Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I need a job done around my House Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

phog wrote: »
    Is it possible to have double glazing repaired? I think the gas has escaped and the glass is now fogged up form the inside. Or do I need to have the glass removed and refitted? Any recommendations on who could do it for me?

DG glazing will do it. Small job. They can pop out the glass and fix it.

Had it done recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Leonita

Evening all,
    Just wondering if any of you could recommend a decent handyman that could do a bit of gardening, maintenance etc please?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

0857616839 is a guy from Poland who has done a lot of work for friends and family of mine. His name is Magic.

Think that's spelled maciej sounds like magic or mach-jik

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Leonita

Is he very expensive?  TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

babi-hrse wrote: »
    Think that's spelled maciej sounds like magic or mach-jik

It sure is but Irish people pronounce it ars*ways so he actually goes by Magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dashoonage wrote: »
    I need a sparky to come and look at some sensor lights at my won gaf and the parents place, both close to each other. Not a standard light, 3 pir's and 3 lights on the one loop, they are stuck on in both locations and ive tried all the usual tricks. i think i need new PIR's

any suggestions ?

Still looking here. I've replaced the PIR's and everything and no joy. Still getting stuck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Find Mark Bennis on Facebook and send him a message I found him on Facebook posting as a handyman work. He fixed my PIR lighting on my new house which was messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks Betty

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Anyone know a good electrician for installing new sockets and sorting out 20 years of random cabling?

Just saw the inside of our new house without furniture, the amount of random cables coming out of and going into walls was mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

Anyone recommend an Architect for a small extension-bedroom+bathroom in Limerick. Need advice regarding best way to go about it - attic conversion or extend, would also have plumbing issues to work out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My letting agent is an absolute joke so I'm trying to get some bits done myself. I'm looking for recommendations for someone to
    - sort out damp on the ceiling if the shower room and deal with mould on the shower door that has been there since we moved in.
    - clear the gutters and investigate a smell coming from, I think, near the gutters
    - repair a shed to make it waterproof
    -dispose of some things that the previous tenant has left behind like a TV, and some broken furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

CraftySue wrote: »
    Anyone recommend an Architect for a small extension-bedroom+bathroom in Limerick. Need advice regarding best way to go about it - attic conversion or extend, would also have plumbing issues to work out.

Joe O'Shaugnessy in Gileece McDonell O'Shaugnessy architects is very good. We got another architect in before and he told us we'd need €250,000 "to do it right".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can anyone recommend me a place to get a Persian rug cleaned around the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone recommend somewhere to sell (and install) a good car alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend somewhere to sell (and install) a good car alarm?

Try CarCom on Henry Street. I have no personal experience but heard positive things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Looking for someone call to the house to supply & fit a washing machine door seal asap, please, if anyone can recommend
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Need my front PVC door lifted and oiled. Where's best for this? As any new build settlement causes chaos and need to get this done as the door is catching the frame badly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭phog

Can anyone recommend a handyman in the Limerick area that would tile a bathroom and install a shower unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

phog wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a handyman in the Limerick area that would tile a bathroom and install a shower unit?

I can give you the details of two people, one the plumber to install the shower unit, the tiler to tile. I've a tiler ongoing in my house who gave me the plumbers number. It's their mobiles so I'll PM the details if you want but if you want one person to do both then I don't know anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    I can give you the details of two people, one the plumber to install the shower unit, the tiler to tile. I've a tiler ongoing in my house who gave me the plumbers number. It's their mobiles so I'll PM the details if you want but if you want one person to do both then I don't know anybody.

I was hoping for the one guy but send me their names/contact details anyway, please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I just had my bathroom redone and the plumber supplied his own tiler. I can PM you his details if you want me to

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can anyone recommend somebody to supply and fit a folding attic stairs and flooring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

bazz26 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somebody to supply and fit a folding attic stairs and flooring?

Not sure about the flooring, you'd have to ask but got this crowd round for the folks house , the last year or two, was happy

https://theatticstairs.ie/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Not sure about the flooring, you'd have to ask but got this crowd round for the folks house , the last year or two, was happy

Same, in and out, no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Tree wrote: »
    Same, in and out, no hassle.

Another thumbs up for theatticstairs.ie from me ;)

Fast and very tidy work.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Need my front PVC door lifted and oiled. Where's best for this? As any new build settlement causes chaos and need to get this done as the door is catching the frame badly now.

I got a guy called William Murphy to do mine. His company is Limerick Repairs on 087 8040524.

My patio door was sticking badly and I had to get a window fixed as well. The seal was gone. He did the whole lot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Hi. I am looking for someone to build a small garden wall. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Looking for recommendations for someone to install new kitchen units. The units will be assembled, not flat pack. PM me if you need more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi there. Looking for handyman to come and do some work around my house. If anyone can recommend someone I'd really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I’m looking for someone to lay a 30 N concrete base for a 3x2m shed if anyone knows someone?

Advertisement