Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

batgoat wrote: »
    Joey never said Gemma said that, it was in response to you calling Joey far left for pretty normal views which including opposing killing gay people.

Telling Joey to visit a place that kills people over their sexual orientation is a bit creepy btw.

Way to twist his words Goat! Maybe you should go back over to the after-hours thread on the feedback forum and have another little moan to shut down all descenting voices you don't agree with on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dr Brown wrote: »
    If you flood the country with Immigration then you won't be able to provide those services to anybody.

We can already see that mass Immigration is a major contributory factor to the homeless crisis

He is the only mainstream Politician that is willing to talk about the threat that Ireland faces from mass Immigration.
    Once we signed up to the Nice treaty we couldn't stop 100s of thousands of East Europeans flooding into Ireland.
    She was one of the first people in government to encourage bogus "asylum seekers" to flood into Ireland.

The "asylum" racket has cost the Irish state Billions over the past 20 years.

Of course none of these so called "refugees" would living anywhere near Robinson.

There is 4 or 5 examples of dehumanisation where people are painted "bogus", a "threat" as fake, where we are given images "flooding" of people and huge swathes of people through "mass" migration.

The language you use Dr Brown is inherently racist because it dehumanises people and seeks to represent anyone that is not White, Irish or Catholic as a dangerous threat to Irish society.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Way to twist his words Goat! Maybe you should go back over to the after-hours thread on the feedback forum and have another little moan to shut down all descenting voices you don't agree with on here!

Why do you think it was suggested I visit Brunei?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There is 4 or 5 examples of dehumanisation where people are painted "bogus", a "threat" as fake, where we are given images "flooding" of people and huge swathes of people through "mass" migration.

The language you use Dr Brown is inherently racist because it dehumanises people and seeks to represent anyone that is not White, Irish or Catholic as a dangerous threat to Irish society.
    but many people seeking refugee status are doing so on bogus grounds and in doing so are clogging up the system for people with legitimate cases. nothing dehumanising about calling that out.

but many people seeking refugee status are doing so on bogus grounds and in doing so are clogging up the system for people with legitimate cases. nothing dehumanising about calling that out.

It is dehumanising. The language Dr Brown uses about migrants and refugees is all about painting a racist picture of migrants and refugees as threatening. Its loaded and biased against migrants and refugees. It labels them as fake as not real people. It seeks to take away their actual humanity in order to demonise them. We see this all the time with British media tabloids.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I haven't twisted anything. My criticisms elsewhere on the site are an entirely accurate depiction of horrific views espoused by certain posters. Probably best to move your outrage at me to the relevant thread...
    It is dehumanising. The language Dr Brown uses about migrants and refugees is all about painting a racist picture of migrants and refugees as threatening. Its loaded and biased against migrants and refugees. It labels them as fake as not real people. It seeks to take away their actual humanity in order to demonise them. We see this all the time with British media tabloids.

You can also look back to world war 2 for a great example of what is being emulated. Dehumanise and treat as infestation, it's basically the language of genocide.

if you find that his language makes you see these people as sub human thats on you.

if you find that his language makes you see these people as sub human thats on you.

Not really, it's a pretty well established phenomena. And since Dr Brown is pushing white supremacy in this very thread(he denies this but he's using ethnonationalists, white supremacists and Nazis as sources primarily) , it would appear that he does view non white people as less than. Plus he's justifying apartheid and seems to favour a return to it.

Not really, it's a pretty well established phenomena. And since Dr Brown is pushing white supremacy in this very thread(he denies this but he's using ethnonationalists, white supremacists and Nazis as sources primarily) , it would appear that he does view non white people as less than. Plus he's justifying apartheid and seems to favour a return to it.

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

You saw my post about the reduced murder rates, right? Or is it only when white farmers are murdered that you get worried?
    The murders hve reduced because many have fled.
    Jaysus - so basically anyone who doesn't call for the murder and execution of gay men is far left!

