Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Priests and their obsession with Status and Wealth

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭monara

smacl wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, would you include the likes of the Jehovah's Witnesses in the above statement? Reason I ask is that I know very many Christians don't consider any non-trinitarian Christians to be Christian, even though those people profess to follow and spread the word of Christ according as they believe it to be.

Over the course of history there seems to have been a considerable amount of blood spilled by one group of Christians attacking another group of Christians over what seem rather minor differences to those of us who aren't in the least Christian.

Thanks for a good question. Those who believe in Christ and follow Him are His church. Christians attacking Christians, or even other human beings are, and always have been, an affront to Christ and what He taught. His key command is that we love one another, and that love is not to be confined to Christians only.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

monara wrote: »
    Thanks for a good question. Those who believe in Christ and follow Him are His church. Christians attacking Christians, or even other human beings are, and always have been, an affront to Christ and what He taught. His key command is that we love one another, and that love is not to be confined to Christians only.

Thanks, very much what my understanding of being Christian ought to mean from the outside looking in. Unfortunately in my experience it is a fundamental principle that is squarely rejected all too often. The devil does indeed seem to come out in the detail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,850 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    As biblical scholar Richard Pervo, an expert in Acts explains:

What an unfortunate name, I hope the "acts" he is expert in are legal and consensual... ;)

monara wrote: »
    Truly the catholic church in particular is a church of sinners which is probably why so many of us feel confortable in it.

Many of the catholic clergy feel* very comfortable in sinning and many others in covering it up :mad:

* Or, as we are told, felt - we shall see. Sadly I suspect we're far from Peak Kiddy Fiddler Priest Revelations yet and it's not all going to be stuff from decades ago.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,850 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wrong thread, can't delete... 🙄

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement