Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog nutritionist?

• 27-10-2020 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

My dog has some complicated medical issues. I feel disappointed with the advice given by the vets I've dealt with. Does anyone know of a pet nutritionist?
    I've seen a couple online but they seem to all have questionable qualifications.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

ClubDead wrote: »
    My dog has some complicated medical issues. I feel disappointed with the advice given by the vets I've dealt with. Does anyone know of a pet nutritionist?
    I've seen a couple online but they seem to all have questionable qualifications.

If you want proper information you'd need a dietician, not a nutritionist. It's the same for humans, unfortunately the internet would have you believe differently.

Maybe try a different vet, not all vets are the same in terms of being up to date with current information regarding pet nutrition. While our local vets are pretty good for almost everything we need, they themselves would admit that nutrition would not be their forte...

Some people here feed raw, I don't except for a couple of small rib bones a week , but I do cook their food, usually a mix of chicken or turkey mince, peas, brown rice, carrots, red peppers and they get odd treats of frozen broccoli, small bit of apple, carrots or pears. I try to keep it balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

i find when any of the dogs are feeling off and dont want to eat i dice finely a sweet potatoe and a carrot and some brocoli i cook this till its nice and soft then i poach some chicken breast and add it to this veg mix its good nutrition and fibre and easy to digest i will add brown rice to bulk it out for the bigger dog.

Advertisement