Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options
  • 22-02-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

A New Thread for the owners or future owners of properties in the Barnwell at Hansfield Development near Ongar, Dublin 15.

Hopefully this thread will grow. Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

TBH, I don't think we need threads for every new development that comes on stream, unless there are specific issues to be discussed such as schools, transport, etc.

I'm going to leave it for a day or two to see if anything develops, and if not I'm going to delete the thread and you can start a new one later if there's something in particular you feel needs to be discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Zaph wrote: »
    TBH, I don't think we need threads for every new development that comes on stream, unless there are specific issues to be discussed such as schools, transport, etc.

I'm going to leave it for a day or two to see if anything develops, and if not I'm going to delete the thread and you can start a new one later if there's something in particular you feel needs to be discussed.

Right you are then, hopefully it will take off. I know a number of people who bought up here and are in the process of going through the purchasing motions and have been looking for somewhere to discuss the same.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well in that case point them in our direction, new posters are always welcome.

Oh, and welcome to the D15 forum. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Welcome to D15. It's... erm... not that bad mostly. ;)

As regards Barnwell, take a read here to see what your management company will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

Me and partner have bought a 4 bed in Barnwell and having spoken to the site foreman today I have learned that the date of October for getting the keys may be a little wrong!
    Usually there are delays in getting the keys for a new development but I got the impression from the foreman, who is very helpful, that the houses due to be signed over in October are expected to be snagged in July before the builders holidays and could be ready for sign over as soon as end of August. Am going to ring the solicitors to confirm dates with Manor park solicitors so will update when I hear further information.
    Just thought I'd let people know so that if you are in a position like us and trying to get the deposit for the mortgage co together you have been forewarned that you may not have as long as you think!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ghusk wrote: »
    Me and partner have bought a 4 bed in Barnwell and having spoken to the site foreman today I have learned that the date of October for getting the keys may be a little wrong!
    Usually there are delays in getting the keys for a new development but I got the impression from the foreman, who is very helpful, that the houses due to be signed over in October are expected to be snagged in July before the builders holidays and could be ready for sign over as soon as end of August. Am going to ring the solicitors to confirm dates with Manor park solicitors so will update when I hear further information.
    Just thought I'd let people know so that if you are in a position like us and trying to get the deposit for the mortgage co together you have been forewarned that you may not have as long as you think!!!:confused:

An don't expect manor park to finish the snag either and the are more than glad to issue solicitors letter on failure of completion (on you part) or to fully complete written agreements issue by their solicitors, nasty nasty company

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Sorry to put a dampener on the excitment of getting the new house.

But I'd recommend that you ask some of your not to distant neighbours in Ongar Village about the treatment they received from Manor Park Homes and their various Management Companies.

Here is a link to a prevoius topic you may find interesting.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234146

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Hey there,
    Myself and hubbie have bought 3 bed in Barnwell, we were told feb would be our completion date?? We are in the cresent which is nearer the roundabout to blanchardstown. Might pop up and see foreman, see what kind of a date he gives us.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

We received notification today from our solicitors that the managment fees for the 3 bed will be €300.
    She has also said that Manor Park have removed the clause in the lease in relation to the Attic Space (they had originally said that it couldn't be used for storage!!!):confused:
    Previous notes on completion dates is interesting, i bought on the terrace. I'll investigate and if i here anything will put a post up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Let me get this right, you are buying a house and they were telling you that you could not use the attic for storage ?

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Let me get this right, you are buying a house and they were telling you that you could not use the attic for storage ?

Yes that about sums it up. Mad isn't it. Luckily I went through the contract with a fine tooth comb and I've a good solicitor too! :o
    I don't know why it was even put into the contract in the first place.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

marksquirt wrote: »
    Yes that about sums it up. Mad isn't it. Luckily I went through the contract with a fine tooth comb and I've a good solicitor too! :o
    I don't know why it was even put into the contract in the first place.:confused:

Howdy, my other half is ghusk above. Anyway we bought on the green. I never saw that in the contract any chance you could give me a refrence to which booklet it's in and on what page so I can throw the eye over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Myself and the missus are on the cancellation list for a 2 bed house in Barnwell. We've yet to hear anything other than a phone call to confirm we're still interested. :(

I've heard that a few people on the cancellation list have managed to get houses as some people have been unsuccessful with their mortgages due to the unstable market at the minute. Our mortgage broker gave me the impression that a good few people didn't get the amount they were hoping for, so you may be lucky!

Hi cpstears, I'll look up the contract tonight and send you info. It may only apply to 3 beds so don't be surprised if it's not in your contract! :)

CpStears - That comment on the attic appears in the Lease of Easements - Second Schedule - Part 2 - Paragraph 27 and reads as follows

"Not to use the attic (if any) in the Premises for storage and not to walk in the attic"

Let me know if it appears in your contract, it would be interesting to know. :confused:

On a seperate note does anyone have any further updates on completion dates. I'm sending my other half to visit the foreman on Friday and have asked my solicitor to check aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Did you go up and talk to foreman? I was told my house would be ready in august but i think it could be before that. How do you find savills agents? I find it hard to get responses from them. It took over a week for them to give me time to view showhouse. When i went up there was a load of people up there looking around!

Hi will be popping up to foreman tomorrow to talk to him so will update tomorrow night.
    I haven't had much dealings with Savills apart from the initial buying. Everything has gone through my solicitors.
    The general consensus is that the houses will be ready than originally planned.

hi folks,
    Haven't been online in a while was on holidays:)

Came home yesterday to receive a letter from savills about new completion dates, mine was originally feb 09 but is now novomber 08.We also missed out on getting into showhouse to take measurements ect.

