Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due November 2021

• 01-04-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey.
    Due November 25th.
    First time and excited.
    Just starting a thread.
    MET doctor last week and choose the Coombe as it's the easiest to get to.
    Also I'm a nurse, but due to covid restrictions I can't work in the ward so at home these days so lots of free time!! Also just wondering is anyone else out there really tired didn't expect to be feeling so tired this early ❤️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Tentatively joining the thread.
    I was part of the due in June thread but sadly I misscarried in November.
    Feeling way more sick, tired and my sense of smell is gone through the roof! Clinging onto hope that these are all good signs.
    I am working full time( manufacturing) and in the middle of doing a degree( to try and get myself a better role) and this hopefully will be baby no 3. The oldest will be 15 when baby arrives and my daughter will be 5, I will be 40 in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

Also joining, despite being a little hesitant.
    This is my 2nd pregnancy. My 1st was unplanned and I sailed through it for the most part (ignorance is bliss).
    This pregnancy however I’ve been diagnosed with perinatal anxiety. Encouraged to go for an early dating scan at 7+3 we were told it was likely my pregnancy hadn’t progressed past 5 weeks. Returned a week later to have this confirmed and low and behold an embryo and HB.
    Next scan is in 8 days. Incredibly anxious but still holding onto hope. I’m very sure of my dates but hoping that this little one sticks.
    Currently working away, studying for my postgrad and running around after a wild 3.5 year old 😂 so at least I’m occupied between these scans.

Hope it works out ginny, it's a nerve wracking time x

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Bambinoonboard

Hello girls, congrats!! I hope everything continues to go well for you all.

I too am commenting on this thread a little reluctantly. Im due in November too!!! I feel so excited writing it although totally lost as a first time parent.

I'm almost 9 weeks and have had 1 EPS, with the next one being next week. Fingers crossed it will go well. I feel nervous about it. I have miscarried previously in the past, in and around the 8 week mark. I've noticed over the past week or two I don't feel AS nauseated at all. It is still coming and going but not notorious. My boobs don't feel half as tender as they were at this stage when previously pregnant. Last time they were exceptionally tender, yet I feel only enlarged this time. I'm trying to keep telling myself every pregnancy can be so different...... The tiredness just isn't there compared to last times complete exhaustion. As I'm not working at the minute, I'm doing plenty of relaxing, perhaps this is why.

Exciting times hopefully lie ahead. I couldnt believe it when I heard the heartbeat a few weeks ago, hopefully we get to hear it again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cmcartce

Also joining, despite being a little hesitant.
    This is my 2nd pregnancy. My 1st was unplanned and I sailed through it for the most part (ignorance is bliss).
    This pregnancy however I’ve been diagnosed with perinatal anxiety. Encouraged to go for an early dating scan at 7+3 we were told it was likely my pregnancy hadn’t progressed past 5 weeks. Returned a week later to have this confirmed and low and behold an embryo and HB.
    Next scan is in 8 days. Incredibly anxious but still holding onto hope. I’m very sure of my dates but hoping that this little one sticks.
    Currently working away, studying for my postgrad and running around after a wild 3.5 year old 😂 so at least I’m occupied between these scans.

Best if luck with scan

• Advertisement

Cmcartce wrote: »
    Best if luck with scan

Best of luck too. Try not to worry... I know it's testing and hard..

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

I've lost 10lbs in the past 6 weeks. I am eating but I suppose can only manage certain foods and smaller portions, including a lot of junk and a hell of a lot less meat. I definitely dont feel like Ive lost weight. Is anyone else in the same position? When I go for the 10 week scan I was hoping to but some clothes, but feel a bit overwhelmed with where to go or what to buy. Bra wise - have you ladies any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute

I've lost 10lbs in the past 6 weeks. I am eating but I suppose can only manage certain foods and smaller portions, including a lot of junk and a hell of a lot less meat. I definitely dont feel like Ive lost weight. Is anyone else in the same position? When I go for the 10 week scan I was hoping to but some clothes, but feel a bit overwhelmed with where to go or what to buy. Bra wise - have you ladies any advice?

Could have written this post!

Due mid November, didn't want to "join" here yet as I'm only nine weeks. Feeling fairly rotten and like you bambino only managing small portions. I've lost 6 pounds (that I had been trying to lose since lockdown started ha!!) but I really don't think there's anything I could do about it. When I am eating I'm trying to add calories where I can, so it's buttery bread and cheesy mash etc. If you're concerned give your gp a call.

