Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Minor accident (my fault), do I wait for him to claim on my insurance or report it?

• 03-05-2021 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭

I was reversing in a cul de sac and the left hand corner of my bumper hit the left corner of his bumper. There was a minor scratch from my break light on his bumper he said he didn't care about , it was more the skirt that had popped out slightly ( there were no other visible marks or dents) . We exchanged insurance details and went our separate ways. Given it was my fault is the onus on me to report it to my insurance company, or should I wait to see if he makes a claim as he may just be able to pop the skirt back in himself and not bother. If I report it and he doesn't make a claim , do I still lose my no claims bonus ? . If I don't report and he does claim , do I get penalised and lose my no claims bonus ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I think you're obliged to report it to your insurance company.

Were the guards at the scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

lawred2 wrote: »
    I think you're obliged to report it to your insurance company.

Were the guards at the scene?

No it was so minor , neither of us deemed it necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Notify your insurers for record purposes. If nothing gets paid out, you do not lose your bonus or get penalised in any way

Advertisement