Whats the story about the attic in 3 beds, we were told they were ready to be converted into a room for use due to ceiling heights ect. Does anyone have any further info on this??? Must have a look in contract and see what it says.

Hope your all well,
    Chat soon:)

Kia if you contact Savills directly they should be able to arrange for you to view the showhouse for measurements etc. We got one of the 4 beds and we are being given access in the next couple of weeks hopefully, or so they say in the letter, so you might be able to arrange a viewing then.
    There are some big changes in the dates of completion, which must be a first for people buying new builds!
    Hope that you get a look for measurements!

• Advertisement

Thanks ghusk i'll give them a ring today;)

Hi folks,
    Just checked contract about not using attic for storage or walking in, cant find anything about it. Would anyone else have any further info about this, we are a 3 bed with kitchen/bedroom extension???

Kia07 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just checked contract about not using attic for storage or walking in, cant find anything about it. Would anyone else have any further info about this, we are a 3 bed with kitchen/bedroom extension???

Did you see my quote above. Anyway the builders removed the clause from our contract and signed it so theres no hassle. We only bought a 3 bed i.e. no extension.
    I was up chatting with the foreman last week and he still gave December as our completion time (we bought on terrace)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tapori

Hi All,

I am looking forward to buy a four bedroom housr, what you guys think do they still selling it and is there any price diference between current and launch price.

They come furnished or un-furnished

Any detail reply will be highly appreciated .

thx

All of the houses are sold and there is a waiting list for cancellations with Savills so unless you ring them, there is little chance of getting a house. I know that there are more developments being build within the Hansfield development but as far as I know the people on the waiting list get first refusual on the houses.
    The houses come unfurnished. They only include fitted wardrobes (not in every room 3 of 4 in 4 bed house) a fitted kitchen with no appliances and the bathrooms have minimual tiling on the walls.
    HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tapori

Dear owners of BArnswell Hansfiled,

I need advice,
    1.Is it worh while to buy a 4 bed house in Barnswell Hansfiled, Ongar. Four bed costs almost 395,000 unfurnished means you have to add minumum 10,000 more for furnishing?
    2. I listened a train station is proposed, do you people think it is going to be operational in 2010?
    2. What is the reputation of developer? i mean quality of house?
    3. Any other advice that one should go for it or not, any prons and cons?

Will realy appreciate a detail reply.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PaintingMedium

tapori wrote: »
    Dear owners of BArnswell Hansfiled,

I need advice,
    1.Is it worh while to buy a 4 bed house in Barnswell Hansfiled, Ongar. Four bed costs almost 395,000 unfurnished means you have to add minumum 10,000 more for furnishing?
    2. I listened a train station is proposed, do you people think it is going to be operational in 2010?
    2. What is the reputation of developer? i mean quality of house?
    3. Any other advice that one should go for it or not, any prons and cons?

Will realy appreciate a detail reply.

Thanks

I can only answer three out of the four questions. The first question, I would not know myself.

2) The train station situation is a bit messy. It was originally planned, then it was put on a shelf, then it was planned, then who knows? Will it be open by 2010? I really do not know, they have changed their minds and plans for this a few times so it is hard to predict the future opening with any accuracy. There is a train station in Clonsilla, which is a twenty five minute walk from Ongar Park, it would be a thirty minute walk from the new houses.

3) The reputation of the developers? Oh my dear friend, not only will you have to deal with them but also terrible management companies. I can speak from experience, I worked for a while with the residents of Ongar and the developers and management companies are terrible. There was protests from the local community and politicians on the weekend the showhouses were open to potential buyers. There is a huge huge giant long list of unfinished work and terrible service. In Ongar, it really has made some of the residents lives a misery, not all but a good amount. So to those who bought property there, I hope they treat you well, but looking at their past and present developments, that is really unlikely.

Quality of houses? Well, there is a mixture of styles so some are good, some are bad. I know the apartments under town houses have awful problems with noise from their upstairs neighbours. It is not because of noisy neighbours but rather the design of the houses in Ongar and they can hear EVERYTHING. In my place, we had to get every window replaced because the original ones were actually falling out, you could see the whole window slowly coming out, cost a hell of a lot to replace. These are new houses so that should not happen. A lot of residents have huge problems with their boilers. Again this should not happen since they are such new houses.

There are many other things to look at when thinking of buying, firstly look at the tons of apartments and houses being sold in Ongar, that is not a good sign. The village still has lots of empty units which have never been filled. There is no sign these will be filled at all. The layout, roads and paths, is an absolute joke and is dangerous to everyone who uses it. On a positive note, it is a quiet area, not many scumbags, schools are being built and there is a chance the village will develop more.

4) Whether you should go for it or not. Yeah it is a grand area, it has problems, some of them are quite bad, but for most people it is okay and they do not encounter these problems. I would only recommend in D15, Ongar and Tyrellstown as new developments to live in. The rest seem really awful. But both of these are the best of a bad lot. <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

In my place, we had to get every window replaced because the original ones were actually falling out, you could see the whole window slowly coming out, cost a hell of a lot to replace. These are new houses so that should not happen. A lot of residents have huge problems with their boilers. Again this should not happen since they are such new houses.

I would have thought this would be covered under the structural fund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PaintingMedium

oblivious wrote: »
    I would have thought this would be covered under the structural fund?

Nope!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jj60

I have a holding deposit down on one of the 3 beds, no extension. Contracts are with my solicitor. Considering the current economic climate, are these houses still such good value at €299,950. I've seen other similar second hand houses for just over the 300K mark that would not need any work in the same area

Advertisement