Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I covered for Windscreen repair / replacement ?

Options
  • 22-04-2021 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I was driving the M50 to work and a pebble or something bounced off the windscreen. It started as a chip but is starting to spread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Depends on insurance policy as mine was not , go to a repair centre as they can tell from the disc if covered.

Just noticed where i am posting and just to add i am not with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PeterByrne1987

greasepalm wrote: »
    Depends on insurance policy as mine was not , go to a repair centre as they can tell from the disc if covered.

Just noticed where i am posting and just to add i am not with them.
    I read online that if it is covered it's only free using their chosen windscreen repair place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Might have to phone them as many windscreen agents are used by so many firms.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]You need to call the 24-hour windscreen helpline on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]1890 94 4410[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] (or [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]00 800 88 0 88 228[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] if calling from outside the Republic of Ireland). You will be asked for your policy reference number.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PeterByrne1987

greasepalm wrote: »
    Might have to phone them as many windscreen agents are used by so many firms.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]You need to call the 24-hour windscreen helpline on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]1890 94 4410[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] (or [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]00 800 88 0 88 228[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] if calling from outside the Republic of Ireland). You will be asked for your policy reference number.[/font]
    Will do cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Rachel

I was driving the M50 to work and a pebble or something bounced off the windscreen. It started as a chip but is starting to spread
    Hi Peter,

Can you private message your policy number I will check if you are covered for Windscreen cover.

Many thanks 
    Rachel

• Advertisement
Advertisement