Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2021

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Bambinoonboard

Hello laugh a minute, that is fantastic news for you. How relieving. I had mine as well, and I feel happier - thank God all is well. Like wise, I'm measuring a day or two behind but pretty sure re dates and TOC also. You'll sleep easy tonight.

Also we told some family members. My MIL said how she'd thought I'd put on weight... Lovely. Thankfully I was fully expecting and prepared for this beautiful, mindful piece of information.

How is everyone getting on? I had a doctor's appointment this week and am awaiting urine test results. The nurse seemed concerned there were nitrates in my urine. I feel I have a very very slight UTI. Has anyone any experience/anything similar? I Googled, of course, and nitrates can be associated with E-Coli.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yoming

For anyone who’s curious I got to the bottom of the 12 week scan issue.Apparently there were three hospitals in the country that didn’t offer a 12 week scan as routine. After being named and shamed by a politician in the last few months I know my hospital changed their policy, not sure about the other two! So it makes sense that my GP told me I wouldn’t get the scan (policy changed in January and I was with them in feb) but the hospital did schedule one after! So happy to know I wasn’t going crazy....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute

Yoming wrote: »
    For anyone who’s curious I got to the bottom of the 12 week scan issue.Apparently there were three hospitals in the country that didn’t offer a 12 week scan as routine. After being named and shamed by a politician in the last few months I know my hospital changed their policy, not sure about the other two! So it makes sense that my GP told me I wouldn’t get the scan (policy changed in January and I was with them in feb) but the hospital did schedule one after! So happy to know I wasn’t going crazy....

Interesting! I had my 12 week appointment (at 14 weeks) and no mention of a scan. Now I opted for the Domino scheme so I knew they wouldn't do one but I brought up that I did an early scan because I wasn't getting one and the midwife just nodded along as of there was nothing unusual about not getting one! This is via NMH.

Have my anomaly scan booked now for early July and my vaccine next week too, so it feels all go!

How's everyone doing? Bambino any update on your nitrates? My urine has been cloudy occasionally so I'm going to bring a sample with me to my doctors appointment - oh actually on that, the midwife told me to make a GP appointment around 18 weeks, that's fine, is this for vaccines? Or just a general check in? When I'm ringing to book should I specify 18 week antenatal appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

General check in with GP around 16/17 weeks.Just say it is a maternity appointment.There's a rough appointment schedule from the HSE, have you seen it?it's a rough guideline of what free visits you are entitled to during pregancy?
    Edit to say I can't find a link to it but it has definitely been posted here previously...

shesty wrote: »
    General check in with GP around 16/17 weeks.Just say it is a maternity appointment.There's a rough appointment schedule from the HSE, have you seen it?it's a rough guideline of what free visits you are entitled to during pregancy?
    Edit to say I can't find a link to it but it has definitely been posted here previously...

Thanks shesty, yes the midwife brought it to my attention on one of the booklets she gave me 👠thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Yoming wrote: »

Wow, that's crazy! How could any hospital not offer a 12 scan, I mean its pretty important! I'm glad you're sorted anyway!

@Laugh_a_minute I'm also on the domino scheme but got my 12 scan as routine.

Kerry25x wrote: »
    @Laugh_a_minute I'm also on the domino scheme but got my 12 scan as routine.

And there was me thinking that was the reason! OK not the case, NMH did not offer me 12 week scan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

NMH seem to go on and off offering 12 week scans.I really don't know why.They were doing them in-house, thenthey were sending people around the corner to another clinic for them, and sometimes not offering them at all. They also had a phase of not doing a first appointment til 16 or 17 weeks.Again not sure why, most likely capacity.To note the Coombe and the Rotunda operate under the same "umbrella" group and have a similar ethos but Holles st does differ from them slightly.

There is no real national maternity plan, hospitals can kind of do what suits them.There were a couple of hospitals in the country not offering the anomaly scan (around the 20 week mark) at all either, certainly up to a couple of years ago.This may or may not be still the case but it all seems to depend on the hospital capacity, and what machines are available in each individual hospital.

It is very annoying (although hardly surprising)that we can't seem to get a proper standardised maternity plan in place nationwide to guarantee certain basics during every pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

How are we all doing?
    The heat beat me this week but overall aside from extreme tiredness pregnancy going ok.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    How are we all doing?
    The heat beat me this week but overall aside from extreme tiredness pregnancy going ok.

Hi Birdie, bedroom fan has been on for weeks at this stage!! Tiredness isn't at me too much, but I'm on holidays and feeling very chilled so that's definitely helping.

I'm now fully vaccinated, and I had my anomaly scan. No delay in NMH and while my husband couldn't wait with me they just gave me the nod when he could come up, which was grand.

Feeling lots of movement in the evening time, mostly jumps, flops and swishes if that makes sense? And the odd kick or punch. No pattern yet to it, but I think that's OK? Have a midwife appointment next week so will clarify what I should be feeling and looking out for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Same here with the movements, and it's my third, I'm 20 weeks, mostly wooshes and swirls with the odd bit of what feels like rooting around by baby( I know baby isn't literally rooting around in there!).

How is everyone doing? The countdown is on.

I'm beginning to feel like doing very little and demotivated and uncomfortable.

Advertisement