Charles Byrne, a 7-foot-7 giant who made a big impression in London during the 18th century, to discover a genetic mutation for the pituitary problem.

In addition, they were able to connect that mutation with four modern-day Northern Ireland families, including Brendan Holland, a 6-foot-9 giant who, according to the "Today" show, would have grown to 8 feet had his tumor not been treated with radiation at the age of 19.

"I consider myself extraordinarily lucky," Holland told "Today" show correspondent Michelle Kosinski.

Holland and Byrne's inherited gene mutation for gigantism has even deeper roots: a common ancestor who lived an estimated 1,425-1,650 years earlier -- or 57-66 generations ago.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/20/legends-of-irish-giants-are-more-than-tall-tales/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

I watched 2 of those Michael Tsarion vids yesterday. It's tough going simply because there's so much information to take in.....and I was stopping and starting to check things myself.

I dunno though, wouldn't it be pretty cool if it were true?
    Ireland led the world and spread ancient teachings. The symbolism and etymology is incredibly interesting.
    Do any of you guys know some more sites/book where I can find out more?
    Do some more digging like.

I watched 2 of those Michael Tsarion vids yesterday. It's tough going simply because there's so much information to take in.....and I was stopping and starting to check things myself.

I dunno though, wouldn't it be pretty cool if it were true?
    Ireland led the world and spread ancient teachings. The symbolism and etymology is incredibly interesting.
    Do any of you guys know some more sites/book where I can find out more?
    Do some more digging like.

I know what you mean it is tough going alright :) I found that while I was pondering what he had said I was missing other parts

here,s a couple of links I havent really gone through them but they look interesting

http://abundanthope.net/pages/Political_Information_43/The-Irish-Origins-of-Civilization-The-Servants-of-Truth-Druidic-Traditions-and-Influence-Explored.shtml

http://atlantisinireland.com/DNA/European_DNA.php

http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/T100054/index.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/atl/ataw/index.htm

http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/idr/index.htm

Below you will find an Online Index to the Lebor Gab?la ?renn, based on R.A.S. Macalister's translations and notes, and compiled by Michael Murphy, New York,

http://www.ucc.ie/celt/indexLG.html

Macalister was head of the PEF in Palestine in 1900,s so Im not sure I would put much stock in his opinion the foundation of PEF seem to be littered with Freemasons and Zionists but thats just my opinion
    I find it interesting that he moved from there to hill of Tara

One of his excavations Gezar
    Discoveries related to biblical archaeology are eight monumental megaliths; a double cave beneath the high place, probably used for divinatory purposes; 13 inscribed boundary stones, making it the first positively identified Biblical city; a six-chambered gate similar to those found at Hazor and Megiddo; and a large water system comprising a tunnel going down to a spring, similar to that found in Jerusalem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gezer

350px-Gezer-Stone-steles.jpg

The CT in me makes me wonder did he find a link to Ireland there ?
    must try and find what was inscribed on the boundary stones (also I read somewhere else that there was 10 standing stones)

I hope you post anything interesting you come across

The Sorcerer

The image, which Breuil made famous, has been variously interpreted as some kind of great spirit or master of animals, or a shaman performing a ritual to ensure good hunting. Whatever its original meaning to prehistoric people, it is generally agreed that this was a cult object of great significance to the people who used the cave

http://www.historyofinformation.com/expanded.php?id=3221

the_sorcerer-small.jpg

220px-Pintura_Trois_Freres.jpg

Sketch of Breuil's drawing

The Sorcerer is one name for an enigmatic cave painting found in the cavern known as 'The Sanctuary' at Trois-Frères, Ariège, France, made around 13,000 BC. The figure's significance is unknown, but it is usually interpreted as some kind of great spirit or master of the animals. The unusual nature of The Sanctuary's decoration may also reflect the practice of magical ceremonies in the chamber.[1] In his sketches of the cave art, Henri Breuil drew a horned humanoid torso and the publication of this drawing in the 1920s[2] influenced many subsequent theories about the figure.[3] However, Breuil's sketch has also come under criticism in recent years.[4] A single prominent human figure is unusual in the cave paintings of the Upper Paleolithic, where the great majority of representations are of animals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sorcerer_%28cave_art%29

could this have been the forerunner of Cernunnos

316px-Detail_of_antlered_figure_on_the_Gundestrup_Cauldron.jpg

Cernunnos is the conventional name given in Celtic studies to depictions of the horned god of Celtic polytheism. The name itself is only attested once, on the 1st-century Pillar of the Boatmen, but depictions of a horned or antlered figure, often seated cross-legged and often associated with animals and holding or wearing torcs, are known from other instances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos
    Cernunnos. Known to the Druids as Hu Gadarn. God of the underworld and astral planes

Cernunnos is a member of the Tuatha de Danaan, his exact location in the family tree of the Celtic gods, however, is a matter of debate.

Cernunnos was worshipped as a forest deity, but he was also a psychopompus (a guider of souls/spirits) who escorted the dead to the afterlife. Cernunnos was of such importance to the Celts that they tried to establish him as a national god rather than a local one and regulate the fragmented Celtic deities into a true pantheon. The Romans occupying Britain placed his image on coins.

http://amayodruid.blogspot.ie/2010/10/cernunnos-horned-god-hu-gadarn.html

Cernunnos a god of the Tuatha de Danaan who inhabited Tory Island where there is a Tau Cross
    12000 year old cave art same time period as Gobleki Tepe (Tau Crosses) ?

