Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks threads

• 09-10-2011 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Was at the Jonesborough market today to buy a few fireworks. Got a great amount for great money . I got a few sleeves of Black cats , its been a while since I bought any (maybe 8 or 9 years) Is it my imagination or are they smaller than they once were? I know the box is shaped smaller too. Anyone know if theyre smaller now or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Am I imagining it or is firework possesion not illegal?

Or do you have a licence perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭MC.ISF

Down the south it is but we've never had any problem buyin them up here

No not mad...here it is

What are the offences for having a firework?

Under the amended legislation the following are offences:
    • If you ignite a firework or cause it to be ignited in any place, you are guilty of an offence. The offence of igniting a firework can take place anywhere and not just in a public place. It can include the garden of a private house.
    • If you throw, direct or propel an ignited firework at or towards someone else or at property, you are guilty of an offence.
    • If you have a firework with the intention of selling or supplying it to someone else (and you don't hold a licence to import it) you are guilty of an offence.
    If you are found guilty of any of the above offences you are liable:
    • On summary conviction (in the District Court) to a maximum fine of €2,500 or to imprisonment for up to 6 months or to both.
    • On conviction on indictment (in the Circuit Court) to a maximum fine of €10,000 or to imprisonment for up to 5 years or to both.
    The offences mentioned above are arrestable offences because they carry a possible 5 year jail sentence. Therefore the Gardaí have the power to arrest you without warrant if they reasonably suspect you of having committed such an offence. They can also detain you in a Garda station for questioning for up to 12 hours before you are charged with the offence or released.

LINK

MC.ISF wrote: »
    Down the south it is but we've never had any problem buyin them up here

Ok right so...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Indeed you are correct gozunda. As already stated in post 10 of this thread any talk of bringing fireworks south of the border and/or crossing the border to buy fireworks will be deleted. As MC.ISF hasn't made any reference to bringing fireworks across the border there's no harm in the discussion as it stands. Perhaps he'll set them all off around Newry before heading back down home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

are u selling

rvpalldway wrote: »
    are u selling

You are kidding Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 firework man

is there anything really funny that u would reccomend to do with them ;0

• Registered Users Posts: 3 joejoe2k13

I was looking to purchase a few fireworks around the newry area any info on the matter would be highly apreciated thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

joejoe2k13 wrote: »
    I was looking to purchase a few fireworks around the newry area any info on the matter would be highly apreciated thanks:)

Head over the border closer to Halloween and you won't have any bother finding a place to buy them... They literally have them for sale everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 joejoe2k13

tanks lad will do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Discussions in bringing fireworks across the border are not permitted. Thread locked (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gary_dunney

Any body know if jonesboro market has started sellkng fireworks yet? And any idea of prices?
    Regards Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

ib4tl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

ib4tl

Highly unlikely posts most year in this "The North" forum re: said market.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jlamph

:pac::pac::pac::pac:I don't know what is the list of stuff they are selling
    Are they selling bottle rockets
    :):):):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭POSTNAZ

Just wondering if jonesboro market will be open this sunday?? If so will the fireworks be on sale? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

The market will be on and fireworks should be sold no reason for them not to be , but if they arnt there are plenty of shops in jonesboroug town it'self and surrounding areas

Tks what times is it open from and until?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

sorry for no reply im unsure , did you go up in the end , and use them up there of coarse :L , but what were the prices like , what was on sale ?

• Advertisement

Didnt end up goin up. Headin up this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭philip132

any go this year and catch any prices?
    regards Philip

I was told bangers=€1 a packet
    roman candles=5 for 5

They are the same price as last year I was told:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kendu4

Hi names john. Is the jonesbrough market open this weekend ? If so what times ? and can you get selection boxes in the market ?Thanks & Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kendu4

kendu4 wrote: »
    Hi names john. Is the jonesbrough market open this weekend ? If so what times ? and can you get selection boxes in the market ?Thanks & Regards
    John
    :rolleyes:

I'm going up this sunday at 12-1 o clock open at 11 and closed at 2 o clock

• Registered Users Posts: 19 baller123

What dates do fireworks normally go on sale in Jonesborough? Would it be worth going up in the coming weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pikeman99

Can anyone tell me where i can buy fireworks in newry. Im looking for black cats screamers repeaters etc. Prices on sleeves or packs or deals anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

must be that time of year again!

this thread starts up every year in Sept. I wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pikeman99

Cause people are looking to get fireworks ahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement