Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer: Mortal Realms

• 13-01-2020 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Tesco in Ireland are stocking the new mortal realms magazine as they are in the uk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

randomrb wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Tesco in Ireland are stocking the new mortal realms magazine as they are in the uk?

The Games Workshop store in Dublin is the only place I've seen it so far. No sign of it in Easons over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

Managed to get one in Fagans/Toymaster Mullingar but they only got 2 in last week as samples.

Considering subscribing for the first few issues to see is it worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Havnt seen em in Tesco or Eason yet, but havnt been in the bigger stores. I subscribed last week but im still not seeing it coming up when I log in so may get on to them.
    I wouldnt mind picking up 3 or 4 copies though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

These partworks are pretty hit or miss so far a stocking goes. Didnt spot it at my Tesco or local newsagents, but the small shop in my village got 2 copies in last week (just bought the second one for more Nighthaunts this morning :D ). From what Ive heard online, some shops just have an agreement with a certain magazine distributor who sends two of the first 4-6 issues of most partworks they put out but then nothing afterwards. Thinking of subbing, but if it comes from the UK then no clue what Brexit might do to it a year down the line...prob just a price hike on the sub to ship outside the UK. I have seen the 40k Conquest in Easons on O'Connell St down the years, think it ran into the 30+ issues but not seen any of the more recent ones in the past few months, so no clue if they will be getting this.

More on a positive note, spotted an article that revealed the first 11 issues contents. https://www.fauxhammer.com/news/warhammer-mortal-realms-magazine-issues-1-12-content-confirmed/

1-4 - we know already
    5 - Exclusive Stormcast Hero for the partwork
    6 - Thorns of the Briar Queen minis (one of the Shadespire warbands)
    7 - A regular paint and shade (the larger size bottles), no clue which ones though
    8 - Stormcast Celestar Ballista and pot of Kantor Blue
    9 - Sprue of Castigators and Sequitors to bulk up the existing units
    10 - Tomb Banshee and Khorne Red paint
    11 - Part of the Mausoleum terrain

Mainly in it for the Nighthaunt minis personally, think they are a fantastic looking range.

:edit: Also forgot, Forbidden Planet in the UK is stocking them and selling slightly below the RRP (only a few pence though) so maybe the Dublin store might get some. https://forbiddenplanet.com/catalog/?q=mortal%20realms&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Easons Blanchardstown had a ton of them in stock.
    But they are being bought in their multiples according to the staff there.
    I've been picking up Conquest for the nephew the there.

Will be there tomorrow and let you know if theirs any of issue two in stock.

The little stand outside Easons on O Connell street would have issues of Conquest So that might be worth a look see for those interested.

• Advertisement

Blanch has 4 left on the shelf.
    Staff say that's the last of them.

Was digging round the Fauxhammer articles on this and they clarified something with ForbPlanet. If you drop all the pr-orders into your basket for future issues, you will only pay as they ship out (at £7.49 or €8.74 per issue so cheaper than the €10 I would imagine it will RRP here at) and only ever pay a flat charge on the first issue shipping, all others will be covered by this charge. And this will ship worldwide (or into the depths of the non-Dublin Irish countryside, which is just as far and unreachable according to most services in this country). You wont get any of the fancy bonus tolls or the extra minis for the Premium sub but can chopn change which issues you want.

Handy enough if you arent set on subbing for the full whack, and get it sent to your door each week.

And a few more about the country.

anyone seen some in Cork? im tempted to pop in to the city but its a bit of a journey for possible disappointment

Give your local shops a call before making the trip. Would Other Realms have it in stock?

Or try Gunmonkeys Forbidden planet option.

• Advertisement

MarkHall wrote: »
    Give your local shops a call before making the trip. Would Other Realms have it in stock?

Or try Gunmonkeys Forbidden planet option.

Other realms is a good shout, I need a few bits from about the place so might just go on the hunt anyways

Is there not a Warhammer store in Cork? They are stocking the magazine (spotted it in the GW in Dublin today).

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerCork/

Also, the fella outside Easons on O'Connell St has a pile of them, grabbed 2 and would say he has 8+ copies left.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Is there not a Warhammer store in Cork? They are stocking the magazine (spotted it in the GW in Dublin today).

yep, ended up getting 2 there,they must have got more in as i had called and there was none.
    i suppose those 2 and 1 from the subscription isnt bad.

nothing in easons cork, they didnt seem aware of it at all

yep, ended up getting 2 there,they must have got more in as i had called and there was none.
    i suppose those 2 and 1 from the subscription isnt bad.

noting in easons cork, they didnt seem aware of it at all

Yeah, no sign in any I visited in Dublin today. No sign of the 40k Conquest latest issue either (stall I got my 2 MR issues from had it) so am thinking Easons arent carrying either anymore :(

Advertisement