Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Stumbled upon this site for news on all four shows gathered in the one place... http://thearrowverse.com/

It's not particularly spoilery, mostly casting news and who they're playing, as well as interviews with execs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Dominators
    will be the big bad for the super 4 part crossover in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For those who watched on Hulu The CW now have an App for many devices which will be showing full episodes for free.

Only in the States I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

A new superhero fight club video was released a few days ago but only on the CW app. You can probably find it online but not on YouTube. It's not as great as the first one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

A new superhero fight club video was released a few days ago but only on the CW app. You can probably find it online but not on YouTube. It's not as great as the first one though.

Vimeo to the rescue! :)
    https://vimeo.com/184983363

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    Vimeo to the rescue! :)
    https://vimeo.com/184983363

Diggle's reaction to Martian Manhunter :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Diggle's reaction to Martian Manhunter :D

Yeah that's the only good thing about the video

Yeah that's the only good thing about the video

And Cisco's channeling of Axl :D

Best thing about this week, Flash & Arrow are back

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And Cisco's channeling of Axl :D

Best thing about this week, Flash & Arrow are back

And supergirl and legends the week after. Also can't wait for Diggle's reaction to meeting Supergirl.

Luke Cage is keeping me pretty busy today and is beyond amazing, but I'm still stupidly excited for The Flash on Tuesday kicking off the return of the Berlanti-verse...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Markus Helpful Numbskull

What channel are these going to be on?
    Went forward on the Sky planner and couldnt see them.

What channel are these going to be on?
    Went forward on the Sky planner and couldnt see them.

Supergirl Sky 1 Oct 24th

Flash Sky 1 Oct 25th

Arrow Sky 1 Oct 26th

Can't find anything on LoT.

YouTube version of fight club 2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

That hurt to watch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That hurt to watch.

I was in til the hand holding. Only Guardians may hand hold. I'm sure that's written in a book somewhere :D

First glimpse of the 4-show crossover in the new Legends trailer...

So I'm guessing Supergirl will be staying in her own Universe after all as "Flashpoint" didn't seem to do anything to blend the universes into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Though if they drag Supergirl and her cast over being in another universe would provide a great excuse for Superman not saving the day when things get out of hand.

If memory serves he doesn't step in to help more than once in season one because it's bad manners or something.

So I'm guessing Supergirl will be staying in her own Universe after all as "Flashpoint" didn't seem to do anything to blend the universes into one.

Yeah looks that way

http://www.cbr.com/supergirls-world-wont-merge-with-arrowverse/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Haven't seen the new seasons yet. *blames luke cage* :)

but..

I didn't get any impression from the TV show that worlds were gonna merge.

They left me with:
    multiple earths
    - there's earth 1, earth 2 and earth supergirl
    - you can move between the different earths
    timetravel
    - there's timetravel
    - you can travel backward and forward in time
    - you can change the events in the past and they affect the future
    interaction between multiple earths and time travel
    - you can move between the different earths regardless of what time it is, you'll still be at that same point in time
    - you can travel backward and forward in time regardless of which earth you are on, you'll still be on that same earth

3 out of 4 premieres in the bag and all were very impressive - instills me with confidence for the Legends of Tomorrow season 2 premiere on Thursday.

So great to see Tom Felton join the cast of The Flash.

I did lol when Doctor Alchemy was introduced as the Big Bad for the season.....
    Philosopher's Stone & former Potter cast member
    surely gives away who plays him.:D

An enjoyable first full week of DC shows on the CW.

So far this season Arrow, Supergirl and Legends have stepped up their games big time, to the point where I personally think The Flash has been the weakest of the four. The Flash is still great though, so that's really a testament to the other three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I gave up on supergirl about 1/3-1/2 way through the first season, but watch the other 3 as soon as they come out.

Is supergirl worth another stab?

I wouldn't give it another shot but this whole crossover bit is making me second guess myself as I didn't watch arrow until the legends of tomorrow crossover and then I went back to the start and watched all of Arrow.

crazyderk wrote: »
    I gave up on supergirl about 1/3-1/2 way through the first season, but watch the other 3 as soon as they come out.

Is supergirl worth another stab?

I wouldn't give it another shot but this whole crossover bit is making me second guess myself as I didn't watch arrow until the legends of tomorrow crossover and then I went back to the start and watched all of Arrow.

Supergirl really only finds it feet in the latter half of season 1, and season 2 is somewhat of a soft reboot because of the move to the CW... You could probably get away with just watching the final 5 episodes of Season 1 (16-20) and then go straight into Season 2, but there's some good stuff mid-season 1 as well. Season 2 has been superb so far, so definitely get back to it at some point, if you enjoy the other 3 shows.

I really enjoyed Legends this week and have to say surprisingly Legends is my favorite of the shows this season.

Any ideas what
    2056 Barry Allen's message
    to Rip was?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I started off as a Flash fan but it was born out of randomly seeing his intro in Arrow. Manu Bennett also made the season but by christ Katie Cassidy nearly necked me with her god awful acting.

I seen people moan about her before but by christ, I was not prepared for Laurel Lance and her ****ness.

Advertisement