Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House Viewings during lockdown

• 01-02-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

Are you allowed view properties at the moment and have an agent to your home for valuation purposes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I believe so - we're going to view a property today

Depends. Some people will let you in, some won't.

MacDanger wrote: »
    I believe so - we're going to view a property today

What estate agent is doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There’s a virtual tour online but not prepared to make an offer without seeing it in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

I've been wanting to view a particular house but the estate agent has advised me that they are doing no viewings until March 5th!.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bubblypop wrote: »
    What estate agent is doing this?

Nice try Mr. Garda :)

Gumbo wrote: »
    Nice try Mr. Garda :)

You think it's fair that some estate agents are showing some people properties, while those who are sticking to the rules dont?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭pooch90

Viewings aren't meant to go ahead until March 5th, unless sale agreed. Obviously some agents will flaunt this (one close to me is) but majority aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I didn't realise that viewings weren't permitted tbh - we were asked for proof of funds beforehand but other than that, it was as normal; the estate agent stayed outside and we went inside, then we spoke outside afterwards. They shouldn't be doing it though if it's not within the regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are you allowed view properties at the moment and have an agent to your home for valuation purposes?

Just an note on this. The estate agent i was talking to is not doing viewings until March 5th but she did mention that they are doing some valuation work. So perhaps valuations can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

paddyman wrote: »
    Just an note on this. The estate agent i was talking to is not doing viewings until March 5th but she did mention that they are doing some valuation work. So perhaps valuations can be done.

Valuation for the purpose of putting the property on the market is allowed. No one should be present during the valuation other than the valuer. As stated above only online viewings are permitted unless sale agreed. That’s why very few properties coming to market this month. Some agents will flaunt the rules but should be reported to their regulator the psra.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When they do go ahead how many people are allowed?

Advertisement