Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

May 2021

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭murtyd17

Congrats everyone.
    For anyone that is breastfeeding are you planning on getting the vaccine when you are offered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aurian_loh

murtyd17 wrote: »
    Congrats everyone.
    For anyone that is breastfeeding are you planning on getting the vaccine when you are offered it?

I am hoping to breastfeed whenever baby decides to get here and get the vaccine once available. Obviously I'll speak to my gp and public health nurse about it before then but so far I haven't seen anything that has me worried about it. I figure if there is a possibility that I can pass on some antibodies to the baby to protect it from covid then that can only be a good thing.

I think maybe my only concern would be the timing of when I get it. Whether I'd wait till baby is a little older or straight away when I'm eligible but those are questions for the gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gigglybits

Little boy born on the 12th. Can't believe he will be a week old tomorrow.

Was taken in on the Monday for induction. 2 gels - nothing, waters broken - nothing, eventually brought in Tuesday evening to start on oxytocin drip followed very quickly by epidural. Was half asleep when midwife said to prepare to push. 3 contractions later and he was out.

Everyone I encountered in Holles Street were fantastic. I was a bit terrified of the whole induction process and while it was long, it was actually grand and there literally was someone to hold your hand if you needed it.

Best of luck with your labours. It is amazing to have baby on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

Congratulations to everyone!!
    Hope you are all getting over birth ok
    Had an induction on first baby, had the drip 😭 but never got the epidural until I was about 8cm.. The pain was out of this world. Going into the coombe on Monday for growth scan as they told me they think babies tummy is measuring big 😢 so looks like I'll be induced, again. Really wanted to avoid it and so sick of people telling me "you'll go yourself" 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aurian_loh

Today I am officially 41 weeks and baby has show zero interest in joining the outside world. Ftm so knew this was likely but really thought I would go last week. Will be going for an induction on Wednesday at this rate so doing everything anyone even remotely suggests to me to get this kid going. Even decided to clean minor stains out of the carpets on all floors over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea, Mrs Vagga is in her 39th week now and would rather like an eviction of the small person inside her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Congratulations all on your little babies.
    My teeny monkey came 9 days early out of nowhere. I went in for a standard scan feeling a little out of sorts and dizzy and was kept in.
    My waters broke hours later and the fun of labour began:)
    Holles Street staff are amazing, absolute angels.
    I'm so excited for everyone and wish you all so much joy and happiness.
    Xxx

Aurian_loh wrote: »
    Today I am officially 41 weeks and baby has show zero interest in joining the outside world. Ftm so knew this was likely but really thought I would go last week. Will be going for an induction on Wednesday at this rate so doing everything anyone even remotely suggests to me to get this kid going. Even decided to clean minor stains out of the carpets on all floors over the weekend.

I've heard acupuncture is really good for induction, it worked within hours for my sister.
    If you're based in Dublin, Acubaby off Grafton street is supposed to be great.
    Apparently its good for relaxing you and the baby too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tatevik

Hi all, baby boy Daniel arrived into this world at 6.46am on the 20th weighing a whopping 9lbs 4oz. I had to be induced in the end as I was 12 days over. The 20th is our wedding anniversary so I think he wanted to share our special day with him!!! So amazing to be home with our little bundle of joy, I can’t believe he is ours.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to give birth, it’s tough going but so worth it in the end!!

Tatevik wrote: »
    Hi all, baby boy Daniel arrived into this world at 6.46am on the 20th weighing a whopping 9lbs 4oz. I had to be induced in the end as I was 12 days over. The 20th is our wedding anniversary so I think he wanted to share our special day with him!!! So amazing to be home with our little bundle of joy, I can’t believe he is ours.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to give birth, it’s tough going but so worth it in the end!!

Amazing!! 12 days over...wow..fair play to you momma. Happy extra special wedding anniversary!

• Advertisement
Advertisement