Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bose QC 35 180 delivered to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SandyMac1234

Nice tidy set. But looks like there second hand at that price? Or did I miss the new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Nice tidy set. But looks like there second hand at that price? Or did I miss the new ones?

I got a new one, jeez I better check now

The silver ones are new and are in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Got a pair of refurb QC35II's in 2019 from Bose and they still are a joy.

199.95:
    https://www.bose.ie/en_ie/products/headphones_outlet/quietcomfort-35-wireless-ii-fr.html#v=qc35_ii_fr_black

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had a pair of the original qc35's for about 4.5 years and the on/off button stopped working recently. You couldn't turn them off so they wouldn't hold a charge for very long. I called up Bose and they just said send them back to us and we'll send you a brand new pair of qc35 ii's... which is exactly what happened. I know the Sony's have a better reputation these days but I can't fault that customer service, I should get 10+ years out of that purchase now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Still a marginal call on the Sonys. The Bose are great too.

Still a marginal call on the Sonys. The Bose are great too.

At 180 delivered to Ireland for the Bose QC35 is Sony really in contention. Btw I love what Sony are doing so I’m not anti Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

Ordered a pair on Wednesday, due for delivery on Saturday. Make sure to select priority delivery as it is only a few cents more than standard.
    Had to replace my aging qc25’s.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bought 2. Due on the 7th. Had my eye on these for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

I had a pair of the original qc35's for about 4.5 years and the on/off button stopped working recently. You couldn't turn them off so they wouldn't hold a charge for very long. I called up Bose and they just said send them back to us and we'll send you a brand new pair of qc35 ii's... which is exactly what happened. I know the Sony's have a better reputation these days but I can't fault that customer service, I should get 10+ years out of that purchase now.

Did you just reach out to customer support on the Irish site or how did you go about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

I hate Bargain alerts, I don't need these but I still ordered them.

dmn22 wrote: »
    Did you just reach out to customer support on the Irish site or how did you go about this?

Yes, called the Irish support number. Had to spend a good 20 minutes on the phone running a test with the support operator to confirm there was genuinely an issue. After that she was happy to process a return order, I got a mail with a UPS shipping label and had to arrange for UPS to pick them up myself. From me arranging that pickup to getting the new pair of headphones was maybe two weeks.

The above is just because the shops are closed here now, I believe you can just walk into a Bose store (there's one in Dundrum near me) and explain your problem and there's a good chance they'll just replace them for you there and then. I have a friend who bought a pair of the original QC35s just before I did and he had a few issues with them, he had more than one pair replaced by the shop in Dundrum. The issue I had is a common fault on the original QC35s apparently which is why Bose agreed to replace them even though they were years out of warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

It would be great if you could detail for other board users how you managed to achieve this.
    Bose offer a two year no quibble warranty on their products.

In my experience I had 2 faulty bose qc35 mk1 replaced within warranty only for my last pair to go faulty after warranty had ended (from the purchase of my first pair to the second replacement was approx 3 years).

They said they would not replace them, only offered me a 20% discount on a new pair. I tried bose customer support numerous times and sent 3 emails to technical support as advised by bose Customer support but they would not budge.
    Glad you got sorted out but after the experience I had I would never buy a bose product again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

The above is just because the shops are closed here now, I believe you can just walk into a Bose store (there's one in Dundrum near me) and explain your problem and there's a good chance they'll just replace them for you there and then. I have a friend who bought a pair of the original QC35s just before I did and he had a few issues with them, he had more than one pair replaced by the shop in Dundrum. The issue I had is a common fault on the original QC35s apparently which is why Bose agreed to replace them even though they were years out of warranty.

Bose in Dundrum is permanently closed.

https://www.joe.ie/tech/bose-store-closures-691059

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Had been planning on picking up a pair of good headphones for a gift for someone in the next week or so, so this was brilliant timing!

Delivered today, brand new not refurbished. Great bargain:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

pat1981 wrote: »
    It would be great if you could detail for other board users how you managed to achieve this.
    Bose offer a two year no quibble warranty on their products.

In my experience I had 2 faulty bose qc35 mk1 replaced within warranty only for my last pair to go faulty after warranty had ended (from the purchase of my first pair to the second replacement was approx 3 years).

