Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

James Randi RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya the guy was a legend, loads of people would have gotten suckered in by chancers and snake oil healers like Uri Geller.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,828 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Loads of people still did, unfortunately.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

Loads of people still did, unfortunately.

Ya but it was around that time of aliens, people who saw angels, moving statues and when Uri appeared on the late late show I nearly started believeth in it, but caught a glimpse of some program with James Randi questioning stuff and really putting it under the spotlight that I realised naaa, it's all hokum.
    If anything Randi s job was a bit easier then, now we're in a post truth phase where only certain truths kinda matter.

Anyhow this is how I found out from another debunker of sorts making a video just before he passed away. Randi was a real sport about making the video! Comments are really good for a change.

Advertisement