Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Boot Sales,Auctions & Markets Off Topic Q&A

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Whats up Cupcake?

Is there any craft fairs coming up????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Whats up Cupcake?

I would also like to know about any on the northside of Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Is there any craft fairs coming up????

Wrong forum?

Try here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=590

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

Hi guys,

I am looking at setting up an indoor market/car boot sale on a weekly basis in Galway City. Before we book a venue or set dates we are looking to get some feedback as well as some traders booked in to sell at the sale. If there is anyone who currently sells in Galway and the surrounding area and would be interested in selling at the market you can drop me a PM for further information.

Though prices haven't been set, they would be in the €10-20 region for cars, vans and market stalls. This would also be a year round venture as it's hopefully going to be indoors and safe from the winter!

So car booters, market stall owners, clothes/arts/crafts sellers, food and drink traders, entertainers etc, if this is something you could be interested in making a success drop me a PM.

We are aware that there is a Saturday Market in town but feel that combining the car boot side of things will add something to this market.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lucy lue

do anyone know of a carboot sale/ market that is held near rosslare on saturdays or in wexford, would love to know, thanks

• Advertisement

lucy lue wrote: »
    do anyone know of a carboot sale/ market that is held near rosslare on saturdays or in wexford, would love to know, thanks

Inch near Gorey on Saturdays and Unyoke on the Gorey/Castlebridge/Wexford road on Sundays.

http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lucy lue

thank you for information, l was told there was a market or carboot sale in or near wexford town every saturday, dont no where though

lucy lue wrote: »
    thank you for information, l was told there was a market or carboot sale in or near wexford town every saturday, dont no where though

There has been one at Wexford Town Racecourse occasionally but I have no other information.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭shannon guy

Does anyone know of any around clare/limerick?

Does anyone know of any around clare/limerick?

Please! You only have to read the thread and you would find this post http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

Horse to water etc. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭shannon guy

Please! You only have to read the thread and you would find this post http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

Horse to water etc. :)

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

does anyone know any non-antiquey, more bric-a-brac style auctions in Dublin, other than Buckleys in Sandycove?

does anyone know any non-antiquey, more bric-a-brac style auctions in Dublin, other than Buckleys in Sandycove?

Herman & Wilkinson,
    161 Lower Rathmines Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6

Tel: (01) 497 2245
    http://www.hermanwilkinson.ie
    info@hermanwilkinson.ie
    Weekly auctions of Antiques & Furniture and household items.
    On: Thursday mornings at 10am
    Viewing: Wednesdays, 2.00pm to 6.30pm

More here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/auctions-2/ :)

Ballywaltrim Community Centre Car Boot Sale
    Boghall Road, Bray, Co.Wicklow

Every Sunday 9.00am to 3.00pm

Sellers: €12 per car in the hall if it’s raining and €10 for outside in carpark.

Also FREE Tea and Coffee for stall holders

Public admission FREE.

Toilets on site.

Further information: Al Morris on (01) 204 0856

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrsmcg

went to this car boot on Sunday last found it to be very poor. It was 20 euro in which is expensive seeing as there isn't much to it. There were about 15 cars but not many buyers at all. Felt as if it was just a way for some to kill a half an hr. Opened at 8.30 and meant to run until 3, some sellers left at 10 and everyone was gone by half 1 - 2. The upside to this car boot sale was the facilities were excellent as in there were proper toilets and a coffee shop, still won't be returning to this sale!
    Anyone know of any GOOD car boot sales in the Wicklow - Dublin area???

mrsmcg wrote: »
    went to this car boot on Sunday last found it to be very poor. It was 20 euro in which is expensive seeing as there isn't much to it. There were about 15 cars but not many buyers at all. Felt as if it was just a way for some to kill a half an hr. Opened at 8.30 and meant to run until 3, some sellers left at 10 and everyone was gone by half 1 - 2. The upside to this car boot sale was the facilities were excellent as in there were proper toilets and a coffee shop, still won't be returning to this sale!
    Anyone know of any GOOD car boot sales in the Wicklow - Dublin area???

Car boot sales are hit and miss as it depends who turns up on the day, what sporting or other events it clashes with (All Ireland) last Sunday, what the weather is doing etc.etc. All worthwhile car boot sales can be found by searching this thread or at: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/ It was never easier to find reliable information. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

mrsmcg wrote: »
    went to this car boot on Sunday last found it to be very poor. It was 20 euro in which is expensive

€20 in for a seller or the public?
    Edit.I see you were there for a while so presume that's the cost for a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

€12 per car in the hall if it’s raining...
    My car leaks a bit of oil. Will it still be OK in the hall? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paullon

Fairy House Market
    Hi guys, new here so please be kind.
    Hoping to set up stall at the above market, but have a few questions......

I have visited the market on a number off Sundays to check out foot flow, with it being good, I am a bit worried on spending power with customers, as their seems to bit of empty hands walking out.

Is it as good as people/ traders say???????

What is the cost of a pitch and can you set up anywhere on site ie first come/ first choice. (spoke to a few traders to day and they weren't saying to much)

I tried to speak to one of the organisers to day, but without any luck, will ring
    him again, but I wanted to ask the wise people on this forum their taught s.

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I was talking to a friend of mine who said there is a market near Clanbrassil street that sells hifi; amps, turntables etc, I couldn't find any details online if anyone has any idea where it might be?.

Or any other places that sell used hifi around Dublin.Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

He meant the Dublin Flea Market in Newmarket btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 delboyyoughal

any midweek,or saturday or evening markets ,orsmall oneday festivals going on in cork or waterford ? anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I heard a rumour the following was moved to Monday, can anyone confirm?

Dun Laoghaire Car Boot Sale
    St.Joseph’s NS, Tivoli Road, Dun Laoghaire
    (Last Sunday of month until October)
    Next sale:
    Gates open at 8:00am and sale continues until 2:00pm.
    (People start queueing from 7:00am)
    Sellers: Cars €10 Vans €20
    Facilities: Refreshments. Toilets.

?

Samba wrote: »
    I heard a rumour the following was moved to Monday, can anyone confirm?

Dun Laoghaire Car Boot Sale
    St.Joseph’s NS, Tivoli Road, Dun Laoghaire
    (Last Sunday of month until October)
    Next sale:
    Gates open at 8:00am and sale continues until 2:00pm.
    (People start queueing from 7:00am)
    Sellers: Cars €10 Vans €20
    Facilities: Refreshments. Toilets.

?

NO MORE BOOT SALES AT ST.JOSEPH'S N.S UNTIL 2012!

Just had it confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

NO MORE BOOT SALES AT ST.JOSEPH'S N.S UNTIL 2012!

Just had it confirmed.

I take it this is due to the rather bleak weather forecast? :(

No, I think that they had already decided not to go on beyond October. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Any 2012 Car Boot sales on South Co.Dublin that anyone knows of?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

marley123 wrote: »
    Any 2012 Car Boot sales on South Co.Dublin that anyone knows of?

Yeah the one at Tallaght football stadium is starting up again this saturday and will be on every sat unless otherwise stated

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zene

Apparently there is one by Cournelscourt most weeks, the buttercup market I think is the name.
    Waiting to confirm its still on but apparently quite good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 pigwiggum

Hi, I'm completely green to all this, I want to get someone a gift of some sort of ancient Greek/Roman tat, nothing museum quality or anything, is this possible?

Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement