Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

dahamsta wrote: »
    Feel free to point out the incorrect part of my statement, smartarse. Go on, read it again.

Can anyone tell me if the eMobile HTC handsets come with stock HTC ROMs, or modified ROMs that'll result in delayed updates?

Im fairly sure eMobile and meteor are unbranded, if you buy from CPW its 100 % unbranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

OTA 1.29 available on Meteor now. Did a manual check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just got prompted for 1.29 update, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

dahamsta wrote: »
    Feel free to point out the incorrect part of my statement, smartarse. Go on, read it again.

Can anyone tell me if the eMobile HTC handsets come with stock HTC ROMs, or modified ROMs that'll result in delayed updates?

Definitely not branded. Bought two from them now and both unlocked / stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

The official changelog

HTC Sense Version: 4.0
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Software number: 1.29.401.7
    Rollout date: May 1, 2012

Starting May 1, 2012, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC One X. This update will only be available for HTC Europe & Middle East customers and can be installed to the device over the air.
    This system update includes several enhancements and bug fixes such as the following:
    • Improved power management
    • Enhanced HTC Car user experience for navigation voice prompts
    • Camera improvements for HDR mode and video snapshot
    • Improved incoming call alert speed
    • Added device volume control when in DLNA mode (HTC Media Link HD required)
    * Reminder: You must have at least 35% battery remaining in your phone before you begin any update. Charging your phone during an update may interfere with the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Power management ey? I wonder if I'll notice the difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Sweet, just finished the download myself. (on meteor)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just got notification of an update too - on 02. Downloaded and installed, Sense crashed after restart which is not encouraging. Fingers crossed it will be ok

Zascar wrote: »
    I just got notification of an update too - on 02. Downloaded and installed, Sense crashed after restart which is not encouraging. Fingers crossed it will be ok

Is your phone branded ?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Unbranded on 3. Checked, updated, call forwarding on notification up, but not turned on in settings, and called my phone and it wasn't forwarded. Going to reboot to see if clears that up

Edit: Hmmm, reboot, in the notification bar still has Call Forwarding ongoing despite it being disabled. This is slightly annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

flugel wrote: »
    Unbranded on 3. Checked, updated, call forwarding on notification up, but not turned on in settings, and called my phone and it wasn't forwarded. Going to reboot to see if clears that up

Edit: Hmmm, reboot, in the notification bar still has Call Forwarding ongoing despite it being disabled. This is slightly annoying!

There is a code to enter that removes this, I am not sure but try...##21# then "call"

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

MoodeRator wrote: »
    There is a code to enter that removes this, I am not sure but try...##21# then "call"

Got it removed. What I did was inputted a call forward number and set that, then disabled it and it removed it from the notification bar, weird though. Thanks for the tip though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 male_fatale

Hi
    I just got an OTA update notification today from O2 that there is an update available for download. So i downloaded and tried to install it but didn't work.
    I've unlocked boot loader through htcdev site and installed ClockworkMod recovery. When I trigger the installation through Hboot ( recovery ) i can select the ota file but it gives me signature verification failed error, so i disabled verification for signature and tried that again. It gave me different error installation aborted ( Status 7 ).

Does anybody know how to install this OTA?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why are you trying to install the stock OTA after rooting the phone?

Hi
    I just got an OTA update notification today from O2 that there is an update available for download. So i downloaded and tried to install it but didn't work.
    I've unlocked boot loader through htcdev site and installed ClockworkMod recovery. When I trigger the installation through Hboot ( recovery ) i can select the ota file but it gives me signature verification failed error, so i disabled verification for signature and tried that again. It gave me different error installation aborted ( Status 7 ).

Thank you.

Most likely your custom rom is already on 1.28 if not 1.29 :S

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I haven't been on to them yet but if you could let me know how much they charge you that would be great.

I get you re the insurance but I didn't think of it. How these phone makers can get away with making phones not able to handle even the slightest wear and tear is beyond me. I've see iphones fall off peoples laps and shatter and my fall could not have been more innocious

It's after costing me €211 to get it fixed ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Hi

Thank you.

