Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Warriors got a real beat down last night, missing lots of players, but still embarrassing.

Just read some of the messages, I really don’t get how people are defending KD, look it’s all a bunch of nothing at the end of the day but KD is just so god damn sensitive it’s insane.
    One of the all time greats but some of his decision making is questionable, he lets a lot of thing float around in grey area.
    He joins Warriors to win rings, he does this and they have one of the greatest teams ever, cool, then he leaves either because Draymond was mean to him or was never going to be the fan favorite like Curry is, he wanted to win on his own but creates another super team, I don’t get it, he is obviously free to do what he wants but sometimes you feel like he doesn’t tell the truth
    Then he gets into these dumb arguments online because his feelings are hurt, and his trash talk was pretty weak also in those messages

It was also a pretty pathetic apology - of the “I’m sorry if you were offended” type, not “I’m sorry for what I said”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors got a real beat down last night, missing lots of players, but still embarrassing.

Yea, pretty embarrassing to be fair, no Curry or Green but still shouldn’t be losing like that

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watching the cbb semi- finals and I think Suggs should be the no. 1 pick in the draft. He's just a player, he can do everything and his iq is off the charts.
    I've seen him a few times but tonight is a tough game and he's showing up.

OMG, I said that about Suggs. Just see the final play of the game. That's Gonzaga vs UCLA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I don't think teams would take him with Cunningham and Green on the table. He looks a right good player though. This draft looks very deep and anyone who lands a top 5 pick shouldn't end up too disappointed.

You’d be mad to take a player who has gotten very hot in the tournament, it rarely works out well. You see it in soccer a lot too after world cups, teams buy a guy who wins the golden boot or has a great tournament and then basically flops.

DiVincenzo was the last guy who got a tournament bounce. Had a great final four and jumped way up in the draft. He’s solid, but that’s about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

You’d be mad to take a player who has gotten very hot in the tournament, it rarely works out well. You see it in soccer a lot too after world cups, teams buy a guy who wins the golden boot or has a great tournament and then basically flops.

DiVincenzo was the last guy who got a tournament bounce. Had a great final four and jumped way up in the draft. He’s solid, but that’s about it.

Juzang looks like he's played himself into getting drafted. Would be worth a chance in the 2nd round.

Who are you referring to whose got hot in the tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bulls really putting it up to Nets.

Up 11 at half time.

I'm loving having NBA League Pass for Sundays.

Back to back to back games. With the bank holiday tomorrow, could even throw in a fourth.

• Advertisement

Lakers losing to the Clippers, likely to drop to 6th in the conference tonight if they lose. They could be in 7th very soon with the way Dallas are playing, though Dallas have Utah and Philly next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Lakers losing to the Clippers, likely to drop to 6th in the conference tonight if they lose. They could be in 7th very soon with the way Dallas are playing, though Dallas have Utah and Philly next week.

They are also just 1.5 games off 3rd spot, if only they could get their big names back.

Any update on when AD is back? I know LeBron is still a couple of weeks out from returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

killwill wrote: »
    They are also just 1.5 games off 3rd spot, if only they could get their big names back.

Any update on when AD is back? I know LeBron is still a couple of weeks out from returning.

It’s been about 2 weeks for a few weeks. I do worry he’s not fit at all and is going to struggle on his return.

Bulls really putting it up to Nets.

Up 11 at half time.

I'm loving having NBA League Pass for Sundays.

Back to back to back games. With the bank holiday tomorrow, could even throw in a fourth.

Backed the Bulls as soon as I seen Griffin and LMA in the starting line up. Two absolute traffic cones in defence and Satoransky made easy work at times

Who do you think from the East matches up best with the Nets come play off time between Bucks and 76ers? (

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Corvo wrote: »
    Who do you think from the East matches up best with the Nets come play off time between Bucks and 76ers? (

After last years collapse I don't trust the Buck's at all. It really comes down to offense, and in my opinion they won't have enough,regardless of what the regular season says. The 76ers on the other hand(if Embiid can stay on the floor) are a decent match for the Nets with Simmons being such a strong perimeter defender and Embiid giving nothing easy in the middle.

