Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jon Favreau's Happy Hogan
    returning to the MCU in Spider-Man: Homecoming..

Photos of
    The Shocker
    spotted on the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming have surfaced online..

Hugo Weaving hasn't ruled out returning as Red Skull, he said this in a Yahoo interview, full interview in the link below if anyone's interested in reading

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/role-recall-hugo-weaving-on-his-journey-from-priscilla-to-the-matrix-to-the-dressmaker-130831224.html
    With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He has said this before and he also added before that Marvel can force him to return due to his contract.

He would be no great loss anyway he phoned the role in anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

He has said this before and he also added before that Marvel can force him to return due to his contract.

He would be no great loss anyway he phoned the role in anyway.

Agreed. I'd actually rather see the role recast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I remember seeing CA: TFA and thinking they could have done more with Red Skull. I mean there was nothing that I saw as particularly bad about Weaving's performance, I just thought for such an iconic role in the comics that it just seemed like a damp squib on screen.

But I suppose that's a general criticism of marvel villains, in that where do you draw the line between bad acting and a badly written role? I'd liken Skull's role to Malekith and Ronan, in that the characters were simply underused and underdeveloped. I certainly wouldn't have accused Eccleston and Pace of phoning things in anyway.

So for me, Weaving didn't phone in his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah Red Skull would have been much better off being used as a shadowy figure behind the scenes for a while rather than being the main villain in his first film and then gone.

Marvel really need to stop killing off villains so easily, because then you either have to rely on lesser known villains, or tie yourself in knots trying to bring supposedly dead villains back. I mean they completely wasted Crossbones in Civil War. He could have planted a bomb nearby that allowed him to escape and still have the accident play out as it did. Then you still have the option of Crossbones showing up again in a later film, even just as a henchman/hired goon for someone else.

Sam Neill joins the cast of Thor Ragnarok.

This might be the most impressive cast yet for a MCU film.

Doctor Strange
    &
    Vision
    confirmed for Avengers Infinity War.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

in fairness wouldnt be much much of an infinity war without
    vision

Wonder if they'll have thanos reclaim that particular stone.

• Advertisement

horgan_p wrote: »
    in fairness wouldnt be much much of an infinity war without
    vision

Wonder if they'll have thanos reclaim that particular stone.

The only think I can think might happen is
    Doctor Strange working some magic mojo to help Vision be alive/powerful without the mind stone.

Doctor Strange's Eye of Agamotto has been confirmed to hold
    an Infinity Stone!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

That's a bit of a retcon. I hope that every time they hit something difficult to explain in context (such as magic ) they dont just shrug their shoulders and go "meh, cause infinity stones"

horgan_p wrote: »
    That's a bit of a retcon. I hope that every time they hit something difficult to explain in context (such as magic ) they dont just shrug their shoulders and go "meh, cause infinity stones"

Well making the tesseract (cosmic cube) and Vision's gem (solar jewel) into infinity stones is already along the same lines, so I don't think there's much harm. The existence of the stones themselves open the door to such magics existing in other forms too once the infinity stones story is over.

The only damage it'll cause is possibly
    depowering Strange & Vision for much of Infinity Wars and how they work around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hang on!!

Are we getting three Marvel movies in 2017; Guardians 2, Thor 3 and Spider-Man!?!? That's insane, I'm so excited!!

Yes we're getting 3 Marvel films next year, GoTG Vol 2 in May, Spider-Man in July, and Thor 3 in November..

Though I'm sure Ireland will see those before the U.S as that's how it generally works, open worldwide before opening in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Yes we're getting 3 Marvel films next year, GoTG Vol 2 in May, Spider-Man in July, and Thor 3 in November..

I will happily accept Dr Strange as a dud if these three live up to my expectations.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I will happily accept Dr Strange as a dud if these three live up to my expectations.

I doubt it'll be a dud, but it's definitely going to be trippy, like Marty and the polaroids trippy..

Potential Thor: Ragnarok spoilers
    While on Ragnarok, Thor and Hulk end up having to fight their way out in the arenas. The arenas are run by The Grandmaster who has a rather tough enforcer named Skurge (Karl Urban) who plays a big part in the plot of the film. While fighting in the arenas Thor runs into the beautiful Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) a fellow contestant. The two earn each other’s respect and plot a way off the planet. Somehow, Skurge turns to the light and helps them escape. How this all unfolds is still a mystery.

Forest Whitaker joins the cast of Black Panther.

• Advertisement

Evangeline Lilly reveals
    Wasp will NOT appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR; will show up in AVENGERS 4 the following year.

14910303_1535724263110807_3269391455571505472_n.jpg?oh=2815e6412f8a97bc2774a6e736644997&oe=588D1683

Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer will be attached to Rogue One..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh wow, that was hilarious! :D

My mouth almost hurts from grinning so much.:eek::)

Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer

Marvel's slate of films starting until November 2020

15439835_1583453858337847_7369833686233439522_n.jpg?oh=252adc3cee4db1e597ffd59f52171475&oe=58B09AEC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Didn't know they'd already announced a Spidey sequel, that's cool. Safe enough bet that Doctor Strange 2 and Guardians 3 will be in 2020?

• Advertisement

Three a year I was thinking they would try and four in a year one every quarter but that might be over kill.

Advertisement