Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Treaty United

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

Sorry if I missed it already in the thread but do we know for sure where home games will be played ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

BnB wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed it already in the thread but do we know for sure where home games will be played ?

Markets Field

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Limsno1

Have the club made any statement regarding away jerseys? Blue and white maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Limsno1 wrote: »
    Have the club made any statement regarding away jerseys? Blue and white maybe...

Probably be blue or green maybe one of each. Would love to see blue on the main kit too like Atletico in Spain

Or go wild and have a blue, yellow and green stripped kit to represent Kerry, Limerick, Clare and Tipp

Limsno1 wrote: »

Blue and white striped away kit they announced on twitter. Probably be photos up from tonight's friendly against Waterford where they're currently 1-0 up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Waterford FC 1-1 Treaty United

(Coustrain)

Treaty's first ever senior men's game ended in a draw away to Waterford. Not a bad result at all to draw a friendly away to Premier division opposition. According to updates, Treaty hit the post before going ahead through Coustrain after 16 minutes, and led at HT, during which Barrett made a load of changes. In the second half they hit the woodwork again, but Waterford equalised on 70 minutes and that's how it finished.

Good to be writing these again.

It's a bit disappointing that there wasn't someone taking a few nice pictures of Treaty's first ever match.

Also I noticed Umbro.ie LOI section has no page for Treaty yet. Is it part of some grand launch scheme or just bad media management ?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

breezy1985 wrote: »
    It's a bit disappointing that there wasn't someone taking a few nice pictures of Treaty's first ever match.

Also I noticed Umbro.ie LOI section has no page for Treaty yet. Is it part of some grand launch scheme or just bad media management ?

I'd say it's the lateness of it all - licence only just awarded etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

That sounds interesting. will wait to see but other clubs run fan membership schemes very effectively. Including the streaming is a nice incentive

• Advertisement

grimbergen wrote: »
    I'd say it's the lateness of it all - licence only just awarded etc.
    grimbergen wrote: »
    That sounds interesting. will wait to see but other clubs run fan membership schemes very effectively. Including the streaming is a nice incentive

Yeah given how late in the day they were finally awarded a licence has affected things. Their website is live now but is still being worked on and they'll have their own shop up for merchandise, so I'll assume that Umbro won't have Treatys gear online until Treaty can get their online shop up and running first.

Which is why theres probably no photos of that Waterford friendly online as they were wearing their new away kit apparently.

Yeah I'm hoping they eventually look to a membership scheme like other clubs have. Cobh have been a club that has done good things behind the scenes lately and are a club that Treaty should be looking at for ideas as they try to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Yeah given how late in the day they were finally awarded a licence has affected things. Their website is live now but is still being worked on and they'll have their own shop up for merchandise, so I'll assume that Umbro won't have Treatys gear online until Treaty can get their online shop up and running first.

Which is why theres probably no photos of that Waterford friendly online as they were wearing their new away kit apparently.

Yeah I'm hoping they eventually look to a membership scheme like other clubs have. Cobh have been a club that has done good things behind the scenes lately and are a club that Treaty should be looking at for ideas as they try to grow.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/615602/limerick-s-treaty-utd-launch-innovative-fan-membership-scheme.html

The new fan membership scheme launched today will include for fans:

* A free streaming pass for all our men’s and women’s games this season;

* Exclusive behind the scenes access including webinars with the Chairman and first team managers during the season;

* Monthly newsletter exclusively for members;

* An introductory welcome pack for members;

* A commitment that all funds contributed will be invested directly in the club

* The cost to join will be €20 per month with concession rates available for families and seniors.

* There will also be special junior membership package for supporters under 12. Full details will be announced on the club’s website on Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Best of luck to Treaty United. Great to see a Limerick team back in the league.

https://treatyunitedfc.com/membership/

Membership is now live.

What's the difference between an adult membership & family membership.

Adult has the LOI streaming etc etc

What do you get on top of that for family membership (not that I expect that much extra for an extra €20 but I was just wondering)

What's the difference between an adult membership & family membership.

Adult has the LOI streaming etc etc

What do you get on top of that for family membership (not that I expect that much extra for an extra €20 but I was just wondering)

Kids membership is €20, so family membership would be kids and adults together rather than buying two separate memberships I assume.

Kids membership is €20, so family membership would be kids and adults together rather than buying two separate memberships I assume.

I was thinking that. I presume the "Introductory pack" for kids is different from the adult one so by paying for family, you get both packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I was thinking that. I presume the "Introductory pack" for kids is different from the adult one so by paying for family, you get both packs.

I think you can add a few kids to the family package

Athlone Vs Treaty is being live streamed on Athlones YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/H3sif4ZWm5Q

• Advertisement

Someone has put work into the Wikipedia page too.
    Squad list is up and a brief outline of the kit which as has now been confirmed in Athlone is a blue /white change

Finished 0-0 in Athlone, Treaty changed most if not all their team at halftime, hopefully got a decent runout at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mastershake

Just a few observations at this stage from watching the game. I realise its early days for a lot and fitness is the main thing at this stage so I wont be critical. There will be lots of opportunities over the course of the season for that.

1st half was very positive. The team selected for it was more experienced than the 2nd half team. Thought there was an emphasis on the team to pass it about and create opportunities, which they managed despite the conditions. Keane and Lynch in centre mid looked decent together and I thought Dean George and McSweeney did relatively well up front. Bit quiet from both Ed McCarthy and Joel Coustrain on the wings but encouraging enough signs despite Athlone's weakened team.

2nd half was a total new team with the 11 changes. I felt this team struggled to keep possession and build-play. Some positives were O'Donnell at 6. Thought he looked a seasoned centre back. Armshaw although pint sized looks lively and could be a decent option from the bench. With the weather deteriorating there weren't too many chances in the 2nd half.

All in all a good test and Tommy will be happy to have another game for the lads under their belt.

Ed McCarthy isn't a winger, unless he moved positions when he went over to Birmingham. Probably one of the best players I've saw coming up through schoolboys in Limerick and easily held his own playing CM for Pike at 15. Was in the same age group as Barry Coffey who went over to Celtic and IMO Eds was a better footballer, but Coffey had the size and athleticism advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

They've made it on to the umbro website, no items available yet, but at least we know they will be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The_Dave wrote: »
    They've made it on to the umbro website, no items available yet, but at least we know they will be

Would probably be better of we could buy through the club, I'd imagine more of the money would go to the club(correct me of I'm wrong at this)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Would probably be better of we could buy through the club, I'd imagine more of the money would go to the club(correct me of I'm wrong at this)

Nah probably be the same or very close. If buying through umbro it would take the pressure off the club to buy in stock that may not be bought. Probably get a few euro on everything sold through umbro and don't have to worry about stocking items.

You can see by Umbro, O'Neills etc... a lot of clubs have gone down this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

The gear is now available on the Umbro site, the club shop link on the Treaty United website takes you to the Umbro site as well

• Advertisement

Treaty beat Athlone 2-1 today at the Markets Field.

Sean McSweeney and Clyde O'Connell with the Treaty goals, Athlone with a penalty, all in the first half.

Joel Coustrain injury after 20 minutes, hopefully nothing serious.

That's the pre-season friendlies over. Now the campaign starts.

First game of the season: away versus Bray, Sunday March 30 (changed from Friday).

Advertisement