Did the Druids/Ancient Irish stop by that cave on their way east ?

How are they able to reliably estimate the dates of the paintings?

• Advertisement

How are they able to reliably estimate the dates of the paintings?

Good question
    I know very little about all this stuff maybe they can date the pigments charcoal etc ?

Here is another interesting stone circle

The Island of Er Lannic in the Golfe de Morbihan has a circle of stones (cromlech) on its southeastern side, half of which is submerged at high tide.

If you look carefully there is a second stone circle completely submerged off the coast, making a figure-of-eight pattern with the first.

Er_Lannic_Aerial_3.jpg

DerMenschderVor00Ober_0591.jpg

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=9253

So we had some level of intelligence before the sea rose above these points. What dates do we have on these? Ya know where i'm going with this, right?

So we had some level of intelligence before the sea rose above these points. What dates do we have on these? Ya know where i'm going with this, right?

On the islet of Er Lannic, 500m (0.3mi) south of Gavrinis, there are two stone circles, both made of some 60 stones. They are now half submerged by the waters of the Gulf of Morbihan, but in prehistoric times they stood on the mainland. Only the northern circle can be seen, the southern one being entirely submerged.
    Er Lannic is now a Bird Reserve and cannot be visited, so the northern stone circle is visible only from the air or by boat (the boat to Gavrinis passes nearby: Don't forget your binoculars for a good view). This circle, half submerged, is 65m (213ft) in diameter and its stones are 2 to 5.4m (6.5 to 17.7ft) high.
    The site was excavated in the 20s by Zacharie Le Rouzic, who calculated that Er Lannic had been erected about 5000 years ago. He found around each stone a cist containing charcoal, animal bones, worked flints, pottery, and a lot of polished axes. Two stones are carved with axes and a yoke, and one of the uprights' packing stones has nine cupmarks (according to Le Rouzic, arranged to form the outline of the constellation Ursa Major). The southern submerged stone circle is horseshoe-shaped open to the east, 61m (200ft) in diameter.
    Two outlying stones, now fallen and below the water, lie east and west 50m (164ft) and 90m (295ft) from the circle, on a line tangent to the visible ring's northern corner, marked by the highest stone of the circle (5.4m - 17.7ft). At the southern tip of the submerged horseshoe there was a great pillar called the blacksmith's stone by fishermen. These lines to cardinal points had probably some astronomical connections, presumably to the moonsets.

http://www.stonepages.com/france/erlannic.html

According to this its 5000 years old do you think it could be older ?

By the mid-Holocene period, 6000-5000 years ago, glacial melting had essentially ceased, while ongoing adjustments of Earth's lithosphere due to removal of the ice sheets gradually decreased over time. Thus, sea level continued to drop in formerly glaciated regions and rise in areas peripheral to the former ice sheets. At many low-latitude ocean islands and coastal sites distant from the effects of glaciation, sea level stood several meters higher than present during the mid-Holocene and has been falling ever since. This phenomenon is due to lithospheric responses to changes in ice and water loading. Water is "siphoned" away from the central equatorial ocean basins into depressed areas peripheral to long-gone ice sheets. Loading by meltwater that has been added to the oceans also depresses far-field continental shelves, tilting the shoreline upward and thus lowering local sea level. Over the past few thousand years, the rate of sea level rise remained fairly low, probably not exceeding a few tenths of a millimeter per year

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/gornitz_09/

does this help determine when it was covered

Fcukin disgrace

Nevalı Çori was an early Neolithic settlement on the middle Euphrates, in the province of Şanlıurfa (Urfa), eastern Turkey. The site is famous for having revealed some of the world's most ancient known temples and monumental sculpture. Together with the site of Göbekli Tepe, it has revolutionised scientific understanding of the Eurasian Neolithic.

The settlement was located about 490 m above sea level, in the foothills of the Taurus Mountains, on both banks of the Kantara stream, a tributary of the Euphrates.

The site was examined from 1983 to 1991 in the context of rescue excavations during the erection of the Atatürk Dam below Samsat. Excavations were conducted by a team from the University of Heidelberg under the direction of Professor Harald Hauptmann. Together with numerous other archaeological sites in the vicinity, Nevalı Çori has since been inundated by the dammed waters of the Euphrates

@35.25 in video below is a photo of Navali Cori

Also @ 09.57 in the vid what type of belt are they depicting. It seem a very intricate type of belt and buckle for the stone age it almost looks if parts were made of metal ?

What are they trying to hide ?

^^^^^
    Systematic Destruction of History.:mad:

That belt in the carving does seem a bit advanced.
    But then again I havent seen a good answer for how they know when it was carved.

That belt in the carving does seem a bit advanced.
    But then again I havent seen a good answer for how they know when it was carved.

Im guessing that they dated the construction of the site at 12000 yrs with carbon dating and other methods
    And comparing it to to the site that was flooded lending support to their time frame
    So if you presume that the carvings would not be done while the stones are in situ because of breakages / errors etc

I guess you could conclude that they were carved prior to been erected which would give the date of of about 12000 years

Do you have a CT angle that the dates are being manipulated for some other reason ?

^^^^^
    Systematic Destruction of History.:mad:

It certainly looks that way

And if a war breaks out between Syria and Turkey chances are it could be obliterated entirely as it is right on the border.

turkey-deployment.jpg

• Advertisement

Round and round in circles we go. It's infuriating! There are those among us that have no direction, no sense of respect for history. Only war.
    Where's the water flouridation when you need it? They are all bonkers down there!

Advertisement