What custom rom are you using btw?

Basically if you succeed in installing the update OTA then your device will be relocked and stock recovery reinstalled... you'll have to go through the whole process of unlocking, installing clockworkmod again.

However there are a lot of custom roms that are at 1.29 atm....tomorrow android revolution should be updated to the new 1.29.401.11 RUU

You can allways obtain firmware updates a lot earlier through a rooted device/custom rom route than going with the stock OTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

anybody got screen protectors / invisible shields? if yes, from where? thinking i might need one soonish after i get the one x hopefully in the next few days,

Well I've rooted the device 2 months ago and i didn't know about the latest version. Today I've received message from o2 that the ota update 1.28 is available. So i though that will update withou any issues.my current version is 1.26.xx
    Any suggestions on how to update to the latest version? Custom firmware? Will my phone be still unlocked for o2?
    beno619 wrote: »
    Hi

Thank you.

Most likely your custom rom is already on 1.28 if not 1.29 :S

Spipov wrote: »
    anybody got screen protectors / invisible shields? if yes, from where? thinking i might need one soonish after i get the one x hopefully in the next few days,

I bought one set on ebay. Protector, car holder, car charger, plastic cover. Everything for 13eur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Well I've rooted the device 2 months ago and i didn't know about the latest version. Today I've received message from o2 that the ota update 1.28 is available. So i though that will update withou any issues.my current version is 1.26.xx
    Any suggestions on how to update to the latest version? Custom firmware? Will my phone be still unlocked for o2?

Unlocking has nothing to do with your provider. but if you manage to install the stock ota it will re-lock your device again....essentially your phone will mostly be reverted back to stock.

however look into this thread which has a list of the ota's for the One X and maybe try installing it this way? post 2 has installation instructions. Have a good read through it if you decide to go down this route.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1606676

I bought one set on ebay. Protector, car holder, car charger, plastic cover. Everything for 13eur

thanks. do you have a link? whats the screen protector like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Spipov wrote: »
    The cheap ones are fine and they serve a purpose but there are better ones available for a bit more like Zagg and skinomi

Use these discount codes (or google for others)

ZAGG20 will get you 20% off.

skinomi25 for a 25% discount.

I put the skinomi one on mine and its very good, fair bit thicker than standard skins and worked out around €11 delivered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just did an update on my HTC one S with Meteor to:

Software Number: 1.78.401.2

The battery is lasting way longer now.
    So far battery is at 72% on 20h2m47s. The screen is using far less power than it was previous to this update.

cdb wrote: »
    The cheap ones are fine and they serve a purpose but there are better ones available for a bit more like Zagg and skinomi

Use these discount codes (or google for others)

ZAGG20 will get you 20% off.

skinomi25 for a 25% discount.

I put the skinomi one on mine and its very good, fair bit thicker than standard skins and worked out around €11 delivered.

Thanks a lot..

im not going with the zagg, at least not anymore. they are horrible after a couple of months use, they become orange and manky.

ill try the skinomi now i think, time for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone any tips for a basic slim fitting skin? Just want to protect the camera lens really and offer some protection to the body of the phone.

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Anyone any tips for a basic slim fitting skin? Just want to protect the camera lens really and offer some protection to the body of the phone.

Cheers,
    M

For the OneX or S?
    For X partyatmygaff recommended this and many of us happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

For the OneX or S?
    For X partyatmygaff recommended this and many of us happy!

Great sir! That looks like exactly what I want. Can you leave it on a table and not worry about the lens getting scratched once it's on the One X?

All the best,
    M

Yep. The lens area protrudes less then 1mm but enough to keep the actual lens off the surface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Gonzo wrote: »
    just did an update on my HTC one S with Meteor to:

Software Number: 1.78.401.2

The battery is lasting way longer now.
    So far battery is at 72% on 20h2m47s. The screen is using far less power than it was previous to this update.
    That's good to hear, I have to wait until I get home to do my update on WiFi. TBH I didn't really have an issue with the battery after a couple of charges.
    Just on a side note, would it be ok to use a different charger like a Samsung charger albeit a micro usb?

Advertisement