They said they would not replace them, only offered me a 20% discount on a new pair. I tried bose customer support numerous times and sent 3 emails to technical support as advised by bose Customer support but they would not budge.
    Glad you got sorted out but after the experience I had I would never buy a bose product again.

An I reading this right? They replaced your headphones *twice* and you're complaining that they didn't replace them a third time after the warranty had expired?

An I reading this right? They replaced your headphones *twice* and you're complaining that they didn't replace them a third time after the warranty had expired?

When you buy a premium product my expectation is to enjoy them for many many years. The fact two pairs were replaced and the third pair developed the same common fault as the board member had after the warranty ended( I only had these about a year) certainly did not meet my expectations and I contacted Bose regarding this. I don’t get your point about warranty, it wasn’t my fault that 3 headphones were faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Mav11 wrote: »

What colour did you get?

markad1 wrote: »
    What colour did you get?

Black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭EarWig

How well do they compare just in terms of noise cancelling to the 700?

When you buy a premium product my expectation is to enjoy them for many many years. The fact two pairs were replaced and the third pair developed the same common fault as the board member had after the warranty ended( I only had these about a year) certainly did not meet my expectations and I contacted Bose regarding this. I don’t get your point about warranty, it wasn’t my fault that 3 headphones were faulty.

To be fair the friend I know who also owned these had a similar experience of having more than one pair replaced under warranty so possibly there are quality issues there. He gave up and sold his and bought the Sony's instead eventually.

If it was the on/off switch problem you had and you still have the headphones it might be worth trying them again. When I googled the issue the first thing I found was some thread where the first reply said that's a common fault and Bose will replace them for you even out of warranty, which is exactly how it went for me. Possibly they changed their policy there after numerous failures.

To be fair the friend I know who also owned these had a similar experience of having more than one pair replaced under warranty so possibly there are quality issues there. He gave up and sold his and bought the Sony's instead eventually.

If it was the on/off switch problem you had and you still have the headphones it might be worth trying them again. When I googled the issue the first thing I found was some thread where the first reply said that's a common fault and Bose will replace them for you even out of warranty, which is exactly how it went for me. Possibly they changed their policy there after numerous failures.

I followed your advice and contacted bose today. Your right they have recognised this fault with the switch and will replace my headphones with the qc35s mk2 foc with one year warranty. I haven't decided if i'll keep them but anyways a big thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I followed your advice and contacted bose today. Your right they have recognised this fault with the switch and will replace my headphones with the qc35s mk2 foc with one year warranty. I haven't decided if i'll keep them but anyways a big thank you.

I was on to the phone support about a speaker which they agreed to repair, and I had to return my speaker for repair.

The .ie site had no facility to return and I went to the .co.uk site.

It would only allow a UK address, I put in my Irish address and I printed a return label.

I think the return label is expecting to be dropped at a UK / NI UPS depot, how did you return your headphones. Sorry for hijacking this thread, just not sure what to do next.

dingding wrote: »
    I was on to the phone support about a speaker which they agreed to repair, and I had to return my speaker for repair.

The .ie site had no facility to return and I went to the .co.uk site.

It would only allow a UK address, I put in my Irish address and I printed a return label.

I think the return label is expecting to be dropped at a UK / NI UPS depot, how did you return your headphones. Sorry for hijacking this thread, just not sure what to do next.

When you print the return label there is a list of locations you can drop your item to, or you can ring ups in Dublin and they will collect item from the address you gave in Ireland. They will ask for your tracking number on the printed label.

Mine arrived today, delighted with them. Never ordered from .es but it was pretty seemless. hope I wont need to contact Bose but good to know from the details in this thread

Yeah I toyed with the idea of selling my replacement pair and buying the Sony's instead, but Google gave these away for free with their new pixel phones this year so there were already a few unopened pairs on adverts going for not much over €100. €200 to upgrade... didn't seem worth it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Mav11 wrote: »

How long did the delivery take overall?

Klopp wrote: »

took me a 7-8 days

• Advertisement

Klopp wrote: »

It was surprisingly quick, 4 days as I remember. Make sure to select premium delivery, it was only a few cent more than standard delivery.

Advertisement