Bra wise, I bought a couple of sports bra/bralet style things from h&m two sizes up (they're not measured by cup just by women's sizes) and they're doing the job, very comfortable.

It's so reassuring to know we're not alone, haha.

Butter - brilliant. I usually love butter but feel queasy even typing it.... It's all bread/crackers/chips/ROASTIES etc. I'm aware I really need to get in calcium and other nutrients - even the smell of chicken and red meat are turning my stomach. I can manage in mall amounts. Now, to be fair, I have gained a lot over the past year and in fact already overweight!!! So in that sense, it's a plus, but I just hope obviously that it doesn't impact on baby's development . I read at this stage you don't need to eat extra calories, yet getting the folic/nutrients are important. I'm taking folic acid and have started Pregnacare also.

Sports bras sound like absolute Heaven!!! Thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement

It's so reassuring to know we're not alone, haha.

Butter - brilliant. I usually love butter but feel queasy even typing it.... It's all bread/crackers/chips/ROASTIES etc. I'm aware I really need to get in calcium and other nutrients - even the smell of chicken and red meat are turning my stomach. I can manage in mall amounts. Now, to be fair, I have gained a lot over the past year and in fact already overweight!!! So in that sense, it's a plus, but I just hope obviously that it doesn't impact on baby's development . I read at this stage you don't need to eat extra calories, yet getting the folic/nutrients are important. I'm taking folic acid and have started Pregnacare also.

Sports bras sound like absolute Heaven!!! Thanks for the tip.

My diet is similar at the moment. If it’s beige it’s ok lol. The thought of veg/fruit or meat makes me so nauseous. I also find while I’m not physically sick much when I take my vitamins they make me so sick. I take them now in the middle of the day and it’s not as bad.

My diet is similar at the moment. If it’s beige it’s ok lol. The thought of veg/fruit or meat makes me so nauseous. I also find while I’m not physically sick much when I take my vitamins they make me so sick. I take them now in the middle of the day and it’s not as bad.

Beige is right Ginny. I've noticed that about the vitamins too, but thought it was a psychological thing. When are you due? I'm on countdown now until next week for scan.

Beige is right Ginny. I've noticed that about the vitamins too, but thought it was a psychological thing. When are you due? I'm on countdown now until next week for scan.

I've booked a scan in for next week too, my letter from Holles street said there would be no scanning facilities at my 12 week booking appointment so I wanted to get my own.

By LMP I’m due 2nd November, my last scan dated me as being due the 19th November. Huge difference, my next scan is tomorrow. I’m very nervous. Hoping for a string HB and a date that makes a little more sense.
    When are you due?

I've booked a scan in for next week too, my letter from Holles street said there would be no scanning facilities at my 12 week booking appointment so I wanted to get my own.

Oh wow, when would you get your first scan if you didn’t book your own?
    I still haven’t received my booking appointment, my GP referred me almost a month ago.

Oh wow, is this Covid related/ overflow related I wonder!!

Oh wow, when would you get your first scan if you didn’t book your own?
    I still haven’t received my booking appointment, my GP referred me almost a month ago.

I had a letter from Holles Street within two days - is it worth you following up?

I'm glad you're both shocked about the scan situation! I was really surprised, especially since I thought that 12 week appointment would be to check in that everything was as it should be, plus to get my dates checked. My insurance will cover a private one but it still seems mad!

I had a letter from Holles Street within two days - is it worth you following up?

I'm glad you're both shocked about the scan situation! I was really surprised, especially since I thought that 12 week appointment would be to check in that everything was as it should be, plus to get my dates checked. My insurance will cover a private one but it still seems mad!

I’m with the nurse in my GP office during the week so I’ll ask then if it was definitely sent off. If not I’ll ring myself though I don’t know if they take self referrals.

Yes I’m really shocked, I always thought 12 week scan was standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Stan27

Hope your all getting on ok great advise for bras in H & m . I find eating is fine just feel very tired managing a walk everyday and trying to eat fruit and monitor water intake , not feeling very sick I hope that can be normal just feel I can nap at any time ��, keep safe hope the scans date come true for Ye I’m waiting for a scan from the Coombe

It's amazing the little things that change day to day or week to week. Today I've noticed when I sneeze it causes, not pain but some form of minor discomfort below. Also have started to feel a little firmness coming.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately my journey ends here at 10w+4, missed miscarriage was confirmed today.
    Wishing you ladies all the best with your pregnancies. Hopefully next time will be a better outcome for me.

