Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holidays - Portrush area

• 25-02-2020 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

I am wondering if anybody can advise me on nice areas for a holiday with two kids. We travelled by portrush before going from letterkenny to the giants causeway. Is there much to do for kids around that area? I am hoping to get a nice self catering break not in the town but maybe close enough that we could walk to the beach area?
    What other places could you recommend either? Its been years since we had holidays in the north and would love my kids to see all it has to offer :D

Comments

michdee wrote: »
    I am wondering if anybody can advise me on nice areas for a holiday with two kids. We travelled by portrush before going from letterkenny to the giants causeway. Is there much to do for kids around that area? I am hoping to get a nice self catering break not in the town but maybe close enough that we could walk to the beach area?
    What other places could you recommend either? Its been years since we had holidays in the north and would love my kids to see all it has to offer :D

Apart from visiting the Giant’s Causeway there are lively beaches, some of which you can drive on it close to. Portstewart Strand, Benone Strand are both good for families. Downhill Demesne nice for walking around with views down to the beach. A day trip to Rathlin island is very worthwhile-a minibus can take you from ferry terminal to the amazing bird cliffs and lots of families with children enjoy this sight. I would highly recommend doing that and the terminal areas are quite civilised and family friendly. The boat is fully wheelchair accessible for those who need it. The Antrim coast is really spectacular. Last year I stayed in an absolutely delightful and I spilt Village in the Glens coast called Cushendun. The Roe Valley at Limivady has beautiful riverside walks which are popular with families.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Thank you so much I am going to check all these out

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Glens of Antrim is a must-see if you haven't been before.

Advertisement