Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

Hi Banzi,

We are on the green, the 4th road from the front (If that makes sense!) and we are due to begin snagging in early september. If the others are in already, then the snagging must be being completed very quickly as they only began snagging in mid August!
    I am waiting on a call from Ciara, but from what she said before the only thing holding up the snagging on the green is the fact that the road is not finished. Once this has been complete, they want the snagging done quickly and the houses signed and sealed as quick as possible so that they can move onto the next phase.
    I'm hoping that the road will be completed this week so that the snagging can start monday week, but looking at it on Sunday, it didn't seem close to completion! They'd better get their socks on!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Hi Paddyred,

I'm from area, grew up in Hartstown, only a stones throw away! What part you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

marksquirt wrote: »
    Hi Paddyred,

I'm from area, grew up in Hartstown, only a stones throw away! What part you from?

You wouldn't happen to be a Garda would you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Hi folks,
    Sounds like things are moving along nicely with the houses, will take a spin up on sunday to have a look.
    I'm another one who grew up in the area, coolmine and then porterstown:)

Cant wait to get into house, we are in an apartment now and just too small, roll on november when ours is ready, dont think anyone else on this thread is on the cresent??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Glad to see the houses are coming along nicely. Was up on Sunday last with ghusk, my better half who's organising everything because i'm stuck down the country at the moment from Sun till Fri. Anyway all seems to be flying along now and got a phone call today from ghusk saying we should be in end of september as snagging is starting on September 8. Hope to see you all soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Looks like im the only one so far not from blanchardstown! although not far from it..ballyfermot. can anyone recommend someone to do snagging? Ive been on the internet but want to make sure that they are legit.
    Any more word on venue for drinks?

paddyred9 wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to be a Garda would you :cool:

Nope definitely not a Garda, I wouldn't have the patience :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Hi Ghusk,

I took a drive up there again last night they have started to build a wall at the side of the road i think it could be near you house!!! They seem to be flying alone so i reakon the dates they have given could be right!!

I was also taking to someone who has got there keys and they said that there was very little on the snag list that it was all completed in a week!!

Hi Banzi,

I was speaking to Ciara yesterday and they are on track for us to start snagging on the 8th September. She said that they were surprised at the small amount of things on the snag lists, and are flying through them. She said that she anticipates about 10 days from snagging to sign off, so means that the green and whoever else are snagging next should have the keys by the 4th week in septmeber.

marksquirt wrote: »
    Nope definitely not a Garda, I wouldn't have the patience :p

Haha I know of a Mark from Castlewood who's a garda and bought a house up there.

Im from Huntstown court, beside pinebrook. Seems to be a lot of generally local people moving in!

• Advertisement

Paddy,

Someone told me that a garda bought one of the houses opposite me, so you'd better be well behaved as you'll be surrounded by gardai!!

ghusk wrote: »
    Paddy,

Someone told me that a garda bought one of the houses opposite me, so you'd better be well behaved as you'll be surrounded by gardai!!

Haha yea thats probably the Mark I thought squirt was,

We'll get away with nothing :rolleyes:

Well at least if we are having loud parties, we'll get away with it as long as we invite all the gardai!

I drove down again last night and it was really strange to see people at the houses. I thought it was just builders at first, then realised that there were a few kids, so definetly people in!

All going well there'll be a few more of us in within the month and it'll seem more real then!

Drove down there myself last night and saw the wall which is great but at the moment it's blocking my view to my house as I'm at the very back!! :D:p

Its a bit strange, the wall, as its being built in the middle of the fencing! Is it going to be continued from the 1st to 2nd round abouts or is it just going to be that little bit of wall????

Its a bit strange, the wall, as its being built in the middle of the fencing! Is it going to be continued from the 1st to 2nd round abouts or is it just going to be that little bit of wall????

I was thinking that myself?? I've no idea it seemed like an odd place to start though,
    Id actually prefer a wall since my house faces out on to the road and it would cut out the noise of the cars but its not that big a deal either way..

I thought that a wall had to be started at the beginning not in the middle, but sure I'm no builder, so we'll just have to wait and see what the finished product is!

I thought that a wall had to be started at the beginning not in the middle, but sure I'm no builder, so we'll just have to wait and see what the finished product is!

I was talking to Ciara there,
    That well is definatly going to go the whole way up the road, all of the fencing will be comming down.

I'm not really all that happy about my garden situtation, aparently if you look at the site map page we have the parking spaces beside us and then all my "Garden" is is a thin lane along the side and a thin lane between my house and the one behind us only being litterally a few feet

paddyred9 wrote: »
    I was talking to Ciara there,
    That well is definatly going to go the whole way up the road, all of the fencing will be comming down.

I'm not really all that happy about my garden situtation, aparently if you look at the site map page we have the parking spaces beside us and then all my "Garden" is is a thin lane along the side and a thin lane between my house and the one behind us only being litterally a few feet

I thought that the gardens had to be a certain size in relation to the sq footage of the house??

I thought that the gardens had to be a certain size in relation to the sq footage of the house??

So did I :(

• Advertisement

check with the planning regulations office and see if you can get any joy with it. Did it have a different sized garden on the orignial plan that you bought off?

check with the planning regulations office and see if you can get any joy with it. Did it have a different sized garden on the orignial plan that you bought off?

We were never given the full plan we bought off, All we saw was the picture from the site map because we bought as a cancelation.

We knew it didnt look like a huge garden but we had assumped since we had bought a 4 bed detached house we'd at least get SOME garden, but apparently its not, the land that the garden should be on has our car parking spaces on it,

Thats a real pity, but with the weather we have here its not the end of the world!
    We have a garden behind us, so if the weather is nice I'll put the bbq on and you can come over to us!

Drove by again last night, can't resist at this stage!! They seem to have put in two pillars to allow a pedestrian walkway into the estate from the main road to the green.
    The road has been leveled and I'd say that the tarmac will be done over the next few days. God they are flying now! The scaffolding has been taken down in front of the apartments so you can really see them now, very impressive!

Drove by again last night, am becoming a stalker at this stage! The road seems to be stopped for the last few days, wonder if the snagging will be delayed?!
    I am dying to just get in now and get everything sorted, don't think that i can take another few weeks of waiting to get in and see the house. Just want to be in and not stress about mortgage requirements, documentation etc!
    How does this Friday evening at 8pm sound to everyone to meet in the Clonsilla? Saturday might be a bit noisy with the music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Ah hopefully it wont be too much longer for you!! I wont be able to make Friday night i have a party to go too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Wont be able to make it fri have a work thing on. have you all arranged someone to do snag? Just wondering if you can recommend anyone. Saw few websites on the internet. Prices were from 275-350. Seems resonable i suppose. Just dont know who you would be getting though!

Ok, seems like no one can do this weekend!
    Is anyone free the following week, Friday 12th September @ 8pm in the Clonsilla Inn?

Hey friday the 12th suits, might be about 8.30 before I'm down there though! :)

• Advertisement

Sounds good!
    Looking forward to meeting everyone so that we can put faces to names! and find out who we know etc!

Advertisement