You need to take this up with Michael Mc Gragh .,most people don't including myself but that does not stop me from being called far right.and worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She put up a facebook post lads. And no one came. What wold Michael Collins say?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

One can tone down the words bogus ,fake is those not meeting the criteria to be classed as refugees.Flooding ,mass,swathes is large numbers of migrants.The meaning is the same anyhow but it's more politically correct .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I never said I agree with every policy from that era that's you putting words in my mouth.

This gentleman can fill you in on the history of SA.

It took the Boers 125 years to meet black people after 1652.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7dnrboKVzQ

Crap, tbh.

With colonialism, which began in South Africa in 1652, came the Slavery and Forced Labour Model. This was the original model of colonialism brought by the Dutch in 1652, and subsequently exported from the Western Cape to the Afrikaner Republics of the Orange Free State and the Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek. Many South Africans are the descendents of slaves brought to the Cape Colony from 1653 until 1822.
    https://www.sahistory.org.za/article/history-slavery-and-early-colonisation-south-africa

Odhinn wrote: »

In fairness, his primary source is an ethnonationalist who gives talks to American White Supremacists... Has basically told those guys to be prepared for a race war... But definitely not a white supremacist... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Nal wrote: »
    She put up a facebook post lads. And no one came. What wold Michael Collins say?

I thought (according to her) that Zuckerberg flew into Dublin during the week specifically to.shut down her FB account...

In fairness, his primary source is an ethnonationalist who gives talks to American White Supremacists... Has basically told those guys to be prepared for a race war... But definitely not a white supremacist... :pac:

God jaysus no.

American Renaissance are not "white supremacist" ..............................

They do a damn good job pretending to be then so
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Renaissance_(magazine)

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/american-renaissance

Why do you think it was suggested I visit Brunei?

Because Brunei is the most recent Majority Muslim country where they believe LGBT people should be put to death for being gay. Maybe a trip to one of these counties might open your eyes of how utter repressive and backwards Islamic countries are in relation to LGBT and woman's rights!

Because Brunei is the most recent Majority Muslim country where they believe LGBT people should be put to death for being gay. Maybe a trip to one of these counties might open your eyes of how utter repressive and backwards Islam is!

Is gemma o doherty the sultan of brunei?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly at this stage, I wouldn't be surprised if she thinks she is.

• Advertisement

Hey Johnny I answered a question that Joey asked me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Possibly in her own head. You'd not know with her.

Hey Johnny I answered a question that Joey asked me!

Pretty confident that it had nothing to do with why the other poster said Joey should visit Brunei.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

I see O'Doherty is now saying that Garda Commissioner Drew Harris should "get out of our country".

Harris is from Belfast. He happens to be a Protestant.

So O'Doherty now has the sectarian, partitionist angle covered.

Given her anti-RTE vendetta, I presume George Hamilton will be the next target of her "get out of our country" rantings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Who's up for donning the Men in Black look and turning up en masse at her next street outside hotel based meeting. Just stand across the road and scan the 30 crackpots for a half an hour. Anyone who has a black Mondeo especially welcome.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Who's up for donning the Men in Black look and turning up en masse at her next street outside hotel based meeting. Just stand across the road and scan the 30 crackpots for a half an hour. Anyone who has a black Mondeo especially welcome.
    and if they come over speed off shouting "go go go go!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    I see O'Doherty is now saying that Garda Commissioner Drew Harris should "get out of our country".

Harris is from Belfast. He happens to be a Protestant.

So O'Doherty now has the sectarian, partitionist angle covered.

Given her anti-RTE vendetta, I presume George Hamilton will be the next target of her "get out of our country" rantings.

Just seen this response, not far off the mark to be fair.

https://twitter.com/juteface/status/1114907640474284032?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

https://youtu.be/-uGXiuBYm6s
    Say what you want about Gemma O Doherty but she is right in this video to call out Ray Darcys scandalous wages. Pity a few of our politicians wouldn't do it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Squatting Toilets- takimg over Britain.

Soumds like a 70's punk band and the title of their 1st album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

The vast majority of asylum seekers that come to Ireland are bogus that happens to be factually true.

Just ask former government official Sean Deegan who oversaw fake "asylum seekers" coming to Ireland.

I don't see why we should have any tolerance for people who are trying to scam the system ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement