Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last Board Game you played

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Managed a 7 player Game of Thrones second edition on Sunday.

It was quite the epic game, sadly we didn't have time to finish it, so had to call it a game with house Tyrel sitting happily with 6 strongholds.

We didn't use Targaryen as they seem to require a complete different play style and experience, so just used house Arryn instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I seriously miss the days of playing Game Of Thrones, probably the most enjoyable group gaming sessions I've ever had anyways.

Commands & Colors; Napoleonics.

A game with a bit of set up, and a few fiddely rules, but over all a great boxed wargame. All those wooden blocks of units really give the game it's charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Managed a 7 player Game of Thrones second edition on Sunday.

It was quite the epic game, sadly we didn't have time to finish it, so had to call it a game with house Tyrel sitting happily with 6 strongholds.

We didn't use Targaryen as they seem to require a complete different play style and experience, so just used house Arryn instead.

I played this last week but I've only been able to play it twice since picking up the expansion, and don't think I'd ever play it without it.
    Mainly because the base game is pretty bad if you have any less than the maximum 6 players, paired with the fact it requires a bit of forward planning to get 6 friends free for an entire day as it takes about that much time to play it!

The vassal system is fantastic in it, meaning I only need 3 people to play, but with the way it works I find that it takes longer to play than the base game now.

Never disappoints in inducing hatred between friends/partners, which I have to admit was me this time round :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Lorenzi il Magnifico was played last sunday.
    So far I have played it 4 times and have enjoyed it every time.

• Advertisement

Rattus. Keeping your people alive in the black plague! It was fun

pic612591.jpg

Played Ethnos on Sunday. A CMON game without oversized plastic components, and a game board that will happily fit on most coffee tables... which is a refreshing change for CMON!

Also it is a simple game to play, with a nice level of depth and strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

How was it. I never played lcg

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

LorenzoB wrote: »
    How was it. I never played lcg

I like it quite a bit.
    I got it years ago but couldn't get into it.
    I wasn't used to deckbuilders or deck construction in the case of this.

After playing alien legendary I got used to deckbuilding and tried it again. This time it was easier even though it can be a bit of a complicated game. I'd advise to watch a few U tube videos to get the hang of it.

• Advertisement

This one:

pic4474567.jpg

Took a few false starts to understand it, but high fun from the start. Recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Played Memoir 44 for the first time at the weekend. Very good and enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Greg81

I got back to campaign in Gloomhaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Greg81 wrote: »
    A game I'd love to try. I believe they are releasing a newer slimmed down game (and cheaper :) ) .

Played this last night with friends...excellent deck building game...maybe first 15 minutes before the rules sunk in and it just took off. Will be playing this regularily I think:
    https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/201808/clank-deck-building-adventure

Greg81 wrote: »

I'd love to but I've gone at it twice solo now and only got about four scenarios in.
    Tempted by Jaws of the lion now too

A game I'd love to try. I believe they are releasing a newer slimmed down game (and cheaper :) ) .

Played this last night with friends...excellent deck building game...maybe first 15 minutes before the rules sunk in and it just took off. Will be playing this regularily I think:
    https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/201808/clank-deck-building-adventure

Hah. We also had Clank last week. Good fun too.

Stone Age on boardgame arena.

Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonfire

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

c4FqQ88WtRC4GM4R9https://images.app.goo.gl/c4FqQ88WtRC4GM4R9

Played a couple of games of Friday.Very enjoyable.

scary wrote: »
    c4FqQ88WtRC4GM4R9https://images.app.goo.gl/c4FqQ88WtRC4GM4R9

Played a couple of games of Friday.Very enjoyable.

If you like solo ,this one is worth trying out.....

pic3531368.png

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/148729/maquis

• Advertisement

Terraforming Mars. really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Advanced Squad Leader. Getting back into it after many years away.

pic3075749.jpg

Smallworld. Still a laugh after all this time!

pic428828.jpg

Palaces of Carrera on boardgame arena.

If you like it a lot ,there's a new retheme you might like.

pic5412204.png
    pic428828.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

pic428828.jpg

Was late to the smallworld party but love it and since got an axpansion. my teenage kids also love it... Very family friendly and excellent for dyslexia as my middle child suffers with it and is detrimental in so many board games

Started campaign in The Tainted Grail yesterday.
    So far so good. 6hrs - 2 Chapters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Monopoly I think.

Played the intro mission for Core Space solo, one crew. Very enjoyable even with all the flicking through the rules I had to do, we got a bit swamped though in the end and taken out by The Purge. Too greedy.
    Setting up the first mission in the campaign from the rules book now so looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

storker wrote: »
    Advanced Squad Leader. Getting back into it after many years away.

There's a blast from the past. Have not played that since my teens, loved it, Cross of Iron and the third follow up whose name I forget. Didn't even know it was still a thing.

Last few board games were photosynthesis, Carcasonne and Onitama, all of which are great games in very different ways. Got the eldest a decent chess board over Christmas so hopefully get a few games in there too and cards have also been out over lockdown.

Advertisement