Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Genuine, slightly creepy and slightly unnerving but satisfying.

I was lying in bed last night when I felt something moving at the bottom of the bed. We have a cat so naturally enough I just assumed it was her. Next thing the bed covers started to move, again I thought nothing of it as my cat likes to sleep under the bed covers at the bottom of the bed sometimes, usually on cold nights like last night. Anyway, a few movements later and I could feel it up near my private area. Naturally I went to remove what I thought was my cat but I couldn't move. My body was frozen but I was wide awake. Next thing I felt a pulling motion on my penis (yes, I know) and I couldn't help it but I became erect. Not long after I ejaculated and immediately regained my movement. Jumper out of the bed, turned on the light to find no cat, nothing else, just me and an empty room.

Like I said, satisfying, but genuinely creepy and unnerving. My first experience of sleep paralysis, different, but scary all the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

Also, I mean this in the spirit of well-intentioned, non-judgemental enquiry....

DA FUQ?!!!!! :eek::D:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Out if curiosity, given my experience, for those of you believe, if you were 'haunted' by let's say a ghost (good looking/invisible presense) who pleasures you sexually at night rather than the norm like throw pictures off the wall, hide the remote and other toddler-like antics, would u want it to stop or continue to let it happen?

To be honest I think I'd continue to let it happen.

Wrong forum for that stuff :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

ivytwine wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

Also, I mean this in the spirit of well-intentioned, non-judgemental enquiry....

DA FUQ?!!!!! :eek::D:eek::D

No need for that :( you've freaked me out even more tbh!

Wrong forum for that stuff :pac:

Sorry, my bad. Genuine question, thought it best to post here given my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My grandad was well known in horticultural circles for growing a certain type of flower (won awards for it , used to judge at events etc). He passed away over 15yrs ago.
    My mam planted one of these flowers in his grave about 1o years ago, the packet happened to have 2 bulbs so she put one in our garden too. Ours bloomed for that year and died after that. The one is his grave kept blooming every year without fail.
    Last year my granny passed away and was buried with him. My mam went to visit their graves a few months ago and lo and behold, the feckin thing was STILL blooming. This is despite the grave being dug up and the addition of my granny to it.
    Apparently it's now just at a different end of the grave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I often find just as I'm falling asleep, I hear someone whispering in my ear. Usually it's either my name or a creepy hi/hello. I'm putting it down to just starting to dream as I fall asleep, otherwise I'll never sleep again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

whitewave wrote: »
    I often find just as I'm falling asleep, I hear someone whispering in my ear. Usually it's either my name or a creepy hi/hello. I'm putting it down to just starting to dream as I fall asleep, otherwise I'll never sleep again!

Does this only happen when you're especially tired?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

whitewave wrote: »

This is another form of sleep paralysis, it has happened to me many times. Not recently but over a period of a couple of years, it happened to me quite a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Link to reddit thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Sorry, my bad. Genuine question, thought it best to post here given my experience.

I was joking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Does this only happen when you're especially tired?

Not especially. I've had forms of sleep paralysis before (I think) so that would tie in with it alright. Creepy though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ONE TIME I WAS HITCHING FOR A LIFT HOME AT NIGHT AND A CAR PULLED IN ABOUT 10 FEET AHEAD THEN I WALKED UP AND OPENED THE PASSENGER DOOR AND THERE WAS A SKELETON DRIVING THE CAR

I just. I just.....Cannot get enough of this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

WindSock wrote: »

Damn it, I almost forgot to read that today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

WindSock wrote: »

I remember laughing my arse off when I first read that one. My girlfriend was looking at me like I had completely lost it, until I made her read from a few posts before it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

No need for that :( you've freaked me out even more tbh!

Sorry, more at the thought of a supernatural entity being up for some lovin'...

You might enjoy this song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

This thread keeping coming up is about as welcome as a repeating fart in a spacesuit. It freaks me out and I promise I won't ever read it again....... Until sun up anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

My dad and uncles are big men and dont let much frighten then but theyve 2 stories about 1 house near home. This house is about 200 years old and set in trees so its a pretty nice setting. Anyway when my uncle was a kid he was over at the house, doing odd jobs for the owner. He was sitting in the kitchen on his own, I dont know where the lady was gone but suddenly a priest or a bishop (been a while since he told me the story) just walked through the kitchen without acknowledging my uncle. Straight in and out. Later on my uncle heard that a priest had been murdered in the house.

Another time my dad was mowing a few fields around the house. Hadnt seen anyone during the time. Anyway he was leaving and drove to the gate. Got out, opened the gate, drovr tractor through, got out to close the gate and......the gate was closed! He got the fock outta there as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I had a premonition that a friend of mine would die, and he was killed in a motorbike accident 2 weeks later.

I dare not tell anyone coz a) they probably would think I was spoofing. B) My sister is now married to his brother and c) it was 22 years ago this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Did you ever come across anything spooky or secretive going on? I'm talking about clandestine stuff, things you wouldn't expect. I'm NOT talking about ghosts or stuff like that.

One night about 20 years ago, myself and a mate were going across the fields in the dark to another mates house, to go knacker drinking. We were walking just inside the hedge, there was a road the other side of it. This was a narrow country road in the middle of the country, no cars around, no other houses, just an isolated rural area in Meath.

We heard what sounded like a motorbike engine coming towards us on the road, but there were no lights. It passed us anyway. A minute later, an aul Bedford tanker lorry came flying up the road. This was strange enough, but next thing a squad car came tearing up behind him, blue lights and all, and pulled him in. A Guard got out, and started walking around the lorry. This entire situation was completely bizarre to us, so we hid in the ditch and watched the whole scene, only feet away from the action. We could hear people talking, but couldn't make out what they were saying. After about 10 minutes, they all just drove off.

Looking back now, it was probably a consignment of washed diesel or the like. Although this was years before all that started. Another time, I witnessed a train on the Sligo line stop dead on the tracks, a bit outside Enfield, at about 3am! What does be going on? So, have you's any freaky stuff that happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

This one time at band camp....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

There's no train to Sligo at 3am or anything near it.

You'd want to lay off the poitin there good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

One night while standing on the stair,
    I saw a man who wasn't there,
    he wasn't there again today,
    i wish that man would go away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I have a story that I have never told anyone. A few others know about it too, but every time they have ever tried to make this public they have been suddenly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Yeah, you used a number to substitute for a letter. That stuff is freaky. 0_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I have a story that I have never told anyone. A few others know about it too, but every time they have ever tried to make this public they have been suddenly

Suddenly what? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Sauve wrote: »
    There's no train to Sligo at 3am or anything near it.

I know! That's the point! But there you are, a big orange and black fcuker of an engine and a few carraiges just pulled up and stopped. We legged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I had a freaky shít this morning, it gave me quite the fright when I stood up and looked upon it, you would not believe that it was produced by a human at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

A couple of years ago my uncle brought myself, my dad and my cousins plinking (target shooting) at a castle he manages during off season.

It was 6 men in a very rural part of the west with rifles and old military looking jeeps.

A couple of hours in a family in a car pulled up to the castle, stopped, looked at us, and reversed out without saying a word.

Pretty sure they thought it was an IRA meet.

Long time ago, in Bethlehem, so the holy bible says, Mary's boy child, Jesus Christ, was born on Xmas Day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I'll play.

I was playing as a kid down a little back alley behind some houses with my mates. A guy cycled up went through the bins just down the alley from us and pulled out a tape recorder in a clear sealed plastic bag from the bin, put it in his bag and cycled off.

Advertisement