Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 561: 13/2/21 - 19/2/21

• 21-03-2021 9:44pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

NEW WAVE
    GEen7pg.jpg

IN A FIRST SINCE I'VE BEEN PUTTING UP POTWs, THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH SHOTS IN THIS WEEK PERIOD TO ASSIGN HONOURABLE MENTIONS TO FOUR OTHERS. IN FACT, ONLY ONE OTHER POSTER POSTED DURING THESE DATES. SO IN A (ONE-OFF) BREAK FROM THE RULES (WHERE NO POSTER CAN HAVE MORE THAN ONE SHOT FEATURING IN POTW) I'M GOING TO PUT UP THE SHOTS FOR THAT WEEK, THREE OF WHICH BELONG TO NEW WAVE.

DID manna452121 put the kiss of death on it???

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

NEW WAVE
    5eH0NAd.jpg

NEW WAVE
    J00ZS4w.jpg

manna452121
    50953423392_8ca30fac7a_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS NEW WAVE
    Any info on the winning shot would be much appreciated.
    WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Thanks to Myksyk for all the effort he puts in on running this thread and also congrats to manna 452121 for the rave from the grave photo. This photo of the heron with fish was taken on the river Boyne a favourite spot of mine for heron fishing. To get there takes an hour at my slow pace. Normally I would spend between two or three hours there and nearly always come away like the heron with a good catch. The camera used was a Nikon d500 with a 200 -500 mm f5.6 lens resulting in 750 mm focal length on a tripod with gimbal. The heron is on the opposite side of the river a distance of 75 m and fishes close to the edge of the waterfall . The hard part is watching the heron waiting to pounce on the fish as you have to have your eye to the camera ready to capture the shot. This shot was taken in good light for a change, settings were
    1/1250 sec f8 ISO 450 exposure compensation of -0.7 of a stop to reduce over exposure of white highlights on heron. Processed in Lightroom and Affinity Photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rikp2005

I would possibly enter into the POTW but; A - I don't know how to, and; B- I don't know the rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Myksyk wrote: »
    IN A FIRST SINCE I'VE BEEN PUTTING UP POTWs, THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH SHOTS IN THIS WEEK PERIOD TO ASSIGN HONOURABLE MENTIONS TO FOUR OTHERS. IN FACT, ONLY ONE OTHER POSTER POSTED DURING THESE DATES.

Would it be possible for entries to the photo challenge thread to be automatically cloned into the Random Photos thread? I know that some of us post on both threads pictures that we're particularly pleased with, but not always. Chances are a Random Photo pic won't meet the criteria for the Challenge; but any Challenge pic would surely count as "Random" :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Rikp2005 wrote: »
    I would possibly enter into the POTW but; A - I don't know how to, and; B- I don't know the rules!

The Random thread rules explain it ... Any picture you put on Random Photos is in consideration for Picture of the Week. The shot with the most thanks over a four week period receives the POTW.

Advertisement