Very sorry to hear that ginny, mind yourself

Oh Ginny, I'm just so sorry to hear this upsetting news. I hope you have the opportunity to take all the time you need during this difficult time. I'm so sorry for your loss. Xxx

Ginny my heart sank reading this. I'm so sorry x

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yoming

Hi, just wondering did anyone get to the bottom of the 12 week scan debacle?? Im pregnant with my first,so havent a clue about the usual run of things but when I first saw the nurse at my GPs office she told me that I would not be seen by the hospital until I was 20weeks along. She advised that she would see me again(in my GPs office) at 14 weeks but even at that we cant always get a heart beat and might have to wait until 16weeks, so she advised me it might be a good idea to go for an early scan as it was such a long wait.

I was very baffled as even though I know very little I assumed the 12 week scan was the norm but I decided to book in for the early scan and we did that at eight weeks and all was good. Low and behold a week later I get a letter in the post with an appointment for the early pregnancy unit to go for a dating scan at 11weeks!!

Yoming wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering did anyone get to the bottom of the 12 week scan debacle?? Im pregnant with my first,so havent a clue about the usual run of things but when I first saw the nurse at my GPs office she told me that I would not be seen by the hospital until I was 20weeks along. She advised that she would see me again(in my GPs office) at 14 weeks but even at that we cant always get a heart beat and might have to wait until 16weeks, so she advised me it might be a good idea to go for an early scan as it was such a long wait.

I was very baffled as even though I know very little I assumed the 12 week scan was the norm but I decided to book in for the early scan and we did that at eight weeks and all was good. Low and behold a week later I get a letter in the post with an appointment for the early pregnancy unit to go for a dating scan at 11weeks!!

Congrats Yoming.

Was the appt about the 11 week dating scan the first you heard from the hospital? I first saw a locum at my GPs and she says she thought it'd be 20-22 weeks for a scan but I wasn't paying enough attention, ha! The letter that I got from Holles St was an appt just before 13 weeks and it said there wouldn't be scanning facilities. The appt is for the Bray satellite clinic.

Hi girls, this is good information. I haven't a notion either Yoming (Congratulations!!!). Wow,20 weeks seems like such a wait to have 1st scan in hospital. I have yet to visit my GP, however awaiting my 10 week early pregnancy scan before going. She told me over the phone I might as well wait until then before booking an appt. Hope it all goes well for you.

I feel incredibly moody and annoyed at the world this evening. (Earlier, I posted on another thread to mention I had no symptoms. Oh the joys and unpredictability of it all. *hands to ears/over eyes* )

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yoming

Congrats Yoming.

Was the appt about the 11 week dating scan the first you heard from the hospital? I first saw a locum at my GPs and she says she thought it'd be 20-22 weeks for a scan but I wasn't paying enough attention, ha! The letter that I got from Holles St was an appt just before 13 weeks and it said there wouldn't be scanning facilities. The appt is for the Bray satellite clinic.

Yeah this was the first I have heard from the hospital. I just assumed when the nurse said I wouldn’t be called to the hospital for so long that it might have been covid related and it piqued my interest that some on here had mentioned similar.🀷ðŸ»*♀️

Hi girls, this is good information. I haven't a notion either Yoming (Congratulations!!!). Wow,20 weeks seems like such a wait to have 1st scan in hospital. I have yet to visit my GP, however awaiting my 10 week early pregnancy scan before going. She told me over the phone I might as well wait until then before booking an appt. Hope it all goes well for you.

I feel incredibly moody and annoyed at the world this evening. (Earlier, I posted on another thread to mention I had no symptoms. Oh the joys and unpredictability of it all. *hands to ears/over eyes* )

I have a ten and bit week scan coming up too, wasn't nervous until I booked but the wait is feeling like ages.

I'm normally moody so my husband joked that the hormones must be balancing me out...! Nausea wise I'm feeling a bit better this week, but I'm still on small portions.

• Advertisement

Had an early scan last week, very reassuring to see and hear the foetus, couldn't believe how much movement there was. Measuring 4 days ahead but I'm fairly confident of my dates so I'm not too worried about that. Hope everyone is having a good week x

Advertisement