Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becoming a Pagan/Shaman

Options
  • 20-05-2007 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I am interested in looking at any decent courses or workshops in Dublin that give information on Shamanism or Celtic Druidery (sorry I can't distinguish between any at this stage). I know of one in Wexford, but it is too far for me to travel. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Hi there!!
    Cool that you're starting to look. Perhaps the Trees are 'calling you back'! There are loads of options out there fore you....but I suppose the instrinisc stuff would be best with OBOD (www.druidry.org) or something like that. There is a link on this forum to the druid network which has LOADS of links with great resources.

I suggest you find yourself a couple of teachers. Take a psychic development course or perhaps something to do with earth energy or crystals...and combine that with some Druidical knowledge. While a little expensive, the OBOD course (did it about nearly 10 years ago!) was VERY imformative but teachings not something I would entirely rely on heavily...they are very much an oldy english org (dont mean in a nationalistic sense!!!!) and not a fan of the whole blending wicca & druidry together.

There is a guy in Louth teaching shamanistic courses, which are great...went to one long time ago. But take/read about all the above and start blending as best you feel...most importantly...spirit of place...visit sites - thats where the energy is invested.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Thanks, they seem to be based in the UK though, I was hoping for somwhere a little closer to home (Dublin) Just a basic course that anyone could recommend would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I dont' think that it is something that can be taught personally, but that is something that you experience and learn from .
    People can at times help you on the way as you gain your understandings.

HAve you just tried using goggle ?
    As several will pop up.
    I can't give a recemendation as I have not done any such classes/courses/workshops.

http://anamspirit.com/anam.html
    http://www.spiritcentre.org/workshops.html
    http://www.shamanismireland.com/

This seems to be what you have outlined you are looking for:

http://www.shamanismireland.com/shamanic_courses/spirit_in_the_city.htm
    Spirit in the City

This course suffices as a prerequisite for the other courses..

Due to the phenomenal success of this course last year we are extending it to eight weeks. We are also including the option of a Firewalk at Dunderry Park for those who are interested as an extra night.

The course will take place in a central location in Dublin city, the intention being, to create a shamanic community in the urban environment for people new to shamanism and for more experienced practitioners who wish to stay connected to shamanic practice.

Includes:

* Lectures on shamanic practice and principles
    * Spiritual movie show
    * Shamanic journeys
    * Healing circle
    * Ecstatic journey (dance, breathwork and journeying)
    * Spirit boat
    * Dreamscaping
    * Creating safe community space
    * Firewalk (optional)
    and the cost is €225.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

boreds wrote:
    Thanks, they seem to be based in the UK though, I was hoping for somwhere a little closer to home (Dublin) Just a basic course that anyone could recommend would be great.

Well, the psychic/spiritual development are all courses run in any number of healing centres throughout Dublin - and there are a few now!! Thats the route I started out with. Then try mediumship, that really helped me especailly developing sesnsitivity to sites and stuff there.

The place I started in was Terenure (try google search - avalon I think) - although it's a very different place now to what it was 10 years ago. some Clairvoyants run courses...thats a start!!!

There are also very eclectic individuals, like Vinny Woods (he is teaching crystal workshop this weekend in Wex I think) but he includes alot of training about sensitivity 'n' stuff....that might also be a good start. If you're interested PM me.

You really just have to do a little searching and you'll find it. I agree with previous poster...just get info...interweb FULL of stuff...and work from there!

Advertisement