Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show: April 5th 2013. Starring Tom Cruise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Come on you knowledgable lot - who else is on tonight? Im in the audience! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

someone former tv announcer tamara something - worked for itv or similar in the past apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

kj72 wrote: »
    someone former tv announcer tamara something - worked for itv or similar in the past apparently!

Back to the Z-listers so.... and it was all going so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

John Lonergan, that clown who used to run Mountjoy like a creche, is on to plug his new show which 'helps eight young people from disadvantaged communities in Dublin gain valuable life skills by attending the Belfast Community Circus School. The programme follows the teenagers as they prepare for a St Patrick's Day performance, offering an insight into the highs and lows of their experiences'

Is there no-one hanging around the Canteen they could drag in instead?

Also something about New media with Lauren Fisher, founder of Simplyzesty.com and others.

Or Tom Cruise is also on Graham Norton at 10.35pm if you want to compare and contrast his interview with Tubby's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is Norton live or recorded does anyone know?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Is Norton live or recorded does anyone know?

Always recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid X wrote: »
    Always recorded and highly entertaining :)

Sorry Skid, fyp ! :)

Always recorded and highly entertaining
    Lisha wrote: »
    Sorry Skid, fyp ! :)

:D For a minute I thought you had me talking about the LLS, Lisha :eek:. In that case I would have said ...
    Occasionally recorded and very rarely entertaining

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It looks like it's going to be Oirish Oirish Oirish all the way....

http://www.thejournal.ie/tom-cruise-from-action-hero-to-famine-hero-857033-Apr2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Free personality test for everyone in the audience?

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    If Tom Cruise was a big Arsenal fan would he be called a Top Gunner ?

:pac:

Where's my coat? :o

You think that's bad :pac: ...

I heard a group of Tom Cruise fans have organised a boat trip. They persuaded a Sat Nav Company to sponsor the tour.

It's the
    Tom Tom Tom Cruise Cruise
    :o

I won't even bother taking my coat off ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Looking forward to tonight guys - this thread should be more entertaining than ever! :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tom Cruise is also on Graham Norton at 10.35pm if you want to compare and contrast his interview with Tubby's.

I'm actually looking forward to doing just that.

So are most of the rest of you here if the truth be told. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

This is the first time in ages where I actually want to watch the Late Late show now. I know they had Hollywood stars before, but they were always average stars or guys who haven't been in anything major in ages.

But Tom, love him or hate him (IMO, I saw him on graham norton's show and he actually comes across as a decent, nice guy so shouldn't believe everything in the tabloids) is a still a big major star to appear on the Late Late so think it will be worth it to watch it tonight. Just hope they don't leave the interview last minute or il end up forgetting.

Also does anyone know why Tom and co. decided to come to Ireland for the Irish premiere? Whenever there is a major premiere, only the little known cast go to it, while Irish celebs turn up too. So was kinda shocked to hear that Tom, Olga and Andrea wanted to come for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 425 ✭✭Dreamertime

Dovies wrote: »
    Come on you knowledgable lot - who else is on tonight? Im in the audience! :D

Send Ryan our love...;)

Music tonight from UK Indie Neo Synth Popsters Bastille.

rox5 wrote: »
    Also does anyone know why Tom and co. decided to come to Ireland for the Irish premiere? Whenever there is a major premiere, only the little known cast go to it, while Irish celebs turn up too. So was kinda shocked to hear that Tom, Olga and Andrea wanted to come for it.

Tom is researching his Irish ancestry.
    Music tonight from UK Indie Neo Synth Popsters Bastille.

And that'll be the switch over to Adam and Paul point for me I'd imagine!

Turgid f*ckin' sh1te!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Turgid f*ckin' sh1te!

That's exactly how I would describe 'Adam and Paul', but there is no accounting for taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Tom is researching his Irish ancestry.

Oh he wanted to research his ancestry? I thought he just decided to come here for his premiere and because he is such a big star, the people of The Gathering took it upon themselves to research it and give it to him.

• Advertisement

Oh he wanted to research his ancestry? I thought he just decided to come here for his premiere and because he is such a big star, the people of The Gathering took it upon themselves to research it and give it to him.

Sssshhhhh.... don't let the secret out. Tom's visit is going to get us out of the recession!

That's exactly how I would describe 'Adam and Paul', but there is no accounting for taste!

There's certainly no accounting for the people who don't have any!

twitter.jpg

There's certainly no accounting for the people who don't have any!

Don't be so hard on yourself :D

Don't be so hard on yourself :D

That's almost a 'I know you are but what am I?' comeback.

Almost a classic.

Almost....

That's almost a 'I know you are but what am I?' comeback.

Almost a classic.

Almost....

Ah sure, nothing like a verbal joust with a worthy opponent to fill the time before Tom Cruise starts ....

You wouldn't happen to know any, would you?

(Only joking, well played!)

Bring on the midget with the fake teeth I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

This is the first time in ages where I actually want to watch the Late Late show now. I know they had Hollywood stars before, but they were always average stars or guys who haven't been in anything major in ages.

But Tom, love him or hate him (IMO, I saw him on graham norton's show and he actually comes across as a decent, nice guy so shouldn't believe everything in the tabloids) is a still a big major star to appear on the Late Late so think it will be worth it to watch it tonight. Just hope they don't leave the interview last minute or il end up forgetting.

Here was me thinking that everything in the tabloids was the truth, now it might be all lies! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Thomás Cruise! Taispeáin dom an t-airgead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Been in and gone:) Nice guy!!RgPB2FD.jpg

Nice plug for Michael Moore Car Sales! At least we are giving a bit of business to the Germans. Gee ! he has no problem travelling in an 07 Reg ! Great !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Okay warning y'all now I loooooooovvvve Tom Cruise!

Advertisement