Lakers battering the Nets in Brooklyn. Up by 22 with eight minutes left in the fourth.

Drummond 20 points so far, McLemore 14 points in 15 minutes. Irving and Schroder both ejected in the third for double technical s.

buyer95 wrote: »
    After last years collapse I don't trust the Buck's at all. It really comes down to offense, and in my opinion they won't have enough,regardless of what the regular season says. The 76ers on the other hand(if Embiid can stay on the floor) are a decent match for the Nets with Simmons being such a strong perimeter defender and Embiid giving nothing easy in the middle.

+1 on this. The 76ers pose the biggest threat to the Nets IMO. That said, that doesn’t mean they’ll beat the Bucks if they play them, it’s just that they pose a lot more problems match up wise for the Nets than the Bucks will.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lakers battering the Nets in Brooklyn. Up by 22 with eight minutes left in the fourth.

Drummond 20 points so far, McLemore 14 points in 15 minutes. Irving and Schroder both ejected in the third for double technical s.

That loss and Philly winning has cost Brooklyn the #1 seed for the moment. Could prove very costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

The nets should have found a way to keep Jarret Allen, he is a great young player...playing very well for Cleveland and was doing a solid job for the nets before he was included in the harden trade.

Drummond looks a great fit with the Lakers especially when AD and LeBron come back as well

• Advertisement

jk23 wrote: »
    The nets should have found a way to keep Jarret Allen, he is a great young player...playing very well for Cleveland and was doing a solid job for the nets before he was included in the harden trade.

Drummond looks a great fit with the Lakers especially when AD and LeBron come back as well

They tried everything to be fair.

Somehow missed it that Ksnter pulled down 30 rebounds last night....wow.

Kyrie out again for personal reasons.

Steph Curry passes Wilt Chamberlain as Warriors all time points scorer, pretty remarkable achievement, arguably the greatest shooter of all time but he can score from any part of the floor, he gets to the basket a lot. He is such an incredible person in and off the court.

Murray looked to have a bad injury, knee went out as he went to basket, be surprised if he plays again this season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Murray looked to have a bad injury, knee went out as he went to basket, be surprised if he plays again this season
    Initial reports suggest it might have been a hyperextension of his left knee. That was the injury that took Embid out for a month wasn't it?

Top Dog wrote: »
    Initial reports suggest it might have been a hyperextension of his left knee. That was the injury that took Embid out for a month wasn't it?

Haven’t read any reports but that looks a lot worse than a hyperextended knee.
    Shame for Denver, they were looking very good with the addition of Gordon and what he was bringing defensively in particular.

Hmm. Was just reading that they had rested Murray for the last few games due to knee soreness. That is not a good look for the Denver medical team if they cleared him, though I don’t know the whole facts of course and also as a former player it’s very hard not to play in big games even if you know you’re not 100%. The decision to play could have been his.

I’ve looked at it a few times now. Based on the fact that it was a non-contact play and the way he went down I’d be inclined to think that’s a torn ACL. :(

Hmm. Was just reading that they had rested Murray for the last few games due to knee soreness. That is not a good look for the Denver medical team if they cleared him, though I don’t know the whole facts of course and also as a former player it’s very hard not to play in big games even if you know you’re not 100%. The decision to play could have been his.

I’ve looked at it a few times now. Based on the fact that it was a non-contact play and the way he went down I’d be inclined to think that’s a torn ACL. :(

Just confirmed and you are unfortunately correct.

Huge loss for Denver

Corvo wrote: »
    Just confirmed and you are unfortunately correct.

Huge loss for Denver

Just read that. Awful for him and Denver, a team I’ve seen many times in the flesh (work-related).

Had a suspicion the second I saw it from the way it gave way and his reaction. :(

• Advertisement

Watched OKC last night, wow, they are pretty bad, that franchise might struggle for a long time, you can have as many draft picks as you want but no superstars want to go there, get them back to Seattle I say !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement