Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Those Ships - alt-folk/lo-fi/chamber-pop

Options
  • 09-10-2010 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello thar,
    I'd appreciate it very much if you'd take some time to listen to a few tracks from my new album, Perils, which can be streamed/downloaded in its entirety at http://allthoseships.bandcamp.com

I've written, performed, recorded, and produced everything on this CD, which includes drums, guitars, violins, tin whistles, kalimbas, and a bunch of other stuff, and it ranges in genre from shoegaze to celtic, with an overall alt-folk/lo-fi feel throughout.

It's currently at name-your-own-price downloading, which means you can put down $0.00 when asked and that would be just fine and dandy, but I'm putting it back to a standard $5 in a few days; if you'd like a free download after that, give me a holler and I'm sure we can arrange something.

Any feedback would be awesome, positive or no, and if you're interested in finding out more, you can check out my official website at http//allthoseships.com

Thanks for your time,
    -Brandon
    (All Those Ships)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Nice. Well put together and a good depth of imagination. As good as anything else being put out by dudes with labels behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 allthoseships

Thanks very much! Although it would be fairly nice to have one of those label things for financial stability's sake, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Nah. Label =/= financial stability. Being on a label just makes it that little bit easier to reach your audience. The money's in great live shows and merchandise. So work on your live performance, get a load of dudes together who can replicate the sound live and print up t-shirts.

Labels are only any use at a certain point, to give you that extra push after you've done the ground work. You've already had some guy you don't know in Ireland listen and respond. Keep doing what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Hey all those ships,

your stuff is really good. I listened to it in full x 2 and its got a nice vibe to the recordings. Did you do them all at home?

My favourite song right now is The Peril of Travelling without Maps ... I really like the harmonies and melodies on this song

:D

Thanks very much! It was recorded mostly at home(s), with a few exceptions (e.g. the piano was recorded in a practice room at my university, the autoharp was recorded in a cramped booth at a radio station I used to work at, and most of The Pains of Travelling Without Maps was recorded in an apartment I was living in a couple years ago), but there were no professional studios used, all my own personal equipment I've put together over the course of the past half-decade or so, excepting that I might've used someone else's microphone to record the autoharp on Used To.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Great job,

Really like what I have heard so far, particularly Wandering - i really like the sound captured in that song,

Think the voice really suits the music too,

Will listen more, when i'm more in the mood for that type of music!

Very impressed with the amount of work you have put into this, keep it up!

Thanks so much!

Advertisement